• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rational Mind

Expert
    No one has asked anyone to do anything they didn't want to do. A few simple guidelines as far as being respectful and answering PM's and text messages especially, with someone you've already made a deal with, is not too much to ask. Common decency to keep your word and do what you said you would do is not too much to ask in a respectful decent society. The fact people disregard those simple values is a shame. I did not comment when Carman made his comment until I knew the entire story. People get busy with work and life, that's understandable, but a little communication goes a long way. The seller was respectful in his correspondence with me as I was with him but that does not excuse someone ignoring you and not keeping their word.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Not sure which one of the staff ran

Shaye-nova, but member is banned.​

DustyDog

Master
    Are we being played. I PM'd the seller on three occasions asking to call me. Left name and phone #. Seller would not call , finally responded by PM when I said I would take the last vaquero. Agreed on price and stated he would wait until I was off work to come pick it up. Tried multiple times to set pick up time, no response. Finally I responded to a claim he said he had a black powder rifle and 2 percussion pistols. Said I would be interested in those also when I pick up the Vaquero. Asked for pictures of the percussion revolvers several days ago. Still no response. The 2 members that claimed they had successful transactions joined within 1 day of each other and only had 2 or three on their message history. Are we being played ???????
    Why I only deal over the phone... if someone is afraid to talk to me, that's a big red flag (e.g., are they an illiterate thug?) and non-starter. Of course, we're now dealing with some who are just plain scared shitless to talk on the phone, period! First sentence from a recent Vox article ("Why all your friends are sending you voice notes"):

"In a world where we’re overloaded with texts, anxiety-ridden about phone calls, and fatigued by video chats, many people are turning to another form of communication: voice messages."

Another article:
    https://www.verywellmind.com/afraid-making-phone-calls-tips-3024317

Having a phone conversation is like any other skill: Use it or lose it!

JP0311

Expert
    I did business with shaye nova. He drove an hour to do a deal and Id deal with him again. I asked him about what happened, and from what I gathered, he got tired of messaging back and forth to low ball offers from the op so he quit responding to him. If that's the case, I wouldn't respond either. Some folks on here are habitual low balling terrorists. They want to offer you 275 for an HK but they will ask for 550 for some Taurus. Lol. There is nothing wrong with ignoring bad offers. Again, if that's the case. I did business with him, nice guy and drove an hour.

DustyDog

Master
    Would you guys still talk to me if I told you I was a fed?
    Depends... I have a niece and a cousin who are feds. The niece works for DHS, and is so bad-ass that when she flies commercial, if there is no Air Marshal assigned, she becomes the Air Marshal. She was doing open-water interdictions... at night... off of SoCal (shooting the engines out on drug boats, etc.), but now she's in D.C., probably being fast-tracked to the top. None of those punk-ass bitches mugging people in D.C. better cross paths with her : )

And I might be able to tell you what my cousin does, but not where in the world he is doing it... probably most dangerous country in the world for his assignment. Maybe after he retires, which should be coming up soon... if he lives that long. I was worried when I found out they were sending him there for his last couple of years... sounded like they were trying to get rid of him. Definitely top-echelon, though... not some grunt :)

Last edited:

Idoono

Master
    I did business with shaye nova. He drove an hour to do a deal and Id deal with him again. I asked him about what happened, and from what I gathered, he got tired of messaging back and forth to low ball offers from the op so he quit responding to him. If that's the case, I wouldn't respond either. Some folks on here are habitual low balling terrorists. They want to offer you 275 for an HK but they will ask for 550 for some Taurus. Lol. There is nothing wrong with ignoring bad offers. Again, if that's the case. I did business with him, nice guy and drove an hour.
    I agree with your post but found it funny that the one guy it made me think of "Liked" it. It really made me laugh. Don't know this dude but there are some on here who are like that. They make "Ignore" for a reason.

