• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madeSICC88

Master
    Or be like my sister when they went camping with their brand new outback, backed right into a tree and cracked the bumper and tailight. The new car feeling wore off quick on that one.

I just don't buy nice cars anymore so I don't have to worry about them, I still keep them clean and park as far away from other vehicles as possible but I'm not nearly as bad as I used to be.

When my wife tells me I can finally get a new f150 I'm sure those old habits will be right back though.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I volunteer to be that friend for you, Ian!

I can't imagine the pleasure it would give you to go driving that truck off into the woods beating the hell out of it.

I have a 98 Camaro that I am just as particular about, so I don't need to start a collection of vehicles that I don't drive. From this point forward I am going to be buying higher mileage vehicles on the cheap, which is exactly what I had always done up until my last 2 vehicles. No reason for me to drive myself nuts worrying about dinging or hurting something new.

Dan1612

Master
    Kids will do just the same. Apple juice and chicken nuggets imbedded DEEP into the carpet. Fruit loops and Cheerios in every crevice of the interior, no matter how many times it gets detailed. But at the end of the day, it's just a school bus.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    NO eating in my truck, especially KIDS! really NO kids in my Truck...LOL

madeSICC88

Master
    I really like your 4runner. The small lift and tires looks good without going crazy. A nice stock mod look to it. I told myself ill never have another lifted vehicle but I have a really bad itch to buy a FJ cruiser and I know ill end up lifiting when I do

madeSICC88

Master
    NO eating in my truck, especially KIDS! really NO kids in my Truck...LOL

Yea me and my wife have been very good at not letting our kids eat in our vehicles. I dont mind the outside of a car being dirty too much but the interior has to be nice and clean. I hate clutter and unnecessary things on the inside of my vehicles. If we need to stop and eat then we stop and eat at the restaurant or stop at a park.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    I've eased up on my truck policies over the years. I love my current one, not the newest or the nicest but it's paid for.
    And I scored a box of 333 win. 22lr at academy earlier. Just sayin

Dan1612

Master
    Eh, it's a school bus. Paid for the day we bought it, and I'll drive it till the wheels fall off. By then, I should be able to grab something more like what I drove in my wild days. Clutch. Whoo Hoo!

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I really like your 4runner. The small lift and tires looks good without going crazy. A nice stock mod look to it. I told myself ill never have another lifted vehicle but I have a really bad itch to buy a FJ cruiser and I know ill end up lifiting when I do

Thanks, I like it too, enough to sell the garage queen :D.

FJ's are really nice, but they sure do catch a lot of rocks to that windshield!

madeSICC88

Master
    You get a lot of them over there? I guess they are pretty vertical so not much of a deflection angle. Well if I by it then it will probably stay in the garage too so I think the windshield will be fine haha.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    You get a lot of them over there? I guess they are pretty vertical so not much of a deflection angle. Well if I by it then it will probably stay in the garage too so I think the windshield will be fine haha.

For the number of them that are on the road, we see quite a few. Definitely the angle of the windshield... Good plan, keep it in the garage and it'll be safe!

madeSICC88

Master
    Yea I never saw them for a long time but lately I see them everywhere, I fell in love when a customer let me take a look at his cement grey one, been in love ever since. Was going to trade the wife's car for one but not having 4 full doors would be too much of a pain for her with 2 kids.
    After I get my work car paid off then I can but my vehicle, torn between the f150 or fj.

Seanpcola

Someone at the Rio Bravo restaurant on 9 Mile Rd. has the sweetest FJ I've ever seen. Black, sweet wheels and tires. Love to have one. Guess we can keep Ian busy.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    I gave away a bunch of drums and totes a few months back and some folks said they were going to make a few cool projects out of them, I am curious how they turned out? Can anyone post a pic or two of what they made or what they did with them. I think that would be cool...

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Whew 4 hours and $180 later, got all the food bagged up for the pups for the next 4 weeks. Ground pork, beef kidney, chicken feet, chicken livers and gizzards, boneless thighs and ground deer meat. I swear these mutts eat better than I do!

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Whew 4 hours and $180 later, got all the food bagged up for the pups for the next 4 weeks. Ground pork, beef kidney, chicken feet, chicken livers and gizzards, boneless thighs and ground deer meat. I swear these mutts eat better than I do!

$180/mo! How are they doing on the diet?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    I'm a 50cal now on the forum. Isn't there like an elite members benefit social somewhere. Seans house maybe...

Top Bottom