• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCTaylor

Expert
    I don't want to get out and build stages.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Oh forget that! I spent the morning sorting ~3k 9mm brass. Really unhappy that at least 500 were crimped primers in my order of 3k from Sages. Might sell them to guys with 1050s or wait until next off season to de-prime and swage. Meh I've got about 4k processed brass ready to load and another 1k that needs cleaning, plenty for a while.

Thinking about it, I wonder at what point my time becomes worth the upgrade to a 1050. Shooting minor, I don't worry about stepped brass and only found 15 in my sorting anyhow.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I finally got my rear sight on my Shadow moved over yesterday. It shoots a little right, but the sight is so tight that I haven't been able to bump it over at the range. So yesterday I was prepared to put it in the oven to hopefully melt any loctite that was underneath it, but it turns out that was unnecessary. I just clamped it to my workbench and wailed on it with a brass punch and hammer. After about 3 solid hits, it started to move. I've got it centered up now and I'll test it the next time I get to the range.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Oh forget that! I spent the morning sorting ~3k 9mm brass. Really unhappy that at least 500 were crimped primers in my order of 3k from Sages. Might sell them to guys with 1050s or wait until next off season to de-prime and swage. Meh I've got about 4k processed brass ready to load and another 1k that needs cleaning, plenty for a while.

Thinking about it, I wonder at what point my time becomes worth the upgrade to a 1050. Shooting minor, I don't worry about stepped brass and only found 15 in my sorting anyhow.

A 1050 is costly, but the best way I can describe it is that it's a whole lot smoother than a 650. It feels almost effortless to crank out 1K rounds at a time.

Be careful with the stepped brass, even shooting minor. I've had a handful of people tell me that they've had them blow out while loaded to minor PF.

SCTaylor

Expert
    It'll be about a $1,000 upgrade. I guess the tax man & yearly bonus will play a role. But I also need a back-up gun... First world problems!

SCTaylor

Expert
    Damn, just sold my Sig P320 RX in 20 minutes. Musta priced it too damn low. Oh well, cashola for the back up gun.

Edit to add - Just agreed to buy a tricked out Stock 2. Going the ol' used car route, let someone else put ~$400 in extra parts on and I'll buy it for a 30% discount.

Last edited:

Rapier

Marksman
    Spent a few hours this weekend helping a disabled vet try to get a 60s memory gun built, then up and running. He used to shoot on an AF team in the 60s. Did a shark fin, national match upper for his 1911 he is putting together. Cut a dovetail for a Rollo rear, drilled and tapped the beast for an elevation screw that works off the slide itself rather than the sight base. He got it running late yesterday afternoon. Sent me a note, he was happy, shooting little rocks in his back yard. He can't see worth a flip any more, so pretty good result. For one of us old farts, he is doing good, hobbling around, half blind and still shooting.
    Ed

07stuntin6r

Marksman
    Haha yep! kinda like it like that cause I can put my hand inbetween or in front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07stuntin6r

Marksman
    Other things I did was look at all the shops in FWB. Looked st a CZ P09 and wow that DA trigger is god aweful...kinda disappointed. Also found a M&P 9 used but every time i tried to put the slide back on the takedown lever would roll up and get caught. Is that something that's a big deal? I almost purchased it until that happened.

Also FYI Jimmys has a Gen 2 17 and a G23C has front slide serrations and the slide is silver cerakoted I believe looks sharp. $479 if anyone wants it lol I almost did....40 tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom