• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking1204

Master
    Picked up more rain at my house yesterday, now it looks like I'll have to trim some trees and bushes today and mow the yard after work. Crazy how much faster stuff grows when it gets rained on versus just sprinkler water!

Seanpcola

I haven't mowed my yard in about 3 weeks. Just too dry. My garden needed constant watering also. Looks like I'll finally have to fire up the equipment by Friday.

Shane got my fence posts up last Saturday and I gave it a couple of days for the concrete to set. I wanted to start throwing up the sections after work a little each day, bet it rains just after 5:00 PM every day for the next month,:Cry:

madeSICC88

Master
    Had to buy a new set of lenses for a pair of sunglasses, Oakley wasn't willing to replace them under warranty so I ordered a set of polarized lenses to try. Got in my car this morning and the damn thing was like looking through a rainbow haha. Thought that it was because they were crappy lenses or something but from a little reading I guess certain tint will do that. Kind of annoying but I'll see if I can live with it.

Viking1204

Master
    I think like with everything service related you need to go by word of mouth to find somebody good. I can tell you the painters that did my house for the builder sucked but I didn't have a choice in who did the painting.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Is it just me, or are painters the scum of the earth?

In all my years, I knew one painter that was a good guy and he is long dead. The rest of them should be in jail.

Seanpcola

My step son has a painting company. His dad started it in the 70s. They hold a high standard and they get the good jobs. He will agree with you though, finding employees is an ongoing problem. He just finished the Maritime Museum downtown for the city, that's how good his crew is. They're also getting a lot of commercial work all the way to Defuniak Springs.

Problem is he's too busy to do my effing living room and shop!

Rapier

Marksman
    My wife's son flunked out of college chasing women, joined the Navy as enlisted Corpsman, got his degree while in(Navy Paid for), went to Officer candidate. Today he has a Masters in Hospital Admin(again pd for by the Navy), a Lt. Commander, soon hopefully a Commander. Now that make a family proud!

Despite what we think they do get squared away sometimes. Mine entered FSU with a 4.0 in two years was asked to hit the trail with a 1.6, paid for by me, including house. Went in the AF got out, got divorced, floundered around for 7 years working on head boats as a mate. Got interested in Pararescue, went back in the AF on a make it or you are out deal. The PJs voted to have officers. Decided to become an officer, graduated Emory Riddle in 2 years with a BS in airport managment (he paid) ,graduated OTS, got Masters in Economics (he paid). Will be on the next list for Lt Col. With 23 deployments and over 800 combat missions flown he is officially credited with over 850 lives saved. Yes they do sometimes get straight but it shure keeps you guessing at times.

I spent my time learning and teaching how to put people under the ground, he has spent the last 20 years saving lives. Odd how things turn out.
    Ed

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I need a painter too but you know the old saying Dont take checks from Preachers, Plumbers, or Painters

MarkS

Master
    One of my younger friends is a painter who started out working for his dad when he was 14 now he contracts for his own company and is one of the few painters I know who isn't an alcoholic.

shootnstarz

Master
    Well, it's been a week since the FHP was handed tag number and vehicle/driver description by two eye witnesses of the hit and run last Friday night and I still have not been contacted, as I was told I would be by the next day. When I call all I get is the standard response "We'll get back to you". But they do have time to cruise Pine Forest Rd all day long writing speeding tickets.

Yes, I am bitter and I'm sure they have a lot more important things to do than worry about a minor hit and run but this is going to cost me some serious money to get repaired. It never ceases to amaze me how the law enforcement business just blows off theft and property damage like it's no big deal but will line the block with cop cars and crime scene vans when a guy few streets over gets caught with a few scrawny pot plants.

And let me ask this. If they guy is stupid enough to come to the next race and I find the H&R vehicle in the parking lot what legal course of action would I have other than maybe snapping a pic of his tag and damage, if he hasn't already had it repaired?

Rick

MAXman

Master
    You have tag numbers, you have a description, you have witnesses.... Understand I can be sued for saying the wrong thing to the wron person, much less ram a (stab in the dark)30,000$ car and then illegally fleeing the scene, I'm positive you could have the joker served tonpay for damages.

People whine and cry about our "sue happy" society, but let's be honest: can't shoot the bastard, the highway patrol is to busy to do their job, so the only viable option for us poor common folk is to financially ruin the sob.

Seanpcola

Excellent in theory, probably unworkable in practice. Dollar to donuts the jackass that hit Rick car is uninsured. I know you have to be covered to get the tag but it's easy to get a fly by night policy, ran your sticker and then neglect to send in a payment.

You can rest assured this douchebag didn't smack the vette then drive home to his gated estate.

shootnstarz

Master
    From the girl's description I know who the guy is, he was sitting a few seats over from me and I remember when he and his wife left after the SLM race. I stayed for the local classes which was over an hour later.

The FHP pulled up the truck and the driver's pic, which was the guy I'm thinking about and the girls positively IDed him. They wouldn't let me see any info but I did manage to see the guy's picture.

The truck was fairly new. I remember parking next to it and leaving a large space so I didn't get door ding damage but I guess it wasn't large enough. The guy and his wife are older and don't appear to be dirtbagger types, looked like your standard well off retired couple.

I was told to call the trooper's supervisor Monday if I hadn't heard anything by then, otherwise they have no record of the accident on file as of today.

Rick

MAXman

Master
    Perhaps he didn't realize he hit your car?
    Or maybe he just figured it work out like the last three cars he nailed on his way out of a parking lot: never hear anything about it. Maybe he just made a mistake, maybe it's a habit.
    If it were me I'd probably be pissed but not invest to much time in it. But I I have less invested I cars than some people have in a three gun set up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom