• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • capt.joe

Master
    4 tug job this morning bringing in a dead USNS roro that had an engine room fire.

Attachments

• IMG_20240727_055438482.jpg
      IMG_20240727_055438482.jpg
      1.8 MB · Views: 32
    • IMG_20240727_055905863.jpg
      IMG_20240727_055905863.jpg
      2.5 MB · Views: 30
    • IMG_20240727_061400629_HDR.jpg
      IMG_20240727_061400629_HDR.jpg
      1.9 MB · Views: 28

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    I heard my mother asking the neighbors for salt. But we had salt at home. I asked her why she asked the neighbors for salt. And she replied, 'Because our neighbors don't have a lot of money, and they often ask us for something. From time to time, I also ask them for something small and inexpensive, so they feel that we need them too. This way, they will feel more comfortable and it will be easier to continue asking us for everything they need.'
    And that's what I learned from my mother... let's raise empathetic, humble, and supportive children with too many values to mention!
    Unknown author"
    May be a black-and-white image of 2 people, fire escape and the Arno River

Took the Bride out, she beat me for most $$ won. Cashed out $490View attachment 296731
    I believe that'll be my next getaway.We traveled over to GA.this weekend, ended up at our favorite Airbnb on the FL.side of the line.We'll be heading back home sometime this afternoon.The goal is to getaway from the city after shitty work weeks.

Typical morning by the pool,no kids or tourist.Just me,the music and a cup of coffee.Hard to get adjusted to being an hour ahead living with insomnia

Attachments

• IMG_20240728_071614886_HDR.jpg
      IMG_20240728_071614886_HDR.jpg
      3.4 MB · Views: 28

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Have you ever wondered how your father feels...?
    Believe it or not, your father carries a mountain of worries on his mind, and yet he moves forward each day, showing no signs of weakness.
    If your father tells you that he is fine, do not judge him or think that he wants to avoid reality. He carries a weight in his heart that he cannot express, because he has to be the strong pillar for the family, solving problems and worrying about everyone's well-being, while his own needs are forgotten.
    Dad gets tired too...
    He also feels alone...
    He also needs a hug...and you rarely ask him, How are you today, Dad?
    He is the protector, the provider, the silent advisor, the fixer of everything, the one who always has to have the answer...
    But the most important thing is and always will be your support...
    If you have problems, he will help you and tell you that everything will be okay. If money is tight, he will find a way to cover expenses, but he will never let you down.
    And even if you see him serious, thoughtful, he will always say that he has nothing, even though inside, he has everything...

Recondo 101

Expert
    Daughter came by to take a break, here at the farm, where it is quiet, finals start tomorrow and this coming week she will be flat out, daylight to dark. She is in admistration at Gulf Cost College in Panama City. They have fun every end of semesters with the last minute students that want to take multiple finals through the last day and last hour. Amazing that the students get weeks prior notice of signup times for testing and then just sit and wait past the allowed scheduling times. Computers are wonderful, sort of, but they do not have places in them to fudge time schedules.

MarkS

Master
    Took the wife to dinner and then to the movie Twisters at the VIP Star Lite Drive-In which is in Newton,Al. on Hwy 84. It’s a little bit of a drive but well worth it to us. Admission for the 2 of us was only $10.90

capt.joe

Master
    They switched from coal to natural gas a few years ago. I took several trips up there with a heavy lift crane barge and a deck barge loaded with the turbines and generators.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Your clothes came from Kmart and they stayed on layaway until school started. Eating out at a restaurant was a thing every now & then!! Fast food was leftovers at home. Eating popsicles was a treat on a hot day. We had fake cigs for candy and you only needed $1 or less. School was mandatory. You took your school clothes off as soon as you got home and put on your play clothes. If no one was home after school, you went to the neighbors. Nobody paid for daycare because we had a key to the house to get in when we got home.
    We ate dinner at the table. Our house phone wasn't always being used. We played Cops and Robbers, 1-2-3 Not It, Red Light Green Light, Hide & Seek, Truth or Dare, Tag, Kickball, Dodgeball & we rode bikes. Girls and Boys played in the street. We came home when the street lights came on.
    Staying in the house was a punishment and the only thing we knew about being "bored", "You better find something to do before I find it for you!" We ate what Mom made for dinner or we ate nothing at all. There was no bottled water; we drank from the tap or the water hose!
    Phone numbers and address’s were either memorized or written on a folded piece of paper which was kept with you at all times!
    What were Cell phones? We watched cartoons on Saturday mornings and rode our bikes for hours. We ran around in the streets until dark and came in before the street lights came on.
    We were AFRAID OF NOTHING.
    We watched our mouths around our Elders. If we acted up we got beat with a wooden paddle, switch or belt!
    These were the good old days.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Top Bottom