• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    OK, the mag release is on the left, I cannot figure out how to get to the right. The mag was staying in empty & loaded, working right but now the mag release will not catch and the mag drops out...

Idoono

Master
    Do you have the slide back when you are putting in the empty mag. Mine would not let you put the mag in with the slide closed.

Idoono

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    neither way works, damn it and it was going in w the slide closed

Snow Bird

Master
    Taurus is the main problem Frank. I tried them one more time and it is my last. Sell it or trade it.

MAXman

Master
    Ok,
    Step one: clear out handgun.
    Step two: take to TGD
    Step three: trade towards a real gun.

Ok no seriously,

MAXman

Master
    Ok seriously, if you have to ship it back to taurus. Lifetime warranty means lifetime warranty with them, gontonthier website, print a work order and then off to Miami. They may even swap the sideahe for you for free, I dunno. It's one thing I really like about Taurus.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I have many guns max, this is a real gun too, and can use the warranty but trying to get some assistance locally...Thanks

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    yeah since we are no longer allowed to openly speak I am trying just to stick to business...sorry

MAXman

Master
    Ok, if it were me,
    First i would google search"mag release switch pt145" on google, since this is apparently a feature and I'm sure someone has posted a thread or video about it.
    I would take the catch and spring out, and look at it. Make sure there's no bent coils or rounded corners.
    If all looked good I would put it together in the configuration you want, see if it works. If it doesn't, reassess situation. If the spring looks bad or the catch is fouled, see if you can't order the part or have to send it in.

Keep in mind, it's nearly identical to the 380/9/40 models, so if the google turns up dry on one, check the next model.

And I'll tell you what, if I get 10 minutes tonight I'll look the rough the manuals for the pt138 and pt111 at my house and see of there isn't instructions in there, a parts diagram, maybe even do a search just in case.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    yeah since we are no longer allowed to openly speak I am trying just to stick to business...sorry

You were free to speak as openly as you wanted, with the simple guidelines to be respectful towards fellow members.

Your snide remarks are disrespectful to both me, and the forum that I (and the mods) run.

Take a break, if you decide to come back after your ban expires, please do so with an understanding that I don't want to "censor" anyone. My goal is very simple, I want to maintain a forum that is centered around.... "Respectful dialog for firearms enthusiasts".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom