• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunslinger82

Expert
    I don't frequent the Starbucks Libtard oasis, so this does not effect me. I will also conceal carry where I damn well please, unless specifically prohibited by law or statute.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    It is^^^

hukdizzle

Expert
    Seems completely reasonable to me, they don't want to be used as an example by groups with which they may not completely agree with all of their points of view. It sounds like they have no issues at all with responsible and courteous gun carrying individuals who aren't there to make a point, but just grab their coffee and go.

joe

Master
    Well it seems they tried to be gun friendly until people tried to use their stores to make a statement.

I would not function with out my expresso. I drink probably 6 shots a day but I have my own machine. I do not care to drink Hot coffee when it is 90 outside, Iced Americaon all the way.

Bean Counter

Marksman
    They are in business to make money. Kinda hard to pay your bills with a political statement. Seems to me that they are giving their best effort to support gun rights without alienating customers. How many people here own their own business? Now how many of you would have your bottom line effected if you started having people start hanging around your front door openly carrying firearms? Now for the rest of you. If you saw a few guys hanging around the front door of the furniture store with AR's strapped to their backs would you go in to buy that table or just move on down the road? Folks its a business they are trying to make money why do they, or any business, have to be the rally spot for gun rights. I know if I had people in my office openly carrying firearms it would make some possibly a majority of my clients uncomfortable and while the firearms would not bother me in one bit, I would be wanting to go out back and shoot them, at the end of the day if I start losing clients (spelled dollars) that would bother me. Hell look at it. They have created a firearms policy to appease the gun control crowd and told their employees not to enforce it. I would thing that the gun control crowd would be pissed not the people who are responsibly carrying. I am not uneasy around firearms. I am uneasy around people I do not know openly carrying firearms to prove a point in a place that I would not expect to see them. I don't pet dogs that I don't know and I don't hang out in places where people a showing how important they are by carrying firearms. I would rather you not know that I am carrying.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    The only reason that people are uncomfortable seeing people open carry is they are sheeple, OK for the gooberment to take away rights and too politically correct to stand up for an injustice. To carry open or concealed is a Constitutional right, only the gooberment says no or when and where, they are wrong...no permit necessary to carry a weapon anyway you want to according to the Constitution! OH how far we have gone down hill to destruction!

Bean Counter

Marksman
    I agree Frank but perceptions being what they are why should a business be required to lose customers because you or me want to make a statement? I am not uncomfortable seeing people carry openly but it is not common place in our society to see that. I would bet if you took a pole about open carrying in a business most people who are not anti 2nd amendment would still feel uneasy as it is not something they would be used to seeing.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Many States are open carry, I doubt living there you would notice half the time. We as humans are frightened of things we don't see as the norm day to day. We slowly allow the gooberment to take away our rights and freedoms as we are frightened of the day and sights without them...Sad to see America this way, glad I don't have kids and I will be dead when it comes to an end.

joe

Master
    Yada Yada Yada America is not about to go down the toilet because starbucks asked people not to bring their guns inside.

98% of stores would do the same thing & probably already do. We just have not seen the documentation that proves it.

Why don't you go strap on you Ar 15 & walk threw Walmart, or your local church on Sunday & see what kind of reception you get. Heck try it with you pistol & I bet your pastor will pull you aside & ask why you feel the need to open carry during service. I bet he would even ask you to leave it home. Its called using common sense. Guns do not belong in all situation. Would you bring your Ar 15 to a school play. No

While I am not happy about the direction America is going the open carry issues is the least of our problems.

Last edited:

Rebuilt

Marksman
    Like other have said its not the concealed carry guys causing the problem, its the yahoos posting on facebook scheduling open carry events in starbucks. Starbucks wants to be a neutral. They don't want a stand one way pr another. They also don't want people in the store with rifles and shotguns slung over their shoulders. I don't blame them. I have a CC permit and think open carry should be an option in our state. That said I don't think going to Basken Robins with my kids needs my AR-15. People on both sides of the table were trying to use them to push their agenda.

