• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodsy85

Expert
    Picked up a Taurus GX4 in a trade last week. Cleaned it up good last night and put a few mags through it. Figured while I had the cleaning kit out I’d clean my kimber micro 9 and my G2c.

Hoping to pick up a new Ruger LCP max .380 at LGS today and test it out if it gets delivered early enough. Apparently UPS tried to deliver yesterday but got a failed delivery notice due to business being closed. Was 12 something so might have been out to lunch. Small one man shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Target Sports USA

Expert
    Industry Partner
    My Ammo order for the month came in today.

In slightly concerning news, I heard that the Lake City ammunition plant just canceled all commercial orders. :(

Im guessing we are heading for yet another ammo price spike.
    If you purchase a lot of ammo in bulk, I recommend looking into our Ammo+ membership. It's similar to a Prime membership, free shipping, and an average savings of $390 a year. Right now, if you sign up for Ammo+ and buy a case of Winchester ammo, you get a $50 gift card. https://www.targetsportsusa.com/winchester-ammunition-m-37.aspx?mc_cid=203de06269&mc_eid=UNIQID

rviray

Marksman
    Finally finished my Form 1 suppressor build. All I need now is to find an engraver. I am toying around with buying my own, inexpensive laser engraver. But I don't know if I'm on the wife's naughty or nice list for Christmas. If anyone here has a suggestion on a budget laser engraver, I'd like to hear it.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Well the constant flow of ammo continues in...
    I gotta ask; I'm I the only dork who buys ammo for guns I don't have, yet? I've started with the 6 ARC, SMH
    Oh, and project "Wick Stick" is officially under way, but not a purist clone, they didn't have a V1 in .40 on sale, so V3 it is. Hopefully this will be my Saturday while at work project!

Attachments

• IMG_20231206_082205459_copy_1500x2000.jpg
      IMG_20231206_082205459_copy_1500x2000.jpg
      519 KB · Views: 43

sloporsche

Master
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    Well the constant flow of ammo continues in...
    I gotta ask; I'm I the only dork who buys ammo for guns I don't have, yet? I've started with the 6 ARC, SMH
    Oh, and project "Wick Stick" is officially under way, but not a purist clone, they didn't have a V1 in .40 on sale, so V3 it is. Hopefully this will be my Saturday while at work project!
    I have and will continue to buy ammo and accessories for weapons i have ordered and have not come in yet but i do not buy ammo or stuff for something that i will never own

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    I have and will continue to buy ammo and accessories for weapons i have ordered and have not come in yet but i do not buy ammo or stuff for something that i will never own
    LOL, yeah I started gathering parts for the 6arc build, trying to rush a last minute bid on 6.5creed ammo, I accidentally bought grendel, now I have one. I've pretty much gathered all the parts again, holding out on the barrel hoping a deal will come along, like they did for both the 6.5s

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    I'd never seen a Remington 597 until a coworker talked me into fixing his. From there I bought 1 and built one from a gun-busters kit & receiver, complete with scopes. One grandson came this morning and got his with a box of 500 rounds of ammo, his was the heavy 16" threaded barrel. He seemed excited. The other grandson comes Saturday.
    I got new ammo packed in ammo cans filled one with about 1K of mixed 6.5 creedmoor & another with 6.5 grendel a lot of wolf but some premium stuff as well. Starting on 6 ARC, I've got most of that build gathered, sans a barrel...

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Finally picked up that 1:9 twist barrel for my .223
    Picked up a few boxes of bullets to shoot through it. Let me see if I can get it to do better than 4.5" @ 700 yds.
    He even threw in a couple of sets of straight cut grips. I just might have something around that they could fit on.

IMG_1940.jpg

Daezee

Master
    I'd somewhat recently got back into Mosin Nagants and mine so far are Finnish ones. I found a comprehensive book was coming out this month on that subject so I prepaid and got on the waiting list. My signed book arrived yesterday. 584 pages.

I jumped to the chapter covering the Civil Guard M28/30 rifles. Indeed mine is the third one built once the design was finalized with an adjustable front sight. It is 431 serial numbers from the one issued to the “white death” Finnish sniper, Simo Hayha. Ones built earlier were sent back to have windage adjustable front sights retrofitted when possible.

Also found for 55€ I can get a report from the Finnish national archives regarding my rifle, when made, all inspections, condition reports, name of inspectors, where issued, repairs and who issued to. Don’t know if I want to jump through all the hoops for that.

IMG_0147.jpeg
    IMG_0149.jpeg

And just for fun, me in my Finnish hat:

IMG_0540.jpeg

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    i knew santa was strapped,... armed with a ww2 sniper rifle no less....:cool:

nice set of whiskers...

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Converted my Deer hunting Ruger x39 from ruger mini 30 mags to AR mags. Hunting and Clearcut mags!!
    I dont know how the other Rugers are but this one is "hitchy" in the action. You gotta drive the bolt with authority.

FYI. 2x7 tasco Japan wideview. Pawn shop find $20. Love it for deer hunting.
    Screenshot_20231219-232150_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231219-232147_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Converted my Deer hunting Ruger x39 from ruger mini 30 mags to AR mags. Hunting and Clearcut mags!!
    I dont know how the other Rugers are but this one is "hitchy" in the action. You gotta drive the bolt with authority.

FYI. 2x7 tasco Japan wideview. Pawn shop find $20. Love it for deer hunting.
    View attachment 259295View attachment 259296
    Tascos gets a lot of hate, I appreciate the Japanese made ones. I have 2 Titans mounted now, but passed the nicest one on to my son on the 308 he was gifted earlier this year, think it was a 4-12x56. I like the look with the mag set-up!

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom