• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madeSICC88

Master
    Had a a2 grip sitting around and wanted to play around with taking the finger step off of it and doing a full grip reduction on it, pretty surprised on how great it feels. i did a base of ODG to match the rifle i wanted to use it on and then did a quick shitty pinestraw job with some plasti-dip to get some grip on it. i kept the flare on the front and added the flare to the back, it looks pretty good aside from the 2min paint job, i also made the back strap steeper as i like the more vertical pistol grips.

unfortunately it doesnt even fit on my Stag lower so i put it on my other unfinished rifle to feel it out.

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Had a a2 grip sitting around and wanted to play around with taking the finger step off of it and doing a full grip reduction on it, pretty surprised on how great it feels. i did a base of ODG to match the rifle i wanted to use it on and then did a quick shitty pinestraw job with some plasti-dip to get some grip on it. i kept the flare on the front and added the flare to the back, it looks pretty good aside from the 2min paint job, i also made the back strap steeper as i like the more vertical pistol grips.

unfortunately it doesnt even fit on my Stag lower so i put it on my other unfinished rifle to feel it out.

That does look good. I was talking to Dan1612 about removing the A2 finger groove and stippling it about 30 minutes ago. I did it on a few spare A2's I had laying around. I like it, but I tend to lean toward a more vertical grip. Did I show you my few different styles of stippling when you were over at my house?

madeSICC88

Master
    i tried stippling on a spare grip a while ago too, all i had for a tip as a pointed fine tip and couldnt get it to look very good, i thought about trying it on this one but i took a ton of material off and id probably burn a hole through it, I didnt see your stuff when i was there.

I thinned out the neck pretty good on it and now im able to manipulate the safety switch and mag release without changing my grip, my short fingers didnt allow that before.

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    i tried stippling on a spare grip a while ago too, all i had for a tip as a pointed fine tip and couldnt get it to look very good, i thought about trying it on this one but i took a ton of material off and id probably burn a hole through it, I didnt see your stuff when i was there.

Here are what a few of mine look like. I've got a couple more spare A2's that I may play around with soon.

20150314_174345_zpsqwtc4llp.jpg

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    glad you like it, Fupa!

here's the rest of the order from today....
    appendix IWB for the shield and 4x double stack mag carriers for a M&P 9mm
    IMG_20150314_175121136.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150314_175121136.jpg
      IMG_20150314_175121136.jpg
      276.4 KB · Views: 401

Idoono

Master
    Got my hand in a brace so there wasn't a lot gun related I could do. So I got bored and inventoried my backup ammo supply. it was quite enlightening.

Idoono

Gas Port

Master
    Just picked up an S&W AR 15 Sport from Mike's Outdoors for $606.30 out the door! Finally able to shoot the rifle side match at Escambia River.

Skippy02

Marksman
    5d16bec1b3eafbfaa245bc2f7058f70e.jpg
    c228f6abb059dad21acb646f0561bed3.jpg

Before and after of what I've been tinkering on today

sent from this crazy cyber space place

Jeff

DaBreeze

Master
    glad you like it, Fupa!

here's the rest of the order from today....
    appendix IWB for the shield and 4x double stack mag carriers for a M&P 9mm
    View attachment 29581

Jogan, do you have a pic of a high ride owb for a full size 1911, gun in holster ?

Kanaloa

Master
    Took the boy to Styx River Range and shot a couple of rifles. Met an awesome older gentlemen who gave us tips for sighting in our rifles. He was shooting ragged one holers with his Anschulz. Class act fellow.

Bought a Marlin 444S, tore it down for cleaning. Installed scopes on Winchester 88 in .308, and BLR model 81 in 7mm-08. Zeroed them in. Spent money and didn't make any.

madeSICC88

Master
    Took the boy to Styx River Range and shot a couple of rifles. Met an awesome older gentlemen who gave us tips for sighting in our rifles. He was shooting ragged one holers with his Anschulz. Class act fellow.

I went there a while back when i got a new AR and was sighting the iron sights in and i had to borrow one of their old spotting scopes, it was slow there and the range master sat next to me and helped me sight it in with his nicer spotter. very nice guy and taught me a few things that i didnt know as well.

madeSICC88

Master
    Dante is a bad influence....
    0639f00ff789a99ddab3b6dc80c1dfae.jpg

Very nice, so what happens when you have a nice pistol like this and you accidentally drop it or something? Does your heart drop a little? I cant get myself to own something that I have to worry about that happening........cant afford it either.

Ryan

Master
    No part of buying it used vice saving up for a new one was that it is broken in already. Any gun I own is a tool and if I have to baby it to own it then I won't own it..but saying that ya i'll have some extra care with this one lol.

madeSICC88

Master
    Ahh yea that would probably ease the pain of getting the first scratch, if somebody has already done it. I need to meet up with you at the FOP one of these days so I can see some of the nice stuff you have. I'm slowly building my ammo back up so I can go shooting again. I got to excited when I first got the pass I went to much and depleted everything I had.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom