Whats the average price of an sks at moment?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patriot1776

Shooter
    Looking at buying an sks, nothing fancy or collector worthy. Was just curious of what the growing price was for one? Appericate the input.

Raven

Master
    $550 at the Fort Walton gun show. I saw 5 or 6 on tables and another one walking around.
    Two were regular Paratroopers and a third Paratrooper walking around took AK mags. That one was $1,000

Screenshot_20240920_194612_Chrome.jpg

594c0741-976f-4b59-ade2-b2e7c23ca391.jpg

Last edited:

Eagle Eye

Shooter
    GCGF Supporter
    $550 at the Fort Walton gun show. I saw 5 or 6 on tables and another one walking around.
    Two were regular Paratroopers and a third Paratrooper walking around took AK mags. That one was $1,000

View attachment 506048

View attachment 506047
    I see these are the polymer stock ones . I wonder how much the wood stocked ones are
    selling for ? My Tula's all original , I paid around $350 some years back . They now must be selling for around &1000. plus in condition ? Thanks !

Miami_JBT

Expert
    SKS Carbines are not cheap these days. I snagged a good deal recently for a ChiCom.

1727223190778.png

Picked up the ChiCom SKS recently to go with my Soviet 1953 made Tula Arsenal. I paid $250 for the Tula back in the early 2010s.

I had a Navy Arms imported ChiCom Cowboy Companion (missing the optic) a while back and sold it for more than I easily had in it, even back then.

But I've wanted another one but didn't want to pay today's higher prices for one. LGS had it as a consignment sale marked at $450. Talked 'em down to $400 for it.

I've checked GunBroker's completed sales and they're averaging $600-$700.

Now, mint in the box Navy Arms Cowboy Companions with the matching optics of course go for more as an example. But a run if the mill ChiCom is averaging between $600-$700. So, $400 was a good price for me. Especially for what the rifle is.

It is an 9186 Arsenal made rifle, made in 1980. Short collar barrel lug, cast rear sight block, post 1968 production pattern bolt (no lightening cut), stamped trigger guard, all matching numbers with Type 56 receiver marking.The bore is chrome lined and mint. Even has the original sling and cleaning kit in the buttstock. Basically, this is later production military contract Type 56 that was put into storage and the was later sold to a US importer for the US commercial import market.

Eagle Eye

Shooter
    GCGF Supporter

Miami_JBT

Expert

View attachment 506048

View attachment 506047
    I'm on the hunt for a standard wooden stocked Paratrooper with an intact bayonet lug and bayonet.

The one on the far right, with the sheet metal 20rd Chinese star marked mag. That has a killed trigger group. Also, the mag alone isn't cheap these days.

Eagle Eye

Shooter
    GCGF Supporter
    Chinese SKS Carbines are their own thing and are growing in popularity for collectors.
    Gotcha , as a collector I am kind of indifferent with most anything from that country . Just my personal opinion , no harm no foul .

jettjon

Expert
    I picked up a Chinese Norinco 16" SKS paratrooper for 120 bucks back in the 90's and I guess I'm never selling it. I imagine my great grandkids could use it as a down payment on a house or something lol

Top Bottom