• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Of course we all know that. That's why Hugh J has butt plug pop ups on his page and Stanley's is covered in Armadillo recipes.

For the record I have not yet tried Armadillo but raccoon and Nutra Rat taste amazing!! Just didn't want any crazy rumors running around. Carry on.....

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    For the record I have not yet tried Armadillo but raccoon and Nutra Rat taste amazing!! Just didn't want any crazy rumors running around. Carry on.....

it is just like possum on the half shell!

Viking1204

Master
    Wow, nobody on this thread for almost 11 hours, I guess the rain made everybody sleepy last night! Good morning Gentlemen, it's currently not raining!

Seanpcola

Yep, not for at least 5 minutes. If you can believe the weather liars this won't let up until Saturday. I guess I shouldn't complain too, I would prefer to get this much precip over a week than one single day like last April. My garden is loving it but it may end up drowning everything.

Viking1204

Master
    Armadillo is one of the last animals I'd think about touching and I'm definitely not eating one, they carry Leprocy.

Attachments

• Armadillo Lepracy.jpg
      Armadillo Lepracy.jpg
      57.1 KB · Views: 134

fishingjean

Master
    Actually was at a boat landing in ala. an they had a big cookout!! When we got back from fishing we got in line an I didn't really know what is was till done!! I think it was hubbards landing??? Denny in pace!!

Seanpcola

Yep, I've heard about the leprosy issue. Figured it wouldn't be a problem after cooking. All theoretical anyway because I doubt anyone is going to try it. I just meant that if it's something other people are known to eat I'll try it. I was married to a Cajun and while visiting relatives near Homa I ate some meals where I wasn't told what the meat was and didn't ask. A couple of things tasted odd but overall it was amazing.

That's the funny thing about food. We're all raised thinking some things are good to eat and others arent. Chicken, pork and beef are accepted as "good" while other sources like squirrel, racoon or whatever are deemed bad. Reality is its not the meat, it's the economics of mass production. When you think about it a chicken is a nasty animal but we all dive into a bucket of the Colonel's products, slam wings and order chicken sandwiches. If it was monetarily viable with minimum effort we wouldn't think twice about eating Camel, squirrel or coyote.

madeSICC88

Master
    No work today thanks to the rain yesterday. Looks like a long day of drinking beer and playing video games. Maybe ill put my new grille together.

Viking1204

Master
    I sure don't feel like being at work but unless we get 20+ inches overnight like we did last year and they close down roads my work stays open. This weather has really zapped my motivation to get up in the morning and go to work lately. Is it Friday yet?

Seanpcola

Yessir Stag, mullet is my favorite. I'll choose it in a restaurant over anything else if it's available. When I was in High School and a few years afterward I lived at my mom's house on Perdido Beach. My buddies and I would run the net every day after school or work. I would have fresh fried Mullet for dinner, eat it cold for Breakfast and then come home and start over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom