Thinking of selling my collection, need advice.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    True but then the now gunless Seller is in the same boat with all the other "election driven buyers" on top of the current and continuing demand and market pricing.
    Good time to sell and terrible time to buy. If trump loses, there not be even a single round of 12 ga birdshot to be found.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    creepy shotgun joe already said he would be putting beto "hell yeah we are gonna take your AR and AK" orourke in charge of taking guns..

and if his vp pick is harris, there will not be a slingshot available for sale

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    You do not have a collection, you have a few firearms.

Do not sell anything - unless you do not ever think you will shoot it.

If you must -I will buy everything for a flat price (low) but you will be done with it.

Catchin Hell

Shooter
    If you want to sell in bulk, check with a few local Estate Sales companies. They should all have someone they call. I can provide you with a GA bulk buyer, but he averages $.50 on the dollar in bulk.

FLT

Master
    No point in calling him ,at that rate I’ll buy them. I’ve bought complete collections in the past, but they have usually been from widows. In every case I offered more than the professional liquidators .

SAWMAN

Master
    Yeah,right,makes perfect sense. Lets all wait until it is the perfect time to sell or buy. I'm talkin' the PERFECT !!.
    I'm counting on all you smart guys that have become multi-millionairs by knowing exactly when to buy and sell stocks and bonds. Thanks ---- SAWMAN

FLT

Master
    LOL ,I don’t think I’ve every made a dime in the stock market, but I have made a small fortune buying and selling real estate. Although I’ll freely admit that that wasn’t the plan. It seems that every time I buy a piece of land either the state of Florida or a real estate developer thinks they can’t live with out my farm land .

Murfpcola

Master
    I remember when I first started collecting.:)

The market may get better but I think now is pretty good. I think piecing it out will bring more. As stated anyone buying the whole lot is not going to pay full value for each item.

Frankie251

Shooter
    I've been cleaning out my garage and selling some stuff lately that's been laying around for a while, and I also sold a gun a few weeks ago. The pros and cons, as I see it are:

Pros -- selling individually will bring in a little more money. For instance, I sold two kayaks and two paddles separately and probably made a little ($40) more than I would have just throwing the paddles in with the kayaks. Selling individually may make for a quicker sale.

Cons -- no matter how clear the pictures are that you post showing any defects, and no matter how precise you write the description, including any defects, you will get the same questions that will have to be answered over and over again (Them -- "anything wrong with it?" Me -- "did you read the description and look at the pictures?" Them -- "yes." Me -- "did you miss the part about it having a hole in it?" Them -- "oh yeah, missed that. I'm not interested." Me -- "OK, thanks for looking"). On top of that, you will get tons of low ballers -- people making ridiculously low offers. Everyone expects to get a little off, so I priced things accordingly, and was willing, if need be, to come down a bit, and learned to just ignore the low ball offers. But the point is, you have to wade through all that every time you sell something or you can wade though it once. It's up to you. Is a little more money worth it to you? It takes a lot more time to sell something online that I ever imagined -- not to mention the people who agree to buy it and never show up. It was tough telling people that I could not hold it for them. I finally started putting these these lines on the top of every post I made on Marketplace:

IF IT DOES NOT SAY "SOLD," IT IS AVAILABLE. PLEASE DON'T ASK IF IT IS AVAILABLE.
    PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE DESCRIPTION AND LOOK CLOSELY AT THE PICTURES.
    ANY KNOWN DEFECTS ARE LISTED. PLEASE DON'T ASK IF ANYTHING IS WRONG WITH IT.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Yeah,right,makes perfect sense. Lets all wait until it is the perfect time to sell or buy. I'm talkin' the PERFECT !!.
    I'm counting on all you smart guys that have become multi-millionairs by knowing exactly when to buy and sell stocks and bonds. Thanks ---- SAWMAN

How about all the guys who bought HiCaps during the AWB and held on to them until it sunsetted ;)
    Cab Drivers used to get bookoo weapons from crackheads back in the day...
    They didn't want to get those extra 15 year prison sentences, so they'd sell
    off the hicaps for pennies on the dollar :D

Then after the ban died, there were a LOT of Tec9's back on the market :D

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom