• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

I'm actually really surprised that there are not more Cruz fans around here. Kind of disappointing. If the Rs nominate Cruz, he will defeat Hillary.

I would like to agree with you, and do......in theory. The problem is that Republicans, and most fence sitters, are sick and tired of Republican politicians. At least with a Democrat they tell you what they are and go on to prove it, Republican politicians blow smoke then end up being Democrat lite. I frankly don't trust any of them, and that includes Cruz, which pains me to say.

I love Trump as a person. He's not obnoxious to me, he says what I'm thinking and I'll say it in public too, he just has a worldwide stage. Only concern I have is whether he's telling the truth. I have no reason to doubt him, just hope he's not just saying what people want to hear.

Some people say he acts crazy, I have zero problem with that. We need "push the envelope" crazy, crazy like a fox. We cannot continue down the path we're going. I want someone that pisses off the politically correct and forces reality down the throat of the 50%+ of the voting public that's clueless and low information. The public needs a wake up call.

On a personal note, I want Hillary nominated for the Democrat candidate, I really do. I want her to go all the way to election. I want her to spend tons of money, I want her minions full of hope and completely believing she's the savior of their hopes and dreams, I want her to ride the tide of popularity, farting through silk and smug in her convictions that shes the anointed heir apparent and her God given right to the presidency, then get smashed by Trump, obliterated with no possible way to excuse or spin the obvious fact that the majority thinks she sucks, despises her, knows her bullshit, aware that she lies every time she opens her mouth. I want to see her act like a 4 year old girl that gets punched on the playground, bullied and them laughed at by all the other kids. I want to see her melt down, implode and have a breakdown of epic proportions. To go even further, I don't want her see fade out of the limelight right away after stunning defeat. I want her to continually show up in public, give speeches and defend why she got her big, fat nasty ass handed to her on a dirty plate. My utter contempt for that she beast didn't start with Benghazi, it goes back to the mid 90's when I first became aware of her.

flyandscuba

Master
    My concern is that he is such a threat to both the Democratic AND Republican establishment - that they will have him "suffer an accident" or out-right kill him, than to let him take the office of president...

JBryan314

Master
    all of you say is doable, but takes cajones to get it rolling.

I like cruz also, he has the highest constitutional rating....

trump cruz ticket?

The highest Constitutional rating is what turns me to Cruz. And no, I don't really think for one second that Trump is capable of doing everything he has stated. Some of it, probably. But not all of it, and he should know better that he can't do some of it.

JBryan314

Master
    We need someone like Reagan right now. A calm presence, but steadfast and unwavering. Cruz fits that. Trump acts like a clown and I wish that he'd reign himself in. He's daring everyone to hate him, and while they don't right now, eventually he will succeed.

Mozella

Expert
    I don't like him either, but will vote for him...

Yes, he's bombastic and has a HUGE ego. However, of all the candidates (of both flavors) Trump is the one I would prefer to have to my house for dinner. I suspect, in spite of the fact that he's filthy rich, he is the only one of those running for president who would have fun, act like a real human being, and I imagine he would offer a sincere complement of some kind.

Of course, this is pure speculation and none of us on this forum will ever get to know any of the candidates personally. We have to settle for getting to know them from watching TV. Even though Trump's lifestyle is the most different from the ones many of us live, he seems to be the one who is most like us. I don't understand why.

The most outrageous candidate is the one I like best as a person. He's also the wealthiest but seems to be the one most like us ordinary folks. This truly is a different election cycle.

JBryan314

Master
    I don't really care much about how a person would be at dinner or if they can have fun. I want them to have a proper understanding of the Constitution and how to follow it. I would prefer that they would have heard of the Federalist Papers and the Anti-Federalist Papers at some point in their life. A true Statesman, a pure Constitutionalist, is what we need. On Conservative Review, a webpage that I think does a great job of rating and tracking politicians on the Constitutionality of what they do and say, gives Cruz the second highest rating of any politician 97% (highest is Mike Lee of Utah, I believe, with 100%). Trump is not given a percentage because he has never voted in Congress, but he is rated "poor" on healthcare, entitlements, free market and civil liberties. He's got a moderate rating on taxes, debt and spending and the 2nd Amendment. He's rated highly on energy, immigration, environment and education.

Trump is a major mixed bag on the issues, and I'm afraid a mixed bag isn't what we need. We need a true Constitutional Conservative. Having a total non-politician in office would be a nice thing for a change, but a person is not right for the job of POTUS simply by virtue of being a non-politician.

flyandscuba

Master
    People said similar things about Churchill as they are saying about Trump. However, Churchill was exactly what England needed after Chamberlain. Trump might exactly be what we need - after Obama.

Signal25

Master
    I support Trump.
    But I dont care if the Republicans nominate a pineapple, Im voting R all the way down the ballot.
    Here is hoping for Change...

rtprthd

Master
    So apparently I'm the only one that is bothered by the fact that up until a few years ago Trump and Hildabeast were BFF. As always I'll vote for the Republican just cuz its not a democrat. But I still don't trust a f***ing word that Trump says. I still think he's just another salesman pushing a product, and he will say anything that he thinks the buyer wants to hear.

