• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 850guns

Master
    For nearly 2 decades, my "truck gun" was a Sub-9/40 (S2K) and a support pistol in the same caliber (9 or .40) But a friend showed me his stubby AK that was his truck gun.

What is your truck gun choice?

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Ruger mini-14. Was debating doing an under folder stock for it but I'm kinda old school and like stocks.

850guns

Master
    So I was thinking the jakl in 300blk.
    Or something in 5.7.
    I have a shorty Galil ACE SAR 5.56. And a M+M pistol in 7.62x39. But they are mega heavy. Any light/heavy truck guns out there?

Chief_Eddie

Expert
    Considering the border is wide open, I'm thinking larger calibers.
    I am thinking the same, I have a .380 with self defense loads that I have for a trk gun and carry in my pocket depending where I am at. But you are correct, in fact just mentioned to the wife, I was going to start putting my FN 45 ACP as mytruck gun, comes down to it, it will go right thru the truck door if need be.. I have several to choose from..

Shadowtech

Expert
    Hickory stick axe handle is what I have in the truck and whatever I happen to carry on me
    But I agree you shouldn’t leave a gun in the truck. Used to be everyone had a gun rack in their truck but even back then I was hesitant to leave it unattended there.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Hickory stick axe handle is what I have in the truck and whatever I happen to carry on me
    But I agree you shouldn’t leave a gun in the truck. Used to be everyone had a gun rack in their truck but even back then I was hesitant to leave it unattended there.
    Best advice I got was if you keep a bat in your car, keep a ball and glove in there too.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    I too am not too keen on leaving a firearm in a vehicle, and anyway I carry always everyday without fail. However many years ago before I got my CWL I'd leave a Bersa 380CC in the glove box. Maybe not an optimum choice for SD but figure it was a gun I could afford to lose.

Jevaughn

Master
    Mossberg Maverick loaded alternating slug and 00 buck was my go-to for a very long time when I had my single-cab pickup. Velcro straps kept it secured to the back of the seat. These days, it's just whatever is on my hip at the time. The maverick is a great gun for a boat or truck, because if it gets beat to hell or rusted, you really aren't out much and for the price, it's a good all-around shotty.

Top Bottom