• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    The last one asked for the weapon(state trooper), I gave it to him told him there was one in the chamber, he went back and did whatever at his car. When he came back he gave me the warning, the weapon and the mag out of the gun and ask I not reload it till he was back in his car...I followed his request. All was done politely and with a smile, glad I did not get the ticket.

The last one asked for the weapon(state trooper), I gave it to him told him there was one in the chamber, he went back and did whatever at his car. When he came back he gave me the warning, the weapon and the mag out of the gun and ask I not reload it till he was back in his car...I followed his request. All was done politely and with a smile, glad I did not get the ticket.

Did he leave the one in the chamber?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    No he did not and told be he had removed it

wildrider666

Master
    Cop just didn't want to be in the area if you had a ND while reloading! Lol. The whole cop unloading your firearm doesn't make sense to me. The cop is GIVING IT BACK TO YOU, so they know there are no problems. May be the result of looking for illegal home brew bullets or a full auto conversion, though the cop had no probable cause for such a search. Same as searching the contents of your cell phone. Just another "Officer Safety" abuse which simply allows them to do what ever they want. I love Cops, just hate abuse under color of authority.

All said, but after someone else handles your weapon it is always better to reload every cartridge. Then again you do have his prints on everything! Lol

SAWMAN

Master
    He asked you to present your weapon and hand it to him. Did you point it at him,at yourself,passers by,other ??
    He took the rd out of the chamber and mag out of mag well ??
    He handed you the weapon and mag back,separately ??
    What happened to the rd that was in the chamber ??
    Soooooo . . . . then he went back and got in his car. After he did,did you stand there on the side of the road and rechamber a rd,then insert the mag. Or did you put the previously chambered rd in the mag and release the slide,sling shot it,or over hand it ??
    Don't know if any of this is wrong. It just does not make any sense to me. ESPECIALLY from a safety point of view. BOTH his . . . .and yours.
    Hope this never happens to me. I stand by my post #2. ---SAWMAN

Dead Eye Luke

Shooter
    There is a lot of misinformation regarding weapons and firearms in the State of Fl. This comes from the lack of training of legally armed citizens and those entrusted to enforce those laws. There is also the issue of attitude. Some officers don't feel that any citizen should be allowed to be legally armed which in turn causes some people to mistrust law enforcement. This was a well written article and brought up some very valid points for discussion. I can only hope it doesn't stop there.

Top Bottom