If Obama and the Democrats had been more successful and more popular, he'd still be a Democrat. But he saw the current climate was leaning in the Republicans favor, so he decides to switch sides.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mozella

Expert
    I don't really care much about how a person would be at dinner or if they can have fun. I want them to have a proper understanding of the Constitution and how to follow it. I would prefer that they would have heard of the Federalist Papers and the Anti-Federalist Papers at some point in their life. A true Statesman, a pure Constitutionalist, is what we need. ........ snip.........

People like you describe are a dime a dozen, even though few of them are actively running for office. Problem is, none of them can get elected, and that includes Cruz.

No matter how conservative most of us are, we really can't hope to have a "true" conservative elected. Nobody who, for example, promises to make abortion against the law or who promises to immediately stop government assistance, can get elected. That may be a real disappointment to millions of conservatives, but them's the facts.

What the country needs is a real leader and someone who's not afraid to stand up to either foreign leaders or the bullies in our own congress. Cruz may fit that bill, but he is unable to ignite the kind of excitement the independents and border-line Democrats need in order to convince them to vote Republican this time. Regan could do that, but not Cruz who would probably make a good president, but he's not exciting enough for the American public and he's created too many enemies in the political arena. Plus his record puts him to the right of Berry Goldwater, another conservative who was not electable. We don't need a RINO like McCain, but you have to have someone who isn't perceived by the non-Republicans of this country as a maniac.

People admire Trump but Cruz is just plain creepy. He's certainly not the guy you would let baby-sit. Like it or not, that's important to a LOT of people. Cruz's appeal is simply too narrow.

Constitutional conservationism won't save this country, but leadership will even Trumps position or his past positions aren't perfect.

dogamus rex

Master
    I'm with you Frank, we can't have another Dem for 4 more years! I don't understand how Dems think this country can survive with just more and more social programs. The repubs aren't much better at least we are on the right track.JMO.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    I support Trump.
    But I dont care if the Republicans nominate a pineapple, Im voting R all the way down the ballot.
    Here is hoping for Change...

pineapple lives matter.....

shadeogray

Master
    I am married to a pineapple.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    I would like to agree with you, and do......in theory. The problem is that Republicans, and most fence sitters, are sick and tired of Republican politicians. At least with a Democrat they tell you what they are and go on to prove it, Republican politicians blow smoke then end up being Democrat lite. I frankly don't trust any of them, and that includes Cruz, which pains me to say.

I love Trump as a person. He's not obnoxious to me, he says what I'm thinking and I'll say it in public too, he just has a worldwide stage. Only concern I have is whether he's telling the truth. I have no reason to doubt him, just hope he's not just saying what people want to hear.

Some people say he acts crazy, I have zero problem with that. We need "push the envelope" crazy, crazy like a fox. We cannot continue down the path we're going. I want someone that pisses off the politically correct and forces reality down the throat of the 50%+ of the voting public that's clueless and low information. The public needs a wake up call.

On a personal note, I want Hillary nominated for the Democrat candidate, I really do. I want her to go all the way to election. I want her to spend tons of money, I want her minions full of hope and completely believing she's the savior of their hopes and dreams, I want her to ride the tide of popularity, farting through silk and smug in her convictions that shes the anointed heir apparent and her God given right to the presidency, then get smashed by Trump, obliterated with no possible way to excuse or spin the obvious fact that the majority thinks she sucks, despises her, knows her bullshit, aware that she lies every time she opens her mouth. I want to see her act like a 4 year old girl that gets punched on the playground, bullied and them laughed at by all the other kids. I want to see her melt down, implode and have a breakdown of epic proportions. To go even further, I don't want her see fade out of the limelight right away after stunning defeat. I want her to continually show up in public, give speeches and defend why she got her big, fat nasty ass handed to her on a dirty plate. My utter contempt for that she beast didn't start with Benghazi, it goes back to the mid 90's when I first became aware of her.

You seem to be sitting on the fence. How do you really feel?

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    You seem to be sitting on the fence. How do you really feel?

he really needs to get in touch with his feelings huh?

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    he really needs to get in touch with his feelings huh?

His response appeared to be lacking any emotional content, didn't relate his deep personal feelings, and a little wishy washy, if you will.
    However, It was a good read and I appreciated every single point he made.

SAWMAN

Master
    And ---> I'll tell ya why. We had a GCFG meeting today at Hooter's in Crest-Tucky to vote weather the mods will get a a COLA this year. It was voted down. NOW Sean is pissed off. Stay away from him. He has already tried to ban his hunting buddy. --- SAWMAN

Seanpcola

And ---> I'll tell ya why. We had a GCFG meeting today at Hooter's in Crest-Tucky to vote weather the mods will get a a COLA this year. It was voted down. NOW Sean is pissed off. Stay away from him. He has already tried to ban his hunting buddy. --- SAWMAN

That's OK Saw, I'll offset the lack of a raise with kickbacks I get as a mod for getting first crack at all the sales ads before they become public.

Top Bottom