Bean Counter

Marksman
    That is the point Rebuilt. When you get down to it based on which pole you read between 20% & 40% are for stricter gun laws. Why should any business be placed in a position where they could potentially lose that portion of their customers to push an agenda? If you reduce any businesses revenues by that amount somebody is going to lose their job at the very least or go completely out of business. At the end of the day a business is there to make money and should not be placed in a position to push someones agenda. In Florida, pursuant to statute 790.25(3)(h), we are allowed to open carry when engaged in, going to, or returning from fishing, camping, or hunting. Go to your local Walmart with your firearm of choice carrying openly next time you are going to one of those activities. Forget about managements reaction, that does not matter, watch how many people leave when they see your firearm. Those will be dollars walking out the store and that is what this is about.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Stopped using them in 2008 when they openly stated "they didnt support the war in Iraq" and they wouldnt donate coffee in care packages to soldiers deployed. But they had shops over there to make a profit(not saying you cant make a profit on something you dont support) but dont expect to see any of my money. Also Dunkin Donuts was all to happy to send us 150lbs of coffee for free and a ton of coupons for future use. Thanks Dunkin Donuts!!!

joe

Master
    Crazydoc68 If this is your first hand experience then i will not argue with you but if this was something you heard I would read the links below. They "Donated 141,000 LBS of coffee & one million 3 pack of VIA." The do not donate from individual stores. Now if I was running an individual store I would still give you a few to send if you asked me directly.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp

http://news.starbucks.com/about+starbucks/myths+facts/militarydonations.htm

Stopped using them in 2008 when they openly stated "they didnt support the war in Iraq" and they wouldnt donate coffee in care packages to soldiers deployed. But they had shops over there to make a profit(not saying you cant make a profit on something you dont support) but dont expect to see any of my money. Also Dunkin Donuts was all to happy to send us 150lbs of coffee for free and a ton of coupons for future use. Thanks Dunkin Donuts!!!

Last edited:

hukdizzle

Expert

It's a fairly well rounded response yes but I think Colion missed the point here. Gun rights demonstration has to be handled with great care and tactful dissemination due to the nature of what we are protecting. There are correct ways and times to organize and demonstrate and a big part of that is ensuring that you are AT LEAST cleared to demonstrate this right on whatever property you plan to use to demonstrate on. The gun rights demonstrators claimed starbucks as their forum without the explicit consent of public organization on their property from Starbucks and it damaged earnings and public image due to this. It's a no brainer that starbucks had to ensure that a public statement was made that would appease the majority of their customers.

What we really have to take from all of this is that for gun rights to flourish in a positive way we must approach the public in a very open, understanding, responsible and most of all respectful manner. Unfortunately this whole starbucks debacle wasn't a great example of any of that.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    What we really have to take from all of this is that for gun rights to flourish in a positive way we must approach the public in a very open, understanding, responsible and most of all respectful manner. Unfortunately this whole starbucks debacle wasn't a great example of any of that.

Amen.

joe

Master
    I have a hard time supporting people who do stupid things like carrying a long gun in public places where there is no need. It seems to me they care less about gun rights & more about attracting attention to them selves. I bet these same people are not carrying their gun into their work, church, or local police station. I can just see these guys walk into their office & set their 12 ga on the desk. How about walk into church with their AR. I don't think so. Where is the outrage at your employer? Are they quitting their job if they can't open carry there?

IMO they are not helping gun rights in anyway. What good comes from carrying a shotgun or rifle around in situations where they are not needed. Do you think that Anti gun people are going to lose their fear or change their minds by you exposing them to guns? Get real. Someone please explain how holding Open carry gun rallies helps promote gun rights?

I am not against open carry especially for pistols I just do not understand the idea behind holding the open carry rallies.

B52

Master
    In Florida, pursuant to statute 790.25(3)(h), we are allowed to open carry when engaged in, going to, or returning from fishing, camping, or hunting.

I am not sure a cop or judge would accept that. There is no definition in the law as to when going or returning is engaged. If coming back from your camping trip with your Ruger Mk2 on you hip and stop in the quick-e-mart for gas and snack, I bet you will get a beat down and court date from the cops before you finish your returning trip.

Remember there is no logic or justice i the legal system. In short no Open Carry at all in FL.

A right not use is a right lost.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    My new everyday Tshirt

Attachments

• open carry T.jpg
      open carry T.jpg
      17.6 KB · Views: 119
    Top Bottom