• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coomer

Expert

Yuma, Arizona, along with California’s Imperial Valley, produces more than 90 percent of the country’s winter leafy greens and much of its vegetables. Arizona is also a major grower of wheat, which the state exports to Italy for making pasta.

We grow wheat in Arizona’s desert and ship it to Italy to make pasta? The insanity of it all.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    never have figured out california stealing colorado water for years to grow in a desert,..
    florida has rain everyday, much richer soil, cheaper labor and plenty infrastructure

DAS HUGH!

Master
    California will make a homeowner tear up thier sodden yards and force them to plants cactuses tho lol

Coomer

Expert
    never have figured out california stealing colorado water for years to grow in a desert,..
    florida has rain everyday, much richer soil, cheaper labor and plenty infrastructure

The Saudis actually own large plots in the arizona desert to grow alfalfa hay to ship back to their countries to feed their livestock. They pay $25 per acre annually and pump out about 1.5 billion gallons of water per year out of the aquifers. I bet the Saudi farms are not gonna get water cuts because Brandon wants their oil.

Honestly they can keep their cheap labor on that side of the country. When they run out of resources, they will buy from Florida at higher prices because ain’t no cheap labor over here on this side. Our farmers and workers earn respectable wages here.

Tovarish

Expert
    The Hoover Dam and sister dams along the Colorado has allowed them to irrigate lands for years that otherwise suffered from seasonal floods or were too dry to grow crops. Now that looks to be coming to an end. Californians are crying for the government to pay to pump water from the Mississippi so they can maintain their artificial ecology.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    I saw an ad or something a few weeks back. It had a lady official of some sort with a dam. And she spoke of how the rules are so weird. She said they force them to spill out water needlessly at certain times. I wish I remember what all she said. But she basically implied they'd have plenty if they wasn't forced to do so, or at least have tons more than they did. If I see it again I'll link to it.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    When I think of all this Lake Mead pops in my head. It is withering away.
    I've been saying for years we can pump oil and gas in a pipeline we can send water too.

Baddog 0302

Master
    The latest I've herd is that the "prune pickers" are wanting dumb & dumbers to build desalination plants on the left coast to help with the water needs. What they aren't thinking about is , what power source they will use, and that the distilled water does not contain the minerals and other stuff to help grow plants, plus might not be good for all the little critters that all the tree hugger's get their panties in a wad over.

dirtingd

Marksman
    We will sell China some of our land let them dig to they find water to sell to us.....Operation Save the Vegetarians!!!!!

Tovarish

Expert
    The latest I've herd is that the "prune pickers" are wanting dumb & dumbers to build desalination plants on the left coast to help with the water needs. What they aren't thinking about is , what power source they will use, and that the distilled water does not contain the minerals and other stuff to help grow plants, plus might not be good for all the little critters that all the tree hugger's get their panties in a wad over.
    California would have to import the power since they won’t soil themselves with dirty dirty power plants to make their own. And Reverse Osmosis takes a bunch of power for the high pressure pumps. What they don’t say is what to do with the salt water concentrate you get when you squeeze the seawater through the filter membrane. With the size plants they need to make any difference in their water problem pumping the concentrated brine back in the sea would poison it.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    California would have to import the power since they won’t soil themselves with dirty dirty power plants to make their own. And Reverse Osmosis takes a bunch of power for the high pressure pumps. What they don’t say is what to do with the salt water concentrate you get when you squeeze the seawater through the filter membrane. With the size plants they need to make any difference in their water problem pumping the concentrated brine back in the sea would poison it.
    package the brine and sell it as california seasalt

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom