• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Khaot1c

Marksman
    I think you'll find the recoil pulse to be a little more manageable as well. It's still a 40 at heart but Longshot puts a leash on it.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Woohoo! I found a nice load that makes 174PF. Thanks for suggesting Longshot, Khaot1c!

Now to go load up a few hundred rounds on my Lee Turret, because I don't have my Dillon setup for .40 yet and I need the ammo to shoot a match next weekend.

ChrisC

Master
    nice to hear! why wait until next weekend? there is a match at Talon tomorrow. worth the trip.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    nice to hear! why wait until next weekend? there is a match at Talon tomorrow. worth the trip.

Unfortunately I've already got plans for this weekend. Technically I'm still on vacation, but we've got some projects that need to be at least started around the house. Going to shoot the Biloxi USPSA match next weekend, then the PTAC 2-Gun match at K&M the following weekend, so I'll still have plenty of excitement this month.

I got my 1943 Springfield Armory M1 Garand and 1944 Inland M1 Carbine all ready to hit the Santa Rosa Shooting Center first thing in the morning (9am). Going to commemorate D-Day (June 6, 1944) and then head over to the Milton Gun Show and try to sell my Norinco Model 213.

timc

Expert
    Replaced the magazine spring in a Winchester 94. Also cleaned it up and oiled it. Hopefully I'll be able to shoot it soon

Gene

Expert
    Well I stopped by Academy today and bought another Sig p238. I never should have sold my other one. Gonna head over tommorrow to see what the gun show has see if there is something I can't live without. But doubt still have not bought anything at one of these gun shows.

Snow Bird

Master
    The shoot is at Escamba River Gun Club if I spelled that right

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    After bulge busting several hundred .40 cases yesterday and loading about 100 on my Lee Turret press, I went ahead and ordered the Dillon 650 caliber conversion this morning. Not cheap, but it only took a few minutes to remember why I bought the Dillon. The turret is great for loading small quantities of ammo, but a progressive is the only way to go when I want/need to load a few hundred rounds or more at a time.

madeSICC88

Master
    Does that mean you are going to start selling me .40 ammo? I got a lot of brass with your name on it.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Does that mean you are going to start selling me .40 ammo? I got a lot of brass with your name on it.

Sorry, but I'm not going down that rabbit hole. Besides, I'm loading my .40 longer than normal to feed out of 10mm mags.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

madeSICC88

Master
    Haha Geez man you're kind of a jerk. Understandable though.

I have not done any gun related stuff for a couple weeks. Been to busy with work and spending the free time I have with the family.

Last edited:

Skippy02

Marksman
    I'm winning "GUN" money over in Biloxi

sent from this crazy cyber space place

Jeff

John B.

Master
    Anyone ever had to send anything back to magpul before? Broke that Pro BUIS last Saturday, emailed them Monday and they responded in 45 minutes... I responded back with my mailing address as requested, and I never got an email back.

Called them Wednesday and they said they don't respond with a confirmation email back.

I know it's only been 5 days, but I'm starting to get pissed that I spent $70 on a front sight, and it broke after literally 1 minute of use...

Anyone ever sent anything back?

I had a good time this morning at the SRSC. I was nice to break out the old M1 Garand and M1 Carbine. I ran into BruceWayne and Gordon while I was there. I let BruceWayne shoot the Garand. Gordon chose not too because he knew if he shot it, he would have to buy one and he really wants one. It was a good morning. I went over to the Milton Gun Show. It was pretty disappointing. Not one of the best shows they have had.

Skippy02

Marksman
    Anyone ever had to send anything back to magpul before? Broke that Pro BUIS last Saturday, emailed them Monday and they responded in 45 minutes... I responded back with my mailing address as requested, and I never got an email back.

Called them Wednesday and they said they don't respond with a confirmation email back.

I know it's only been 5 days, but I'm starting to get pissed that I spent $70 on a front sight, and it broke after literally 1 minute of use...

Anyone ever sent anything back?
    I've never had a return issue with magpul but have made several direct purchases from them and their s&h is "different" then the norm. Never any tracking numbers or verification emails and such. But everything has always arrived. Sometimes faster than others but the worst was in the midst of the whole move thing, that was 3 week s...

Jeff

John B.

Master
    I've never had a return issue with magpul but have made several direct purchases from them and their s&h is "different" then the norm. Never any tracking numbers or verification emails and such. But everything has always arrived. Sometimes faster than others but the worst was in the midst of the whole move thing, that was 3 week s...

Jeff
    10-4, I wouldn't be as irritated as I am if I had actually got some use out of the sight... heck, I would have been fine with them to charge me $15 over the phone to ship it to me in 2 days or something.

ksenter

Master
    I got to fondle my new 1911 grips from Sarge's until the wife ripped them from my hand and hid them for fathers day..... da hell you doin woman? hahaha

Top Bottom