• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Today I watched a few good men move up in the world of IDPA, while I wasted 90 rounds of ammo. Lol.

Skippy02

Marksman
    Spent an afternoon at Styx with pops shooting nothing but 22's which was a change of pace.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

molldog06

Expert
    Picked up my first 2 M1's this weekend at the CMP South Store, took a trip up there this weekend to check out the store and attend the annual GCA convention, watched part of vintage sniper matches and John C Garand matches they hosted at the Talladega Marksmanship Park. That range is impressive, they have and electronic targets on the 200, 300 600 yard range where your shots show up on a 18"x18" monitor. I was pretty impressed, want to make it back to shoot that range when it is not closed for the competitions.

molldog06

Expert
    What grade of M1's did you get? Can't wait to get my first one.

One Springfield field grade ( the muzzle/throat erosion tag read 1-muzzle, 3-throat)

One HRA field grade (2-muzzle 3-throat)

They had plenty of the CMP specials with the new barrels and stocks, both in .308 and 30-06. I only saw one service grade both days I checked out the store and it had a reading of 2 and 2 and a new stock on it, I passed on it since the barrel reading was not worth the extra $100 to me. I am pretty sure that the field grades I picked up will shoot better than me for now. The guys at the counter told me that there are some M1 carbines that should be ready in the next 3-4 months, they said the field grades will be starting around $700. They also had a good supply of rack grade M1's that have the holes for the scope mounts. Most of the regular rack grade M1's has barrels that were all over 5 and 5 according to the tags on them.

If you go to the store to get your M1 I would definitely try to a make time to check out the Talladega Marksmnship Park, its only about a 20 min drive from the store. Its the most impressive range I have seen.

Top Bottom