• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ABlaster

Marksman
    I heard once that before they detonated the first atomic bomb they weren't sure that the chain reaction would stop. I can only imagine if that is true that part of the justification was "well, if we don't try it, someone else will so it may as well be us that destroys the known universe."

Folks chasing a discovery can be kind of scary. Think of all the stuff that has gone wrong or all the near misses because someone had to see if they could do it (and be first).

sloporsche

Master
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    Seems like a sify movie in the making. Waiting for these idiots to set the air on fire.

Please not another of those syfy movies , i watched a few of them lol they were bad ....black hole monster , magnetic monster . CERN has not melted the earth for decades , most of the time they fry the wiring and the test stops or a crane drops the load during maintenance

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Please not another of those syfy movies , i watched a few of them lol they were bad ....black hole monster , magnetic monster . CERN has not melted the earth for decades , most of the time they fry the wiring and the test stops or a crane drops the load during maintenance
    The lizard people keep sabotaging it. I think most of this stuff luckly is a man made black hole to suck up money.

IronBeard

Master
    Personally, I am not afraid of unbiased science; fact-finding and experimentation. To borrow from the movie the martian, we need to science the shit out if some things.

The problem arises, IMO, when/where money/governments start dictating/desiring outcomes of otherwise "scientific" endeavors. Science is what it is, and not necessarily what you want.

Seems to me that if we assigned a good senior NCO to these projects, things might wotk out more open and truthful.

ABlaster

Marksman
    The problem arises, IMO, when/where money/governments start dictating/desiring outcomes of otherwise "scientific" endeavors. Science is what it is, and not necessarily what you want.
    I really think that happens a lot more than most people are willing to admit.

Beached

Expert
    Iam more worried about a man who does not know who he is from day to day in control of our Nuclear football. The scary part who really is? Who is really running the show? He dam sure is not. If a situation was to arise who is deciding our response.

IronBeard

Master
    I really think that happens a lot more than most people are willing to admit.
    Money talks. IMO, to the extent it dictates. Plus, people providing/spending money tend to expect what they think they are paying for; a purchase.

Also the primary reason I maintain that "money" needs to be forcibly detached from government, and forever banned from it.

Good luck to all of us on that, 'cause we'll either have to get "money" to agree to our terms, or beat 'em into surrender.

.22 cents

Master
    Personally, I am not afraid of unbiased science; fact-finding and experimentation. To borrow from the movie the martian, we need to science the shit out if some things.

Seems to me that if we assigned a good senior NCO to these projects, things might wotk out more open and truthful.
    Fun tidbit: the word “scientific” is not a word, it is a sentence. A sentence in Latin. Try typing sci enti fic into a Latin translator. It’s just a little of how brainwashed this world is. Cheers!

Attachments

• 8643E491-ABA6-4126-B604-F89BAB8F3D0C.png
      8643E491-ABA6-4126-B604-F89BAB8F3D0C.png
      138.1 KB · Views: 19

IronBeard

Master
    Fun tidbit: the word “scientific” is not a word, it is a sentence. A sentence in Latin. Try typing sci enti fic into a Latin translator. It’s just a little of how brainwashed this world is. Cheers!
    Yeah. I heard about this book a time or two that was written in Latin, by those that spoke Latin, and eventually translated so that all could read and understand. Prob'ly nothing to it.

.22 cents

Master
    Yeah. I heard about this book a time or two that was written in Latin, by those that spoke Latin, and eventually translated so that all could read and understand. Prob'ly nothing to it.
    If they repeat a lie often enough it becomes an accepted truth. Question everything…

IronBeard

Master
    How much more ironic when the writers caution the reads about a great deception...

Top Bottom