• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccc

Master
    To be fair, I'm not from around here lol. There is no deer leasing in the south west. This is the first time I've ever heard of it. The only way you’re gonna hunt anything is to get drawn.
    Timber companies own most of the land here and you can lease it from them, we have about 5,000 acres and a NICE camp house

fisheadgib

Expert
    You might look into taking up USPSA competition to do all the John Wick stuff that you want to do. On the one hand it's kinda gaming but it makes you think and figure out a situation and then run the stage as fast as you can. Lotsa moving, reloading, and thinking. Escambia River and Element both shoot a monthly USPSA/IPSC match and I believe the matches are open to the public.

ABlaster

Marksman
    You might look into taking up USPSA competition to do all the John Wick stuff that you want to do. On the one hand it's kinda gaming but it makes you think and figure out a situation and then run the stage as fast as you can. Lotsa moving, reloading, and thinking. Escambia River and Element both shoot a monthly USPSA/IPSC match and I believe the matches are open to the public.
    Yep. If you're not interested in actually winning the match you can walk it and take it apart as tactically as you want to. Lots of practice on cutting pies, not overrunning your cover, keeping up with ammo management, ect.

There's a lot to be said for running a course you didn't design, on the clock, with people watching, with no prior instruction on how to take on the course from an instructor, that can be very revealing.

Beached

Expert
    Running and gunning is combat ? Self defense for civilians happens within ten foot and last three seconds with average two shots fired.
    Per FBI statistics. This is what I have read not experienced thankfully.

ABlaster

Marksman
    Competition shooting teaches you how to shoot at a high level (or as high as you’re willing to work for). I don’t see how that’s a bad thing. If you play the odds and only train to what is statistically most likely it seems very limiting.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    There's a gun range map linked tab on the home page here. ALTUS and Element both provide a decent schedule of training and competition events that would be close to you.

mrjenkins

Expert
    Running and gunning is combat ? Self defense for civilians happens within ten foot and last three seconds with average two shots fired.
    Per FBI statistics. This is what I have read not experienced thankfully.
    I did know that, no it's not combat. With the state of the country and the direction we've been going for years, I've spent the last roughly 10 years training for the worst. I'm not training for a 5 to 10 foot self defense shooting. It's for a disaster I see coming in the near future.

Reactions: ccc
    I did know that, no it's not combat. With the state of the country and the direction we've been going for years, I've spent the last roughly 10 years training for the worst. I'm not training for a 5 to 10 foot self defense shooting. It's for a disaster I see coming in the near future.
    Great planning, moving to a more densely populated region of the country.

wvfatboy

Master
    I'm from WV. I've been in the same hunt club for 27 years. It started out at 50 bucks a year and is now 325. Still very cheap compared to other places to hunt. 1900 acres. We can ride 4 wheelers and side x sides and have 2 local DNR owned shooting ranges within 14 miles from each other. Wv has a couple shooting ranges in about every county. Of course it cost nothing. Miss it really bad !

GreeZdLightNin

Marksman
    This was done on my range. 25 yard and 100 yard. We did a half-day of movement and contact drills but these were just for the channel.

GreeZdLightNin

Marksman
    You ain't a man, less you got land. I need to get more plates on mine.
    Unfortunately, Mine might be up for sale soon. Things aren't working our for building right now thanks to Escambia county/Florida in general. Wish this was 5 minutes north in AL, we'd be done already. Wife and kids just want to get in a house so I've found some with land, but they're pricey. Ill really miss this range if we sell though.

Last edited:

Baddog 0302

Master
    Great planning, moving to a more densely populated region of the country.
    My guess is that he moved here because of employment. Unless he lives in a like minded community he will be one against many , NOT good odds.
    There is a big industry bases on 'preppers" from meals with a 25 year shelf life to self contained build on your property , usually underground and in an isolated area , mostly in mountain area's.
    want a little practice as a prepper, turn off ALL electronic and fuel powered devices except your house power , and your whole family stay's at home.

Last edited:

mrjenkins

Expert
    My guess is that he moved here because of employment. Unless he lives in a like minded community he will be one against many , NOT good odds.
    There is a big industry bases on 'preppers" from meals with a 25 year shelf life to self contained build on your property , usually underground and in an isolated area , mostly in mountain area's.
    want a little practice as a prepper, turn off ALL electronic and fuel powered devices except your house power , and your whole family stay's at home.
    The area I'm from has over 15 million people. 3rd most densely populated place in the country. Not only is it about 70% cheaper here, I went from 15 million people around me down to 30 thousand

mrjenkins

Expert
    This is my group from arizona. Most of the state is public land so you can literally just pull off the highway and start shooting. The last picture is one of my daughters. She likes to shoot too

Attachments

• 20231227_102922.jpg
      20231227_102922.jpg
      5 MB · Views: 28
    • 20231227_103142.jpg
      20231227_103142.jpg
      5.4 MB · Views: 29
    • 20231227_104247.jpg
      20231227_104247.jpg
      4.5 MB · Views: 25
    • 20231227_103149.jpg
      20231227_103149.jpg
      6.1 MB · Views: 25
    • 20231227_104538.jpg
      20231227_104538.jpg
      7 MB · Views: 25
    Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Unfortunately, Mine might be up for sale soon. Things aren't working our for building right now thanks to Escambia county/Florida in general. Wish this was 5 minutes north in AL, we'd be done already. Wife and kids just want to get in a house so I've found some with land, but they're pricey. Ill really miss this range if we sell though.
    That's terrible. I hate they screwed ya over. It's not even remotely acceptable.
    I was very lucky to get dirt in a "freedom based" county otherwise we'd be in the same situation. I've noticed that if your county even remotely touches waterfront your screwed. It was part of our property search. "Beach Karen's" are in charge there.

mrjenkins

Expert
    I grew up with solar panels for power and carting water back from the well to fill our water tank up. Grew all our food in the back yard. Pigs, beef, buffalo. I'm trying to get that back

GreeZdLightNin

Marksman
    I grew up with solar panels for power and carting water back from the well to fill our water tank up. Grew all our food in the back yard. Pigs, beef, buffalo. I'm trying to get that bac you can do it in Florida as long as you don't have to build anything
    you can do it in Florida as long as you don't have to build anything.
    I had the chance to buy 17 acres in Alabama and my uncle told me not to because of the state income tax. Well guess what I'm regretting.
    @Rebel_Rider1969 has no idea how jealous I am lol

Top Bottom