• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Snagged a Ruger Charger. Removed the bipod, cleaned it up, and started shopping for the accessories to kit her out.

The fun begins.

View attachment 293199
    Nice. Is that the 8 inch?? Been looking at those. Never had a 10-22, somehow.
    Does it have the rail on the back?? Saw a video where the guy had the rifle foregrip on it and the can fit inside it. Should be a fun build.

RackinRay

Master
    Nice. Is that the 8 inch?? Been looking at those. Never had a 10-22, somehow.
    Does it have the rail on the back?? Saw a video where the guy had the rifle foregrip on it and the can fit inside it. Should be a fun build.
    It is a 10" barrel. It has the Picatinny Rail Adapter on the rear.

Besides doing the standard Ruger 10-22 mods, I will keep build simple. Just ordered an adapter I can use to mount a KAK brace I already had on it. A HoloSun 403B will be installed on it.

timc

Expert
    Have you noticed any loss of 0 with the TD?
    Went out to Element this morning and checked the zero on the 10/22 Takedown after breaking it down, cleaning the barrel and cleaning the upper as well as the trigger assembly.
    No loss of zero with a cheap $29 BSA red dot I’ve had for years.

Shot it at 25, 50, and 100 yards with no loss of zero. Fooled around with it on the 200 yard steel plates. Was able to make hits, but the holdover is like 4’. Took a few tries to hit the plate thst far, but did it with the cheap red dot.

Also zeroed a build I did years ago, Larue 18” barrel. Once zeroed, took it out to 300 yard steel plates. Both 55 grain and 75 grain bullets were easy to connect with.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    put these new links on my Co-Ax the other day...still not sure if I like them...everything feels soft...but it is way easier to get these fat hands and fingers in there now.
    IMG_2254.jpg

I did this on the second case running it through the S/B die before sizing them.
    IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2251.jpg

IMG_2252.jpg

IMG_2253.jpg

hard to believe I didn't get enough lube on 1 piece of brass with my spray bottle

Snagged a Ruger Charger. Removed the bipod, cleaned it up, and started shopping for the accessories to kit her out.

The fun begins.

I received one of my PC9's with an extra Tandemkross chassis.I use it on the PC9 charger

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240612-170355~2.png
      Screenshot_20240612-170355~2.png
      1.2 MB · Views: 30
    • IMG_20240629_074950027.jpg
      IMG_20240629_074950027.jpg
      2.8 MB · Views: 32

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    As fascinating as the 8.6 blk is, I've put it out of my mind, for now. Just ordered parts to build a 10" 300 blk upper! Yay! Now I can buy another caliber ammo! But at least I'll be able to use a 762 can, as soon as I can find one in stock...
    Next week is gonna be like Christmas with all the 4th of July sale packages coming in!!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Went out to Element this morning and checked the zero on the 10/22 Takedown after breaking it down, cleaning the barrel and cleaning the upper as well as the trigger assembly.
    No loss of zero with a cheap $29 BSA red dot I’ve had for years.

Shot it at 25, 50, and 100 yards with no loss of zero. Fooled around with it on the 200 yard steel plates. Was able to make hits, but the holdover is like 4’. Took a few tries to hit the plate thst far, but did it with the cheap red dot.

Also zeroed a build I did years ago, Larue 18” barrel. Once zeroed, took it out to 300 yard steel plates. Both 55 grain and 75 grain bullets were easy to connect with.
    That's very good to know. Most takedown loose zero.

ABlaster

Marksman
    I've been honestly slacking on shooting the last nine months or so, focusing on exercise instead. This past week I realized my Staccato/STI isn't going to be up and running by my next big match, so I dusted off the Glock 35 and have been dry firing with it for the last week.

I'm hoping that posting will give me some accountability and get me back into the habits I had before I burned myself out on shooting.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Thanks! @Rebel_Rider1969 I struggled on the pool balls today. I am only using X16 and they are using 30-40s. The pool ball targets were a struggle and scoring was a little wacked.

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

the numbers on the pool balls are 1/4". The flies are bigger maybe 1/2" but you have to hit one of the black areas or the eyes. Looking again, I struggled on the flies too.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Thanks! @Rebel_Rider1969 I struggled on the pool balls today. I am only using X16 and they are using 30-40s. The pool ball targets were a struggle and scoring was a little wacked.

View attachment 293484
    View attachment 293485

the numbers on the pool balls are 1/4". The flies are bigger maybe 1/2" but you have to hit one of the black areas or the eyes. Looking again, I struggled on the flies too.
    Yeah, precision shooting at this level is tough. One extra cup of coffee could cause trouble. Looks like a dead murder of crows to me. At least ya get to visit with some like minded individuals.
    Go pop some crows for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom