• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Buy buy buy

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Eight months after Deutsche Bank AG settled a lawsuit claiming it manipulated gold and silver prices, documents it disclosed as part of the accord provide “smoking gun” proof that UBS Group AG, HSBC Holdings Plc, Bank of Nova Scotia and other firms rigged the silver market, plaintiffs claim.
    The allegation came in a filing Wednesday in a Manhattan federal court lawsuit filed in 2014 by individuals and entities that bought or sold futures contracts.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ds-alleged-to-show-banks-rigged-silver-prices

shootnstarz

Master
    Has to be some reason it's dropped so far below it's historical 16 to 1 ratio against gold. They also claim it cost $23 an ounce to mine and process.

RH

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Has to be some reason it's dropped so far below it's historical 16 to 1 ratio against gold. They also claim it cost $23 an ounce to mine and process.

RH

they make more money shorting the market, than they do going long....the more shorts they pile on, depresses the price down below what I consider actual price

if it ever gets anywhere near 16 to 1, trade every silver bar or coin you have for gold...I missed the chance in 2011 , when ratio went to about 35 to 1, I bet on it going lower...I lost the window of opportunity..

just look at action today, see the big dip down, and right back up? shows the action, and the strength of the silver metal...

http://www.kitco.com/charts/livesilver.html

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Silver is used in enormous amounts in manufacturing and should be double what it is priced at, it is being artificially depressed.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Silver is used in enormous amounts in manufacturing and should be double what it is priced at, it is being artificially depressed.

yes, and the most optimistic projections show only about a 20-25 yr supply left in the mines today, unless some new huge strikes occur, which, with the price so low, mining companies are not spending what it takes to bring new mines into production...

when metals finally take off, silver will explode & surpass the growth in price vs gold...

silver, the metal of working folks, gold, the metal of kings

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    The global financial system continues to groan under the strain of the accumulated weight of trillions of dollars of debt and derivatives, which have built up to even more fantastic levels than those that precipitated the near collapse in 2008. And thanks to the policy of solving liquidity problems near-term by creating even more debt and derivatives, Quantitative Easing being the most obvious example. However, while the majority consider the situation to be hopeless, there is actually “light at the end of the tunnel.”
    If only a way could be found to freely tap the funds of savers at will, by imposing duties or taxes on bank accounts with the additional option to appropriate savers’ funds on occasion as required. Subsequently, the systemic liquidity problems will be solved. Banks need never fear solvency problems again. Consequently, they can simply fall back on the account holder’s funds to meet any obligations. There are in fact already names for these restorative operations, they are called “bails-ins” and NIRP (Negative Interest Rate Policy).

http://www.gold-eagle.com/article/war-cash-and-then-gold-and-silver

more in the link, good article, & timely, as this is already happening in india right now
    resist, do not comply, take most of cash out of the system if you can, store it in hard assets, preferably something portable & hideable

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    silver has been on the move upwards...watch for buying opportunities now, I think it will continue to climb

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    $15.59 as this posts..time to buy

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Any tips or advice on investing in silver? Total noob on this but it's something I'm interested in.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    buy cheap sell high! It is an up and down journey, buy from trusted sources, you pay a premium when buying and a penalty when selling. Don't need the money you invest for 5 years, all I got for now

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Haha, maybe I should have clarified and said sources to buy from and places to stay away from. Thanks for the tips!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    I would start with old 90% silver, 1964 and earlier...

dimes, quarters , halves and if found for a good price, old silver dollars...

take .715 times spot price times the face value will give you the value(in silver content) of a coin.

shootnstarz

Master
    Joe, the two places I recommend in Pensacola are Roberts & Roberts Brokerage and Emerald Coast Coins. Both are straight up businesses and will be happy to help you figure out what's best to get started.

I agree 90% US silver, called "junk silver" because the coins have no collectable or numismatic value, is the way to get your feet wet, it usually has the lowest premium. A premium is the price of the coin/bullion over current spot value, what it's sells for on the precious metals markets. This price varies by the minute.

90% old US silver currently is selling for about a 15 to 1 ratio, except silver dollars, in other words $1 in junk silver will cost you $15, may vary some as the price moves.

There are also 1 oz pure silver bullion coins called America Silver Eagles, as well as bullion coins from many other countries available. Sometimes the premiums on these coins are less than 90% silver, and there's 5 oz coins and bars as well as denominations up to 100 oz.

Precious metals are also weighed in Troy ounces, as opposed to the regular ounces your cereal weighs. One troy ounce equals 30 grams, one Troy pound equals 14 troy ounces so don't get confused there.

Now is a great time to start investing in metals, prices are relatively low compared to 5 - 6 years ago, could even go lower, but could fly off into space.

Check out this mail order site, kind of pricey but I've bought from them before. If nothing else, lots of good info there: http://www.apmex.com/

Rick

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
      attachment.jpg
      256.4 KB · Views: 282

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Thanks guys! That's exactly the advice I was looking for. Just wasn't sure where to start. I don't want to get hosed just because I'm a novice when it comes to precious metals.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    $15.96 Friday close

shootnstarz

Master
    2016 Star Trek - Starfleet Command Insignia 1/2 oz Gold Proof $200 NGC PF69 UC (Exclusive Canada Lab) $1,195, pretty pricey for a half ounce of gold.

Attachments

• untitled.png
      untitled.png
      547.8 KB · Views: 183
    Top Bottom