• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • capt.joe

Master
    I took today off work to gather up material and close in a 15x30 bay in my barn so the cows and goats can stay warm. Down the road i will build a small barn for them to sleep in and this spot im enclosing will be an air conditioned shop. Did some measuring on the rv bay and i think i have enough height for a second story man cave, also 15x30. Its like a 30x45 barndominium waiting to happen!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I took today off work to gather up material and close in a 15x30 bay in my barn so the cows and goats can stay warm. Down the road i will build a small barn for them to sleep in and this spot im enclosing will be an air conditioned shop. Did some measuring on the rv bay and i think i have enough height for a second story man cave, also 15x30. Its like a 30x45 barndominium waiting to happen!
    Go for it! Use the upper for a shooting house.

Last edited:

capt.joe

Master
    My guy was a no show today. Says he will be here tomorrow. So im taking tomorrow off. Either i finish the short wall myself or he shows up and i will coach. My arms are toast and i really dont want to work on a tall ladder.

capt.joe

Master
    Finally got the barn bay closed in at 1800. What a day. My guy was a no show again. My wife got tired about 1430 and put out a help request in her group. A marine who turned out to be my age and a dang good contractor showed up and didnt charge me a dime. He only asked that i teach him to weld in a few months and help him weld spare tire carriers on his 2 trailers. I am happy i met him. The cows and goats were literally lined up waiting to go in as we walked away.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    The Legend of Geronimo
    Geronimo was born in No-doyohn Canon, Arizona, June 1829, near Clifton, Arizona, from the Bedonkohe Apache tribe. He was named Goyathlay (One Who Yawns) the fourth in a family of four boys and four girls. In 1846, when he was seventeen, he was admitted to the Warriors ' Council, which allowed him to marry. He was soon allowed to marry a woman named Alope, and the couple had three children.
    The tribe, at peace with the Mexican cities and nearby Indian tribes, moved to New Mexico in the mid-1850s where they could trade. They've been camping outside a Mexican town called Kas-ki-yeh for several days. The rest of the men went to the city to trade, leaving a few warriors to guard the camp. Many women and children who told them that Mexican troops had invaded their camp met them when they returned from town.
    They went back to camp to find their guard guards killed, and their horses, provisions and weapons were gone. Even worse, there were also many women and children killed. Goyathlay's daughter, mother, and three children were among those who lay dead, and as a result he despised all Mexicans for the rest of his life.
    It was his family's slaughter that made him a brave warrior from a friendly Native. He soon joined a fearsome Apache tribe known as Chiricahua and engaged in several attacks in northern Mexico and across the border into U.S. territory, now known as the New Mexico and Arizona states.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    When your wife starts a sentence with "when you get a chance...." just go ahead & start puttin your shoes on.
    She means now.

Top Bottom