• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    A while back I traded for some old Winchester non corrosive pistol primers (they came in wooden trays of 100 each). A preliminary test of 20 at that time showed they all went bang. Today's test was 25 rounds of my 32 H&R Magnum load with hollow base wadcutters and Bullseye powder. All went bang, all some accuracy as my CCI 500 load, and all to the same impact point. Now I know what I'll use them up in.

rviray

Marksman
    I think that I found a gun that Satan created to make life miserable for anyone who owns it. I just got a North American Arms mini 22lr and I decide to fully disassemble it and clean it up. I thought that I could handle it, but the I'm at the point of putting this tiny spring, the hand spring, onto the hammer. The thing is this, you have to put the spring in while making sure that the trigger, hammer and connector are all in place and when you get it in, you have to put the face plate to hold it in. It's pissing me off. Here's a pic

Attachments

• IMG_1516.jpg
      IMG_1516.jpg
      272.9 KB · Views: 55

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I think that I found a gun that Satan created to make life miserable for anyone who owns it. I just got a North American Arms mini 22lr and I decide to fully disassemble it and clean it up. I thought that I could handle it, but the I'm at the point of putting this tiny spring, the hand spring, onto the hammer. The thing is this, you have to put the spring in while making sure that the trigger, hammer and connector are all in place and when you get it in, you have to put the face plate to hold it in. It's pissing me off. Here's a pic
    Oh, joy. When this happens to me I turn it over to my Bride. I'm lucky. I've had a few that almost went out the back door. Ruger mk1,2 " Satan spring" comes to mind. Take a day off from it.

rviray

Marksman
    Oh, joy. When this happens to me I turn it over to my Bride. I'm lucky. I've had a few that almost went out the back door. Ruger mk1,2 " Satan spring" comes to mind. Take a day off from it.
    I'm trying, I keep thinking about it...it's laughing at me, taunting me.....lol

Raven

Master
    And it sucks because it's such a cheap gun that you can't pay a gunsmith to do it without it being more money than the gun is worth. Been there

Snake-Eyes

Master
    I'm trying, I keep thinking about it...it's laughing at me, taunting me.....lol

This guy goes step by step pretty good for re-assembly. You aren’t the only one to have that spring drive you nuts:

He also has the “disassembly” video on how to break it down correctly:

Reactions: FLT

rviray

Marksman
    That is the exact video I was using to see if there were any tips and tricks to that spring...

Snake-Eyes

Master
    That is the exact video I was using to see if there were any tips and tricks to that spring...

Looks like if you can position your three fingers in that Vulcan Mind-meld position holding the hammer, hand, etc, then it’s “easy-peasy”...

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Finely got up with RackinRay and got more hunting ammo for the x39 RARR. 130 rds! Hornady personal defense and SST Hornady. 123gr. Gonna make the woods run red. Thanks Ray!!!

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Went to the range today to pick up some junk brass to recycle and there was a pretty wild gun at the range. Looks like the guy built it out of junk angle iron and metal tubes he had laying around the house.

1657908930248.jpeg

1657908992452.jpeg

1657909025063.jpeg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I have been cleaning rifles since before the 4th and am finally getting close to the end.

Thought I would share a few pics from inside the M1A prior to cleaning from my Teslong

Carbon Ring at the end of the chamber...not much throat erosion if any

Carbon Ring.JPG

Just in front of the throat...little fire cracking and some copper fouling

Front of Throat.JPG

about 1/2 way out

halfway.JPG

Gas port looks good...that little bit of carbon is gone on the first past

funny spot.JPG

Little bit more copper closer to the muzzle along with a little carbon in the groves

Groves.JPG

Hard to believe it still shoots .57 @ 100

IMG_2563.jpg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I have been cleaning rifles since before the 4th and am finally getting close to the end.

Thought I would share a few pics from inside the M1A prior to cleaning from my Teslong

Carbon Ring at the end of the chamber...not much throat erosion if any

View attachment 174629

Just in front of the throat...little fire cracking and some copper fouling

View attachment 174630

about 1/2 way out

View attachment 174631

Gas port looks good...that little bit of carbon is gone on the first past

View attachment 174632

Little bit more copper closer to the muzzle along with a little carbon in the groves

View attachment 174633

Hard to believe it still shoots .57 @ 100

View attachment 174634
    Not now. Ya cleaned it!!

WRM

Master
    I managed to talk myself out of bidding on a SBH Bisley in .480 Ruger on Gunbroker. It was the 6+ barrel and I want the shorty. Tempted, but held back.

Last time I bought an "almost right" it was a SRH in .480. Got on Cylinder & Slide's wait list and started plotting my mods. A month later "that gun" showed up on Gunbroker. I now own 2 SRHs in .480.

Still on the hunt for a SBH Bis.

Latest posts

Top Bottom