• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    I get trying to get a good deal, however when you have 150.00 worth of stuff for sale and have it listed for $100, that in my book is a good deal. People on here are some cheap mother f--kers.

Rant over......

no woryz

Marksman
    I wouldnt be that way about it.... either the right person hasnt seen it or its not as good deal as you feel it is... if i already have 5 of something its going to need to be a great deal before i buy.... if someone offers too low, well thats whats it worth to them.. you can always say no....

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    I wasn't trying to be an ass, however don't PM me asking to go lower when it's already a good deal. If you don't like the price then move on.

That's all.

Welldoya

Master
    I think most people assume that people have some built-in negotiation room in their price.
    If you don't, just put "firm" and if it doesn't sell at that price, lower it in a few days.
    Now, some people do go overboard in their lowballing.
    Don't know what you are selling but I'm going to Panama City this weekend if somebody over here needs me to bring it back on Sunday.

Viking1204

Master
    I hear you Doc! I have my Lowrance Elite 7 Fishfinder/Chartplotter on here and the PFF trying to sell it and the Navionics + card for $600 and not a single offer after being up for a couple of weeks. Items are brand new in the box, I paid over $775 total for everything and nobody wants it at $600. Nobody has tried to go lower but damn, I'm asking almost $200 less than I paid for it and nothing. I'm not going to give it away, might just have to put it on whatever Kayak I buy after I sell my boat!

Red

Master
    I get a good chuckle when I get lowballed for my items, but hey if I was firm on it I would put firm. I like to price fair to begin with and when and if I get lowballed I just politely decline. Most of us work hard for our money and are trying to get the best out of it, even it it means saving 5 bucks. I have had some offers that would seem insulting considering what the item is actually worth albeit used, but again to each his own, no thanks and move on. If you price high enough to where you are comfortable, it seems no one offers. If you price fair or low then you get tons of offers usually lower than what you are asking for anyway which I can see how that would be frustrating, but its your stuff, you ain't gotta sell it to no one unless you get what you want outta it.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    I've gotten all kinds of goofy and ridiculous offers. For example on my Harley I have for sale right now at $4000 so far I've been offered the trade of two non-functional motorcycles worth about $400 total but because he liked my bike he would let them go for an even trade. I've been offered a GMC truck with 300,000 miles and no reverse gear. My personal favorite and offer to let me finance it for him. He got mad when I told him I'd love to finance it for him the terms would be $5000 down and I would finance the remaining $4000 at 0% interest.

I either ignore low ball, odd ball offers, but sometimes I like to have fun with them.

Welldoya

Master
    Plus, one thing to keep in mind, if you are not a very astute shopper , people might know where to get it much cheaper.
    If you just go to Gander Mountain and buy something, chances are it's available 40% cheaper on-line.
    I see guns for sale all the time for a higher price than I can buy new on-line.

fv22

Master
    It's the same thing selling Real Estate. You could have a house priced WAY BELOW market value and I guarantee you any offers will still be thousands or sometimes even tens of thousands lower. Recently had a house for sale that was a GREAT deal at about $235,000 was definitely worth north of $265,000 but the first offer we got on it was $180,000, next one was $200,000. Did finally sell for close to asking price but took many many months...

Currently have one that I re-habbed to better than new condition in East Hill. Priced right at market value, got an offer o few weeks ago for $23,000 less than asking price. I expect to have to negotiate but that's ridiculous. Just the way people are these days.

Little Jack

Master
    I've found that people willing to pay "cash!!" Usually get a better deal. Yes, I'll take it in the face because you offered me 20% below asking, which was already below dealer/wholesale, because you told me you'd pay in cash.

How the Fuc$ else were you going to pay for used gear on a local forum?

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    I get a good chuckle when I get lowballed for my items, but hey if I was firm on it I would put firm. I like to price fair to begin with and when and if I get lowballed I just politely decline. Most of us work hard for our money and are trying to get the best out of it, even it it means saving 5 bucks. I have had some offers that would seem insulting considering what the item is actually worth albeit used, but again to each his own, no thanks and move on. If you price high enough to where you are comfortable, it seems no one offers. If you price fair or low then you get tons of offers usually lower than what you are asking for anyway which I can see how that would be frustrating, but its your stuff, you ain't gotta sell it to no one unless you get what you want outta it.

if you pay too much, but get what you want, good quality, all you have lost is a little money

if you pay too low, and don't get what you want, or is of low quality, you have lost all you paid...and now have to pay more for what you need...

I've found that people willing to pay "cash!!" Usually get a better deal. Yes, I'll take it in the face because you offered me 20% below asking, which was already below dealer/wholesale, because you told me you'd pay in cash.

