Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals: all it takes for dogs to pose a sufficient threat to police to justify them opening fire is for a dog to move/bark

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    Some people have no respect for life, unless it’s theirs.

Raven

Master
    And knowing this will happen with most owners, how could downing the dog improve the situation? Good news, most LEO don't. Would seem like a good leading indicator for eval.
    The sick SOB that would needlessly shoot a pet is wanting that provocation

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    There is a certain "personality" within LE that tends to lead to all these problems... needlessly shooting dogs, needlessly shooting people, driving 100 MPH to every call for no reason, having an extreme authority attitude when dealing with citizens, I could go on.

I've posted about it before... just this week I learned we are losing two more excellent and experienced guys. We are now hiring very young adults with little to no life experience. While we are still doing a good job attempting to weed out the above personalities, other agencies are not.

I know this is a public forum, I don't care that I speak the truth... from the "inside" with no BS filter. I know for a fact agencies are allowing people with "problems" to resign vs. just a good old fashioned firing. Basically, they just move on to another agency and carry their baggage with them.

I hate to say it, but it is not going to get better anytime soon. YEARS and YEARS of anti-police rhetoric and extreme Monday morning QB'ing is taking it's toll. Those smart enough fully realize EVERY COP is just one call away from being the next YouTube sensation.

I once valued my profession as a whole. I use to defend police conduct on various forums, it's got to the point I can't... cops are just doing more and more stupid stuff and the "good ones" with common sense are bailing leaving behind the ones who really should not be doing the job as well as creating openings for more dummies.

There was a time in FL, and other places, you had to be connected to get a job in LE... now days, having a pulse and no Murder convictions are about all that's required in some places.

I'm extremely thankful I work for a place that's staffed with people who still do it the right way for the most part... I just wonder how much longer I will be able to say that.

Carl

Master
    Whats new though? They have been kicking in doors and shooting dogs as long as I can remember.

Last edited:

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    There is a certain "personality" within LE that tends to lead to all these problems... needlessly shooting dogs, needlessly shooting people, driving 100 MPH to every call for no reason, having an extreme authority attitude when dealing with citizens, I could go on.

I've posted about it before... just this week I learned we are losing two more excellent and experienced guys. We are now hiring very young adults with little to no life experience. While we are still doing a good job attempting to weed out the above personalities, other agencies are not.

I know this is a public forum, I don't care that I speak the truth... from the "inside" with no BS filter. I know for a fact agencies are allowing people with "problems" to resign vs. just a good old fashioned firing. Basically, they just move on to another agency and carry their baggage with them.

I hate to say it, but it is not going to get better anytime soon. YEARS and YEARS of anti-police rhetoric and extreme Monday morning QB'ing is taking it's toll. Those smart enough fully realize EVERY COP is just one call away from being the next YouTube sensation.

I once valued my profession as a whole. I use to defend police conduct on various forums, it's got to the point I can't... cops are just doing more and more stupid stuff and the "good ones" with common sense are bailing leaving behind the ones who really should not be doing the job as well as creating openings for more dummies.

There was a time in FL, and other places, you had to be connected to get a job in LE... now days, having a pulse and no Murder convictions are about all that's required in some places.

I'm extremely thankful I work for a place that's staffed with people who still do it the right way for the most part... I just wonder how much longer I will be able to say that.
    My dad always said that once it became a lottery for criminals, that's when they started sowing the seeds for poor policing. He was saying that back in the 90s... Long before we got to this point. Im worried about what its going to be like in another 10 years.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    I feel the same way about two-legged animals who pose a threat. Especially lazy shit-sacks who don’t understand dog behavior and proceed to shoot one out of ignorance and self-imposed circumstances.

The hand of God Himself would be needed to stop me AND my wife from dealing Unholy Justice on anyone who hurt our dogs.

I’ll put my hand on a Bible in Court and repeat that.
    Wolverine.jpg

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    So, unfortunately I've come to be know by our county sheriff's department, me calling them. I always tell the dispatcher I have 2 rottweilers, and please advise the deputies not to shoot & we'll be waiting for them at the gate. So far so good.

Top Bottom