What did you do to Celebrate the END OF THE WAR we won Dad.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Way back when at the end end of the Gulf War, I was conversing with my WWII Paratrooper Uncle and we discussed how we celebrated Winning THE WAR.

Flashback: The Daytime Watch came to the Wadi announcing the end of the war. I awoke to a water glass of Chivas Regal and a Jamaican Cigar. So He asks how's the Scotch & Cigar. When I stated that they where a little weak, he explained that the Scotch was neat and it couldn't have been any stronger. Unable to explain with words I produced a Bottle of GLENMORANGIE & a couple of Cuban H. Upmann's. As we imbibed, he began to understand.

Looks like the I/A campaign gets lumped in with Korea & Viet Nam?

What did Y'all do to celebrate Winning the War?

5lima30ret

Master
    Grateful they are all in the rear view mirror! I mourn for all those (and their families) who made the ultimate sacrifice and came back in flag covered coffin!

Snake-Eyes

Master
    I worry that they will bring the fight to us.

They already did. We mark the 20th anniversary of that day in just over two weeks.

Our presence in their backyard since then was to keep the bloodshed over there.

The libtards are doing everything they can to bring the party back to our soil.

IronBeard

Master
    No celebrating. I feel no sense of pride or accomplishment considering the loss of life, blood, and literally billions of dollars. Never had a real desired end state, and still don't. Like a 20-year live fire exercise. WTF?

Raven

Master
    If the only way to get rich was to kill people and take their stuff and do it over and over again and your religious leaders said Allah said it was ok to do this, would you stop? Nope. Can't blame them. Me and all my friends would be warlords in the same situation too. If some asshole from a world away set down in your backyard with a helicopter full of foreign trespassers and started shooting your family members, would you let them? Would you take the time to ask them where they came from or whose side they're on before you started shooting back? Nope. Me neither. Can't blame them.

Top Bottom