How the Fuc$ else were you going to pay for used gear on a local forum?

I have cash "today" is different, Nate.

Telum Pisces

Master
    I've got all of you beat.

Before we decided to build our house, we tried to purchase one in the same vicinity. Their asking/list price was decent for what it was and we could pay it and thought why waste everyone's time going back and forth. We made a full price offer on their home that had been on the market for 8 months. It was just in a location that is not a hot market, but it fit us perfect.

Our realtor did not balk at us making a full price offer since she was getting paid and we were happy and she thought the house was worth it as well.

We put in the offer and waited and then waited some more past when our offer was technically legal in the contract etc... We were wondering what was going on. Almost two weeks later, we get a counter offer that is 10K more than their asking price that they listed the dang house for. We were their first offer!!!!! We were their only offer in 8 months!!! What are these people smoking??? Well I told my realtor that they can pound sand and we decided to build a brand new house for the same cost!!! I guess that was someone looking out for us and we ended up with the exact house we wanted down to the tiniest detail!

But that deal and process through me for a loop and just made us live with the in laws for five months. :)

Seanpcola

I don't get mad at low ball offers unless someone is being slick about it. It does occasionally offend me if someone tries to used car salesman me with BS. If I say no thanks do NOT keep bugging me. Anything I sell is on the block because I want it out of my sight and plan to use the money for another toy that I do not need. I'm not rich but don't try to paint me like I'm desperate for the $100 bill you offered me on a $400 gun.

Now Sawman loves low ball offers. He's told me in private that if he prices a gun at $700 he will gladly take $250 so you guys give the dude a shot. If he says no or laughs at you call him back later with a lower offer.

He delivers in a 450 miles radius also.

Welldoya

Master
    I never understood the "cash" thing either. Even the "cash today" thing. That's what I would expect you to have.
    Speaking of odd real estate offers - a close relative offered a bank $280k on a short sale they had listed at $325. The bank drug out their answer for months and finally said "no, would you like to raise your offer?".
    He said "no, that's all it's worth to me."
    A year later the bank sold it for $180k.
    I'm still convinced a bank officer's friend made out on that deal. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    When I purchase things, I always look for the best deals. I usually don't have the most funds to work with. I also buy quality, buy once, cry once as the phrase goes.

I'm not out to make money on used stuff or even new stuff. I get that. That being said, when I have brand new stuff that has never been used and it's well below what you can buy it for on the current market.....Shessh!!!

SAWMAN

Master
    Yeah . . . . Seans right. I absolutely love lowball offers. They make me laugh.
    Also the "can you meet me halfway to Jacksonville" offers.
    BUT ---> The #1 thing that a buyer ought to realize,as stated above, - - - -> FIRM means FIRM. Here is what I do. If a item has been for sale for quite sometime,I PM the seller and ask him . . . . "If you ever come away from firm,please allow me to make you an offer. Thanks,and have a great day." --- SAWMAN

Welldoya

Master
    I've done the same as Sawman, except I give them an offer right then.
    I'll say "I honestly hope that you get your price, but if you don't, this is what I will give you. Contact me if you decide that you can let it go for that."
    Sometimes I hear from them and sometimes I don't. Like I stated above, there's nothing that I NEED so it really doesn't matter to me either way.

SAWMAN

Master
    While we are here please allow me to put this up.
    The stuff that I put up for sale is what I will let it go for. Most of the time it is the absolute lowest that I am willing to part with it for. I cannot think of a single thing that I have ever listed on this forum that I have bought/obtained simply to resell and make a profit on. I do not try to buy low and sell high. I feel that this is what separates me from most other sellers here.
    NO . . . . ? . . . . well lets see. Lately I have been checking the seller/buyer members past post history BEFORE I deal with them. Give that a try sometimes. Ya'll would be amazed how many members seem to be here to buy and sell only. Their post history does not have a single post trying to help another member,give advice,or anything else. Direct to the point . . buy and sell only. That is mostly the members that I have problems with. That is why that in some of my posts I state that a potential buyer MUST have a certain number of posts on GCGF. That is my right and I can see in the future that number will increase.
    The huge percentage of members here know how to conduct buisness on this type of forum. Some don't,and it is easy to tell by what they post on a buy or sell add.
    Since I have been here I have denied the sale of an item probably 8-10 times. The potential buyer seems to not recognize one important thing. I would much rather hang onto my for sale item than have to deal with some "hey doode,littly boy,all about me,POS.
    Yep . . . it's just that simple. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom