• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jettjon

Expert
    DeSantis spent $12 million to fly migrants from Texas to blue states. 12 million taxpayer dollars.

The federal government spent $751 billion on defense last year and we’re not in an active war (aside from proxy wars.)

The issue is not that there isn’t money to improve quality of life/infrastructure/etc. There’s plenty of money. There’s also billions in untapped tax dollars that corporations and the wealthy have loopholed out of. They just use it to line their pockets and play little political games to divert attention from where the cash is going.

The only time folks are going to make a change in this untenable way of life is when they realize that this is not a political war, it is a class war.
    You either have money or you do not, and the financial and political systems are designed to keep it that way. This is not 1960 or 1970 or even 2010. You cannot bootstrap your way out of this. This is late-stage capitalism at work. Everyone thinks it is going to right itself, but it’s already on the way out.

What’s the future? i don’t know, but it’s gotta be vastly different than this.
    Oof, when did this forum turn into Zerohedge? I'm having flashbacks to 2008. Only worse. Your comments are spot on. I recently realized that really at the root of this evil is pure and simple greed. It's not longer enough to make a quality product and establish a name for yourself and make a decent or even a very comfortable life for you and yours. Millionaires have become billionaires. We can't just make more money than anyone has any need for on the stock exchange - we have to have computerized transactions in nanoseconds. And then on top of that we have derivatives markets that exceed the sum of all money in global circulation - conservatively half a QUADRILLION dollars on the lowest end and probably closer to 1.5 quadrillion in reality. It's a house of cards built on a stack of toothpicks built on a matchbook skyscraper atop a spindly dry rotted pine tree in the middle of a raging forest fire.

And I consider myself an eternal optimist.

IronBeard

Master
    Oof, when did this forum turn into Zerohedge? I'm having flashbacks to 2008. Only worse. Your comments are spot on. I recently realized that really at the root of this evil is pure and simple greed. It's not longer enough to make a quality product and establish a name for yourself and make a decent or even a very comfortable life for you and yours. Millionaires have become billionaires. We can't just make more money than anyone has any need for on the stock exchange - we have to have computerized transactions in nanoseconds. And then on top of that we have derivatives markets that exceed the sum of all money in global circulation - conservatively half a QUADRILLION dollars on the lowest end and probably closer to 1.5 quadrillion in reality. It's a house of cards built on a stack of toothpicks built on a matchbook skyscraper atop a spindly dry rotted pine tree in the middle of a raging forest fire.

Yeah, but we trust our "leaders." Then hope and pray 'cause we really don't.

m4a1sof

Expert
    weimer.JPG

tros6t

Marksman
    Joe got this! He's working on this as we speak (read). Have some faith! This is gonna all work out! Is it gonna be pretty? Nope! Is it gonna be painful? Probably! Can we change it? Nope! Sooooo

justapilgrim

Marksman

Well said sir, well said.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Joe got this! He's working on this as we speak (read). Have some faith! This is gonna all work out! Is it gonna be pretty? Nope! Is it gonna be painful? Probably! Can we change it? Nope! Sooooo
    as long as we don't misgender anyone, it will be ok.... priorities you know...

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    it got so bad in that time, a cup of coffee price went up before you could drink it... the bottle of wine you drank, was worth more than the wine... they burned bundles of german marks because it was cheaper than buying wood

thanks to joe, we are on that same path

Top Bottom