• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluesBrother

Master
    For folks doing business I can see where the government wants to cash in, but for the common guy who bought 2k worth of wheels and tires.......found a new set and pedals the originals on eBay for 1k, he now owes the government another 150 dollars in taxes that were already paid when the wheels were originally purchased.
    It's crazy.
    This is exactly why my eBay use has gone to almost nil. I figure if I'm going to be charged taxes anyway, might as well be on new item instead of used item someone is trying to get out from under.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    This is exactly why my eBay use has gone to almost nil. I figure if I'm going to be charged taxes anyway, might as well be on new item instead of used item someone is trying to get out from under.
    They also don't accept American Express any longer. As much as I buy for personal and through work, I have moved to Amazon to keep my points. This last year I've had over a thousand dollars in gift cards alone from points.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    They also don't accept American Express any longer. As much as I buy for personal and through work, I have moved to Amazon to keep my points. This last year I've had over a thousand dollars in gift cards alone from points.
    10-99 for points? I'm sure they are busy working on it. It makes me mad about all the taxes. How many times can they tax the same dollar??

Shootist

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    I'll take a personal check over Paypal, buyer will have to wait for it to clear before shippment.
    I've done this as a seller and a buyer, just have to have some faith in who your dealing with.

BluesBrother

Master
    10-99 for points? I'm sure they are busy working on it. It makes me mad about all the taxes. How many times can they tax the same dollar??
    As many times as the government or we let them get away with. Taxes are in a sad state of affairs. I cringe when ever the topic comes up. Because it's been my experience I will end up with less.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    If you use PayPal for gun related sells just keep the account empty. I have always feared that PayPal will create its own bot. One that scrolls the forum for infractions. Its probably already soaked up this thread

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    nope no guarantee either

Top Bottom