• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    As has been said previously, I welcome some new blood. Someone has got to pick up the "torch" when us geezers no longer can. I'm now of the age I used to think was populated with guys who were full of ___, so you can't hurt my feelings. Just be aware, some of us have some miles on us and will be blatantly honest. With me, that's not to hurt your feelings, that's to keep you healthy/alive. You'll be here when I'm not. So, welcome t' the war kid, don't get yerself killed.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Actually the name has been changed so as not to offend anyone, imagine that !
    did monkeys complain??

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Wow glad you got that back. That rarely happens. I've had two guns stolen from me in Escambia County. I found the guy but never found the guns
    you mean fatwood slivers driven under the fingernails and lit on fire doesn't work anymore to extract info from thieves/?

ccity06

Shooter
    I am a 68 year old newcomer who has developed a passion for firearms later in life. My first purchase was from a policeman when he was replacing his Glock 22. This was about 12 years ago and have had to purchase a safe to hold them all now. Some my bride knows about some, and some have made it to the safe without her noticing. Have several milsurps but purchase new also. Have bought several off Gunbroker but it’s been a few years since my last purchase through them.

My main reason is just to see what others are up to, what they’re building, buying or have for sale. Living in lower Alabama I have access to some really nice used stuff.

ABlaster

Marksman
    I am a 68 year old newcomer who has developed a passion for firearms later in life. My first purchase was from a policeman when he was replacing his Glock 22. This was about 12 years ago and have had to purchase a safe to hold them all now. Some my bride knows about some, and some have made it to the safe without her noticing. Have several milsurps but purchase new also. Have bought several off Gunbroker but it’s been a few years since my last purchase through them.

My main reason is just to see what others are up to, what they’re building, buying or have for sale. Living in lower Alabama I have access to some really nice used stuff.

It says you joined almost two years ago! That's a long time to lurk! Congrats on coming out into the fray.

ccity06

Shooter
    It says you joined almost two years ago! That's a long time to lurk! Congrats on coming out into the fray.
    I never think to go to the site until I receive an email. Enjoy the posts and seeing what’s up for sale

MarkS

Master
    Just read through the comments which some of them were could for a laugh and some actually made sense not many lol but some. I’m glad to see the young people joining as well as those like me who have lived in 8 different decades or more

Carl

Master
    Interesting fact, not a single person I’ve met in real life was any thing like their internet persona. Most are much nicer in person.
    Absolute truth right there. I think a lot of it is just f’ing around milking the lolcow and venting. It’s 100% pointless and mostly boredom (personally). It reminds me of a locker room or job site without people getting punched in the nose, like your Mike Tyson meme. Though it's hard to imagine someone getting too bent out of shape about what is said on a forum when it’s so easy to block users.

Really though I think most people hold back on their full opinion online more than they do in person. I know I do.

Last edited:

BayouPigeon

Expert
    I was a member here before, but hadn’t signed in for such a long time, as life gets in the way. I stumbled across the sight the other day in a google search, as I regularly frequent a shotgun site, especially re-loading. I forgot my log-in credentials, and don’t have access to some formerly used e-mails, so I just re-joined. No harm no foul. I’m on vacation this week, so doing a lot of reading.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom