• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Put new grips on my 1911 and pulled several items out of the safe just to look, hold and wipe down. Sometimes you just have to touch stuff
    Yep, everytime I think I need some new Wizz bang toy. I just go into the man cave and fiddle with something I already have. Reality sets in.

ABlaster

Marksman
    I put in a pretty solid dry fire session. Florida State Championships are in about three weeks, so I really have to make up for some slacking over the holidays!

Daezee

Master
    Bought a low number 1918 vintage Rock Island Arsenal M1903 from a forum member. Soaking the bore now to get every trace of copper out. TE reads .30475 so over half of its jacketed bullet life left (.310 is reject), but with my mild cast bullet loads it'll never wear out. Rebuilt in WWII, possibly at Anniston, as Anniston's stamp is on the stock. Sedgley 8-44 barrel. Bore looks nice.

He's getting out of bullet casting so I also bought 3,000 30 cal gas checks...I go through them by the thousands each year. All parties were happy with the pricing.

Yes, I shoot mild cast bullet loads in a low number M1903.

Raven

Master
    Talked my wife and daughter into trying the glock 19 co2 bb pistol. My wife got a kick out of shooting cans. My daughter's hands are still too small.
    Try the crosman bolt action pneumatic air pistol. It fit my little girl's tiny hands like a glove. With a longer sight radius it's accurate enough to hunt with and they are almost 50% more powerful than CO2 power. A win-win

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    I bought a new HK "Sky Marshall" USPc 40 LEM when they 1st came out, then proceeded to heavily customize it. In '09 I went into survival mode and lived off selling my gun collection while I went back to school for 2 years. 1 man in Dothan bought $10K in HKs, and he didn't even get them all. I put that gun back stock before selling it unfired. I dug those parts out 3 years ago and found a replacement doner, maybe 2 years ago. Finally, last night I removed the LEM, installed match trigger & hammer components, SA/DA safety and a jet funnel. Mag bases on VP-40 13 round mags fit nicely. Only thing left is to source a new set of night sights and attach the grip tape. Over travel match trigger won't work on a compact.

Attachments

• IMG_20230110_021842367.jpg
      IMG_20230110_021842367.jpg
      645 KB · Views: 39

Darkness_Actual

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    I received my Arisaka HL-X tail cap adapter, Surefire UE tail cap and Surefire Warden. Got the Warden painted and mounted. Now I just need a new switch for the light. I'm almost done with this one until I'm in a position to get a can.

Attachments

• IMG_20230111_144457_912.jpg
      IMG_20230111_144457_912.jpg
      732.2 KB · Views: 41
    • 20230111_174312.jpg
      20230111_174312.jpg
      332.5 KB · Views: 43

Daezee

Master
    A friend (NOT a member of this forum) has developed a serious health condition and is giving up reloading. Knowing I'd helped two families sell reloading/shooting items from their estates, he and his wife asked me to help them. So, today I spent a couple of hours at his house filling up my pickup. It's an 80 mile round trip. After I first offer items to a handful of his friends he told me to, I will post them for sale on the forum, probably starting next week with primers. I have a lot of stuff to count/weigh out. There is enough to take care of many people. Other than lead and melters, all was stored in an air-conditioned building (his Man Shed) on his property. I may have some freebies to give away as I was able to do a little of the last time.

To give you an idea of the amount of primers, each of 4 20mm cans is full of bricks of primers + 2 plastic tubs (big plastic tub not shown) of bricks of primers. There will be no large rifle primers for sale. There were only 2100 of LR and one of his friends and I split them and bought them. Primers will be $80/brick, regardless of match, standard, brand or magnum. Other than 10,000 of Wolf small pistol, they are all U.S. made Federal, Winchester, CCI, Remington. In today's market, I felt $80 was fair, less than you can buy them for, yet not being given away.

To give you an idea of the powder, here's jugs and cardboard boxes full of jugs/cans to be unloaded from my truck and inventoried. I did not show the view from the other side of my back seat. All boxes with powder were packed by my friend. At this time I couldn't tell you what powders are in the boxes. All powder will be $25/pound. I think it's all pistol and medium burning rifle powders, from what I saw on the shelves as he put them into boxes for me to tote out to the truck, so they ought to sell well. There is no Trail Boss. In today's market, I felt $25 was fair, less than you can buy it for, yet not being given away.

There is a large box of bullet moulds, a lead melter, lube sizers, bullet sizing dies and top punches, heaters for the lube sizers. I'm buying 2 bullet sizers, and there are more left (RCBS, Saco, Star that I saw). There will be brass and some bullets. I saw Dillon reloaders and other brands...didn't pay much attention, as I was loading the truck as he couldn't help with that. He did not shoot heavy kicking rifles.

So far, there will be no .22 rimfire ammo...he can still shoot that so it's being kept. I don't know about other loaded ammo at this time. There will be no lead as he already sold most of it (to me a few years ago). The remainder is being sold to me and one of his friends...guessing a few hundred pounds total from his description.

Please don't send PM's with requests for this or that at this time..wait until I post items actually for sale with quantity, as I have to make contact and firm up sales with his handful of shooting friends first. Thus this is not an offer to sell. That will be posted in the appropriate area. Of his friends he told me of, one has gotten back to me with a negative reply, two only want couple of pounds of powder each of 2400 and 231 so I'll be digging that up as I know it's there, one wants 6 bricks of primers and powder for 9mm reloading, one reply is pending, and I gotta see what powder I'm buying. A gunshow friend of his is taking guns to a local show, so I couldn't tell you about them. Thank you.

9F373EF0-833A-4019-B567-7EEC5EE8F784.jpeg

9F1673B8-02C4-4EA6-81D2-114C29550836.jpeg

0CB10273-BCBA-4D15-8FB9-538DCCFE7DC4.jpeg

8831A158-E328-4BE9-B29A-1893B7CD4EBE.jpeg

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Helped my buddy get the scope off of his Blackhawk in .41 and mounted on his new S&W Performance Center 629 Stealth Hunter. The we mounted a different one on his Blackhawk. Naturally we had to sight these bag boyz back in. I even managed to get a couple groups with most of the hole cutting each other...between us we shot 50 rounds through it. We finished it up with about 30 in the Blackhawk. The 629 was a real pleasure to shoot. We weren't running them hot but once the radar got to about 1650 it started breathing fire.

Darkness_Actual

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    I painted all of my PMAGS. I still have a few loaded Surefeeds and Duramags to download and paint not including the ones on the way. This will never end.
    20230115_115842.jpg

MarkS

Master
    Been trying to build a new reloading bench while also trying to keep from hurting myself. Finally got the 2”x27”x72” red oak bench top in place but still need to build shelves. Only been a couple of weeks to do what use to be a couple of hours work

Attachments

• B04CFDD6-828F-4A16-8BD4-DF8EE2CA7F00.jpeg
      B04CFDD6-828F-4A16-8BD4-DF8EE2CA7F00.jpeg
      247.5 KB · Views: 49
    Top Bottom