Idoono

Shaye.nova

Expert
    Giving some context to this from my side I got a message on the posting that said I will take it. I then got a pm from carman stating that he was not offer the asked cash about but some trades all of which were guns that I was not interested in. We did not set up a meeting time or date at all. In fairness I should have responded to his message stating that I was not interested but I was annoyed bc on some previous listing's of mine he lowballed me badly 150-200$ under asking on a 450$ asking price as well as some very low value trade items. Yes I should have responded but to drag my name in the mud bc you were butt hurt your dibs didn't go your way is frankly childish. I'm young and I'm a corrections officer with a crazy schedule but I try my best to make deals that both make the buyer happy and me happy. If you read this and see where I'm coming from thank you, if not I understand and that why we live in the country we do, we can disagree and the world won't come to an end. Thank you for your time.

Shaye.nova

Expert
    Here We Go , Sent Shaye A PM That I Had A Trade For Him On The Browning 40 CAL HIGH POWER OR I WILL BUY IT FOR THE ASKING PRICE ! I Posted I will Take IT ON HIS POST , HE NEVER REPLIED , So I REPLIED TO ANOTHER POST OF HIS , SO HE ANSWERED , IGOT A BETTER OFFER , I DID NOT MAKE HIM AN OFFER , I SAID I WILL TAKE IT !!
    SO THATS THE REAL STORY!
    CARMAN
    You sent me a trade offer according to the glock images you sent stating "for trade" I was not interested simple as that.

SLTW

Expert
    Giving some context to this from my side I got a message on the posting that said I will take it. I then got a pm from carman stating that he was not offer the asked cash about but some trades all of which were guns that I was not interested in. We did not set up a meeting time or date at all. In fairness I should have responded to his message stating that I was not interested but I was annoyed bc on some previous listing's of mine he lowballed me badly 150-200$ under asking on a 450$ asking price as well as some very low value trade items. Yes I should have responded but to drag my name in the mud bc you were butt hurt your dibs didn't go your way is frankly childish. I'm young and I'm a corrections officer with a crazy schedule but I try my best to make deals that both make the buyer happy and me happy. If you read this and see where I'm coming from thank you, if not I understand and that why we live in the country we do, we can disagree and the world won't come to an end. Thank you for your time.

That’s weird…lol. “Hey I’m taking this” is essentially what happened.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Here We Go , Sent Shaye A PM That I Had A Trade For Him On The Browning 40 CAL HIGH POWER OR I WILL BUY IT FOR THE ASKING PRICE ! I Posted I will Take IT ON HIS POST , HE NEVER REPLIED , So I REPLIED TO ANOTHER POST OF HIS , SO HE ANSWERED , IGOT A BETTER OFFER , I DID NOT MAKE HIM AN OFFER , I SAID I WILL TAKE IT !!
    SO THATS THE REAL STORY!
    CARMAN

OK... so you wanted to buy something and he passed on you for his own personal reasons... that's well within his rights no?

"HE NEVER REPLIED"... so? Where does it say he is obligated to reply?

I'm seeing nothing but butt-hurt here... it's not like he told you "ok, it's your" and then later changed correct?

There are some folks on here I'm sure will ignore me as there are some I would ignore.

"I will take it" posted in a thread doesn't obligate the seller to you... same on many other boards I am a member on.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    No one has asked anyone to do anything they didn't want to do. A few simple guidelines as far as being respectful and answering PM's and text messages especially, with someone you've already made a deal with, is not too much to ask. Common decency to keep your word and do what you said you would do is not too much to ask in a respectful decent society. The fact people disregard those simple values is a shame. I did not comment when Carman made his comment until I knew the entire story. People get busy with work and life, that's understandable, but a little communication goes a long way. The seller was respectful in his correspondence with me as I was with him but that does not excuse someone ignoring you and not keeping their word.

Agree somewhat... people should be obligated to keep their word. Agree comms and courtesy go a long way.

I disagree that a person has an obligation to respond to every PM. I have a right to ignore whom I choose and you do/should too. Many boards have an ignore function.

Top Bottom