• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tonyd

Shooter
    any one hunted here in perry fl before? thinking of trying there free range hunt next month and looking for any reviews thanks

Just Dave

Marksman
    I took my son there a year and a half ago. He got his first hog. Not a bad deal for first time hunters or those with limited mobility. It is a fenced operation so success is about guaranteed. They charge by the pound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I think just for the experience first time and like Dave says for the kids, women or handicapped, why not. I would call and talk to Dave or another who has been there before booking or going, just so you know the real deal and possible charges...also use them for a referral so they KNow YOU know the deal.

Hazy1

Shooter
    I took my sons there back in August and we rented the bunkhouse for the night. Very friendly staff, bunkhouse was pretty primitive, but very clean & more than adequate. My boys had a very good time and I would not hesitate to take them back for a free range hunt. We did the fenced hunt since it was their 1st time (my boys called it Hunting at the Zoo). There were no surprise charges and I thought that their fees were extremely fair for the experience that they delivered.

TraderDan

Master
    Sounds just like fishing in a catfish pond, nothing wrong with it, if handled correctlly. You go harvest some game for the freezer, and get a hunting experiance at entry level to get the fell of it.Sounds right up my alley, I don't have time to hunt so joining a club or such is out of the question. If I decide I want to go hunting, I am not a pro, set with the where or when knowledge, so simply going there would almost guaranty meat in your freezer and the smell of a hunting trip.

Just Dave

Marksman
    The other good thing is if you do harvest an animal, they will pick it up, skin and gut it for as part of their fee. All you need to bring is a gun, cooler and hearing protection. The guy who runs it is retired LEO and he's real safety conscious.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Not sure what all that costs Dave but if you really don't want the hassle, buy a hog available on Craisglist, take to a butcher and get it cut and wrapped...LOL

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    That is what "She said!"

Snow Bird

Master
    That hunt for a fenced in hog sounds like a good deal to me for someone who is new and dosen't have the time or money to try and find a place to hunt or for a lease. People pay LARGE sums of money to go to Texas and hunt those strange deer from far,far,away. They are fenced in and guided hunts. They take you out and say shoot that one. Oh now please pay me 5ooo dollars.

Just Dave

Marksman
    2Guys won't tell you which one to shoot. That judgement call is left up to the customer and how much they want to spend based on the weight. The owner told me that he had a customer that had a hankering for suckling piglet, wanted a couple, but brought a 270. He didn't have a problem with that and even offered him even offered the use of his 22 mag so the guy wouldn't vaporize the piglets. They do run a good outfit.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    There is a place up the rd from Krestview I thought, much closer than Perry that does the same thing.

Snow Bird

Master
    Just Dave,If that was in response to what I said that was in reguard to hunting ranches for exotic (That sounds dirty )animals. Some tell you which one to shoot.

Snow Bird

Master
    I was being light. To bad the typed word can't tell the way things are spoken.

Snow Bird

Master
    Am I the one who pissed him off. I am from the north and everyone knows what we are like.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Dave, it is OK he is just unaware we are friends and his typing is not the same as us in the South.

Dave, you posted about your experience another time and somewhere in that thread I thought there was talk of the operation closer...I am old and could be confused...LOL

tonyd

Shooter
    damn did not mean to start a war here. just looking for feedback on what my be my last hunt..

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom