• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gejshooter

Shooter
    They are made in the same factory side by side with the Howa rifles. If they are wanting a premium because it says Weatherby pass and buy a Howa for 1/3rd the price.
    Actually, it is an excellent deal. Do you know anything specifically about the Vanguard? And the caliber is 7 mm magnum. Any thoughts on that? Thanks very much.

Boogan1

Master
    I replied in your other thread about 7 mag for whitetail hunting. The Weatherby vanguard rifles are very nice rifles, lots of custom features like hinged floor plate, adjustable trigger, very nice fit and finish. Never heard any complaints about them.

gejshooter

Shooter
    I replied in your other thread about 7 mag for whitetail hunting. The Weatherby vanguard rifles are very nice rifles, lots of custom features like hinged floor plate, adjustable trigger, very nice fit and finish. Never heard any complaints about them.
    Thank you for your replies.

Ric-san

Master

IronBeard

Master
    The only thing I think I know about Weatherbys is that the older ones seem to be more sought after than the new. Like most firearms, if you research, you'll likely find a point in time where things started getting worse vs better.

Raven

Master
    The second generation of Vanguards were guaranteed to shoot one minute of angle right out the box. I had a first generation in 7mm and that's one reason why I traded it. Other reasons included that I much rather prefer a Mauser claw extractor with controlled round feeding in a caliber that doesn't cost $4 a bullet... and also that my little Bubba came with me to the gun show that day and he saw a stainless 22 magnum he liked and I traded it even

Last edited:

Raven

Master

Here's you a 7mm(ish) 243 caliber rifle with a Mauser claw extractor and controlled round feeding, for sale right here on the forum coincidentally, with 200 rounds included ammo and in stainless steel too. The Ruger M77 is far better quality than a Vanguard. Granted, it's not a magnum, but you don't really need a magnum unless you're hunting in freaking Alaska or Africa

Screenshot_20240216-064825.png

Screenshot_20240216-064500.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom