• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Checked primers and bullet direction in about 2K .223 rounds. Broke the 100 or so bad ones down to recover bullets.
    In case anyone needs to know...the Frankford Arsenal Pile Driver will set of jacked up primers when breaking them down.

Inlet some CDI bottom metal in a new HS Precision stock

sent about a dozen .308s in my new little project when zeroing the scope. The loads for my 26" gun are about 100 fps slower in the 20". I might need to adjust that load a little

IronBeard

Master
    Wished I had the time/money to dedicate to guns that you guys do :p

ABlaster

Marksman
    I looked at my guns today. I even pointed one of them at my dry-fire range I have in my utility room for about 30 seconds. It was almost practice!

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Got my limited production run from Raven Concealment for my G48! 6 weeks wait for good old school Boltaron goodness!
    16914406896452216657797166617334.jpg

TGuns1451

Expert
    Had a friend with one that the iron sights had broken off.....it was I
    Hit truck bed gun not truck gun lol I'm sure he didn't pay for it. Any way he could hit squirrels or cans with it far as he could see just shotgun style I guess blew my mind. I could be looking through $$$ glass pulling shots and ole no sights limits out lol.

Interesting you say that the front site on this was completely loose in the dovetail. I had to stake it and put loctite in there, put it in center and it shot in quite well.

ABlaster

Marksman
    I finally gave up on trying to fix my STI/Staccato and I'm sending it off to be looked at. The hammer is following and I can't figure out why. Also, I have a buddy that came across some guns in his late mother's house and I'm currently knocking the rust off of them and at least bringing them back to functioning form. I don't have the tools nor the know-how to reblue something and I know my limits.

It's too bad they were so neglected. One is a 1939 Winchester Model 12 and another is a 1952 Colt Cobra with an aluminum frame.

ABlaster

Marksman
    I PM'ed you the photos. As for if he wants to get rid of it, I'm betting he would rather keep it than take the small amount it's worth in the shape it's in. I may have posted about it before, but it was stored for years in a leaky house with no power for years and years.

I will ask him about it, but just after passing the guns off to me to be looked at he had a stroke and he's in kind of bad shape right now.

tros6t

Marksman
    I looked. Saw a Sig M18 for $1500 on here! What with the TC serial number?

Last edited:

fisheadgib

Expert
    My 20 year old Lyman digital scale went stupid a week ago and my new RCBS chargemaster came in Monday. Just loaded 20 rounds of .308 with it and am ok with it so far.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom