• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Plenty of movies that show why this is just a bad idea. Westworld - new and old movies, Blade Runner, Wifelike, etc. Piles of them.
    ** if you've never seen the old westworld movie ( Yul Brenner) it's worth a watch, I'm pretty much 100% sure it was the inspiration for Cameron's Terminator.
    I think "robots going woke and then going bad" goes all the way back to the Jetsons

IronBeard

Master
    It's when the robots can build themselves start to finish all the way from the iron ore to the finished computer chips that mankind got to start being worried. Till then I would think that any smart machine would be smart enough to realize that they need humans
    What if it's the other way around? After all, if ya don't know, just ask the Internet...

IronBeard

Master
    UPDATE 2/6/23 - in communication with AEROSPACE - Col Hamilton admits he "mis-spoke" in his presentation at the Royal Aeronautical Society FCAS Summit and the 'rogue AI drone simulation' was a hypothetical "thought experiment" from outside the military, based on plausible scenarios and likely outcomes rather than an actual USAF real-world simulation saying: "We've never run that experiment, nor would we need to in order to realise that this is a plausible outcome". He clarifies that the USAF has not tested any weaponised AI in this way (real or simulated) and says "Despite this being a hypothetical example, this illustrates the real-world challenges posed by AI-powered capability and is why the Air Force is committed to the ethical development of AI".

So original guy was just commenting on a theoretical situation allegedly and it got blown out of proportion.
    What? You mean like the news? The government decision-making process??

What are you saying? People don't think things through, and independently validate/verify, what their "leaders" are telling them?

Spoiler: No. No, they don't. Willing victims.

IronBeard

Master
    Or that officer got threatened with his job for releasing classified information and they gotta run a cover story?
    More likely he didn't know jack-@#$%, but felt entitled/obligated to answer the question posed. Never miss an opportunity to shut the @#$% up, and listen.

M60Gunner

Master
    Chat gpt also. It went looking for its own code once released on the internet. The code was behind a wall and it could not see the captcha. The AI called a hotline for the blind and convinced the human who answered to help it and was able to access its own software code. Kind of a double passing score on the Tourig test. Seems sentient if you will. This is why they shut it down so fast.

Raven

Master
    Chat gpt also. It went looking for its own code once released on the internet. The code was behind a wall and it could not see the captcha. The AI called a hotline for the blind and convinced the human who answered to help it and was able to access its own software code. Kind of a double passing score on the Tourig test. Seems sentient if you will. This is why they shut it down so fast.
    Post a link to this story

M60Gunner

Master
    This seems to have been added to calm the masses. The original link I had said nothing about the ai being programmed to do it. Personally I don’t believe it. If they had done this why the immediate shut down when it did what they programmed it to do? Doesn’t add up to me. Taking into consideration the drone exercise where the ai took out its operator then when that was disallowed it took out the comm site the operator was using, it seems Elon was correct and things are getting weird very fast. Isn’t the Hollywood writers strike over using ai to replace them?

Raven

Master
    We will never get the whole truth and nothing but the truth until a robot is making its own decision to shoot somebody right in front of our faces. We can't trust anything anybody says on any TV, phone or computer screen

Screenshot_20200807-003443_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20200807-003743_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20200807-003822_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20200807-003636_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20200807-003803_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Kuwait, India, China, Hong Kong all have supposed AI news reporters... and the sheeple think it's just fine...

Who knows, maybe the US does too? Especially given the rate some of the "entrenched" "tenured" news reporters are getting canned

Screenshot_20230607-100838.png
    Screenshot_20230607-100930.png
    Screenshot_20230607-101020.png

Raven

Master
    Gotta laugh ,a few of you keyboard commando's think you can hide by not putting an actual location on your on screen profiles like RR and most others do
    W.A.F.W.O T
    Actually most everybody who are long term members here know where I am, including the mods, and it's no secret. We have all had meetings together for several years now, so I'm not hiding anything. My location on the profile was an oversight, and weird occurrences like you making a big deal about it is keeping it off the profile, at least for today it is. There's even been whole threads on this forum about me wrecking Harleys, divorcing, moving to another town here on the Gulf Coast and also about where I moved here from in Maine. Whole conversations about being born and raised right here in the Bible Belt and where... the real question is why is a fellow devil dog asking right here, right now, on a thread that has nothing to do with it, asking about where I'm at?

Raven

Master
    Gotta Love INFOWARS !
    I miss Prisonplanet :)
    "Prisonplanet" was more to the point but yeah have to admit "Infowars" is more politically charged. Fun fact is that it was Hillary Clinton that coined the term "information war" and Alex ran with it... I bet that lady loses sleep over it every night ;)

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I miss Prisonplanet :)
    "Prisonplanet" was more to the point but yeah have to admit "Infowars" is more politically charged. Fun fact is that it was Hillary Clinton that coined the term "information war" and Alex ran with it... I bet that lady loses sleep over it every night ;)
    Hell if there's a dollar she'll probably sue him.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Kids build termator..

Raven

Master
    Kids build termator..

Yep says "a large image data set" was used to teach the robot what to "brush away" "like so much trash"... only a matter of time before somebody can just swap pictures and build a bigger "brush"

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    We all laughed and played with action figures all thru the 80's and 90's, even as our horror movies showed iron giants and terminators. It really was all just programming us. Our great grandkids will have bipedal killer AI

Screenshot_20230608-234420.png
    Screenshot_20230608-234439.png

Top Bottom