• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Milesvdustin

Expert
    I have four USMC flight suits. Three desert tan color size 42 long. Have tags attached. One 42 regular size, has been worn a bit, it is green. Also have three pairs of green coveralls, 44 regular size. The desert flight suits are the Cwu-27/p nomex suits. The green is a Cwu-27/r nomex. 40 each on the flight suits and 20 on the coveralls. I have a pair I use for yard and vehicle work.

These don't have insignia or patches on them, but I did wear some of em in Iraq!!

Last edited:

Milesvdustin

Expert
    Semper fi wildrider! I've got six months until terminal. Trying to unload some stuff that might be interesting to people out here. These suits are over 200 bucks new from most suppliers.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Cool stuff, you retiring here??

Milesvdustin

Expert
    Nope I have a good opportunity up in Maryland that I can't pass up. I've only got 9 years in, not quite retirement time yet! Most of the aviation jobs down here don't pay very much at all.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Well best of luck to you!!

fiftycal

Expert
    This is a little off topic so please forgive me - but I enjoy your footer "Vietnam Vet...Vets Helping Vets
    6.8 SPCII Delton Upper, ARP 16" Scout barrel, MCD MD, Spikes Lower RRA match trigger, MI Gen 2 SS OD 12" hand guard, Magpul OD CTR Butt stock, Ergo OD grip, Redfield 3-9x40

The more things change...I noticed the 6.8MM SPCII...Back in the 30's , when the M1 Garand was being adopted, it was proposed to originally chamber it in .276 Pedersen, (which is approximately 7MM, or close to 6.8MM). The lower power of the round, compared with the eventual winner (the 30-06) made the recoil of the rifle much more manageable and allowed for 10 rounds to be held in the clip (vice the 8 for 30-06). Everything went along smoothly until the proposal got to the Chief of Staff of the US Army, which at the time was General Douglas McArthur. He voiced several concerns about adopting the .276 cartridge, mainly (1) he felt it lacked stopping power and (2) adopting a new cartridge would mean another caliber to keep up with in the field. At that time the US Army was using the M1919 30 caliber machine gun, and the BAR (Browning Automatic rifle) - both of which were chambered in 30-06. His arguments carried the day - and the Garand was adopted to use to the 30-06 cartridge. It is amazing to me - the US Army had the M1 Garand, the adopted the M1A1/M14, which used the .308 (same bullet as the 30-06, just better powder and a smaller case). The M14 is a beast to control on full automatic. So then the US Military adopted the M16 - (5.56mm) which initially was a fiasco until we got the powder, the lack of cleaning rods, and several other major issues cleaned up. But because the Army tinkered with the M16/AR-15 design so much, and because the military wants the little tracer round for the Ar-15 to trace, military Ar-15's have a 1 in 7 twist rate. This is marginal for the 62 grain projectile, and it really to much twist for the 55 grain projectile. There have been a lot of reports of the lack of lethality of the 5.56 when fired out of a 14.5" barrel - so much so that the US Military has been dusting off the M14's and bringing them back for limited use in special purpose situations. The military is looking for a way to increase the lethality of the M16 platform, without making major changes. So they sent out bids to several companies, and the 6.8MM SPC was born - more lethality than the 5.56 - but is doesn't over power the M16 system - so you can keep the same basic receiver, etc. So after 70+ years of milling about in a confused manner, we wind up adopting the 6.8MM, which is equivalent to the .276 Pedersen - wouldn't it have been easier just to start with that?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Fiftycal, The Modern or current incarnation, as you know the history better than I, 6.8X43 was developed as an improved CQB cartridge by the 5th Group Special Forces, it is now very popular with hog hunters because of the devastating performance combined with the AR15 platform.
    It has apx 80% of the performance of the 308 in a much lighter platform. The Marine General wanted it but the Army won so it did not replace the 556. Now it is being used in at least 6 Arab countries for their protection units and special forces. LWRC has the contract (larger custom lower, larger magwell w Pmag making mags for it) and Federal is making the ammo. With 60 Commercial loads at this time from 75-140 grains it is the second largest chambering for the AR platform.

Sorry for the Hijack Miles, maybe we need to go to My new 6.8 topic fiftycal... http://gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?1742-My-new-6-8

Milesvdustin

Expert
    HAHA its all good guys, I am guilty here and on other forums of derailing threads. If anyone wants these they'll let me know. Ill be taking them to the surplus store in a few weeks if they dont sell here.

Top Bottom