• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebuilt

Marksman
    Being a recent High school graduate I was starteding my first semester at PJC. I arrived to my math class non the wiser to what was going on. A couple of my class mates were talking about a plane that had flown into the first tower, we thought it was a small plane at the time. About that time an announcement came over the loudspeakers and intercoms that classes were canceled. As I was making my way back across campus to my truck I noticed that that the maintenance guys had circled the trucks and had the radios turned up loud. After hearing the events unfold It became kinda surreal, I drove home listening to the broadcast and hearing of the plane that hit the pentagon. I made it back home to see the towers collapse live on TV. They say that this event is like the pearl harbor of my grandparents generation, its imprinted on my mind. Its as sharp as the day it happened, even though I was thousands of miles away. So do you remember where you were on that day?

maxfold

Master
    Working for county as E.T .tech .putting dogs and cats down .took break herd on PA on radio that first plane hit walked to break room saw second on TV . Num anyway but that floored me ! How could it happen ,where was security ?? Then pentagon coworker had daughter working there ,no info as to what where ,and who .sad . Couple days later stopped and the sky was clear ,smelled like when I was a child clean fresh . How much exhaust is put in air by planes . Knee jerk rules and laws hurried in .Are we safer now ??? 9-11-15 will see, who follows there historical dates ? maxfold be safe ,be good to those who help will help.

gendoc

Master
    doing a warranty repair on a generator @ century corrections.
    went thru main gate with no problems...by the time I got to my contacts office, all hell had broke loose !!
    they took me into there break room to see the TV and I was shocked !!! along with everyone there.
    I don't think we got much done that morning...much less the rest of the day.

ksenter

Master
    was at home getting ready for work when I saw it on the news. Woke mom up and informed her that "we're under attack, the twin towers and the pentagon have been hit". Eery morning.

fishingjean

Master
    I was on a manmade island 6 miles off the north coast of Alaska working !!! Project named ['North Star ] Never forget that day, in the Burfurt Sea !!!!!!! Denny in pace!!

gendoc

Master
    I was on a manmade island 6 miles off the north coast of Alaska working !!! Project named ['North Star ] Never forget that day, in the Burfurt Sea !!!!!!! Denny in pace!!

Denny, was that to support ADAK ? I did lots of work in that area in the 90's

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    had just came home from the hospital after my first-born and wife were discharged. A buddy called me and was telling me to turn on the TV. Got about ten seconds to let it all sink in when the second plane hit. Never forget that morning.....

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Working at the Caribe condos at Alabama point. A construction site of about 150-200 guys and equip. went dead silent for most of the morning. My marine buddy was immediately on the phone and put on 24hr notice. One of the longest days I can remember.

flyandscuba

Master
    Working in Tallahassee. I knew that people would panic about the subsequent economy - so, within the week I negotiated a killer deal on a new truck and waterfront townhouse. Sometimes, when things look the worst - it's best to invest.

I knew the world as we knew it would never be the same - but I was determined to live life rather than worry and fret. We got caught with our pants down after the Clinton administration. It will be interesting to see what might occur after the even worse Obama administration.

My current practice when the market drops - continues to be to invest rather than panic and sell. It hasn't served me wrong yet.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Greensboro, Florida installing thermo electrodes at DOT maintenance yard and adjacent cornfield to help clean up fuel contamination in the groundwater. Girl I was dating at the time, her dad was a pilot for US. Airways. Called me frantic. Later in the day she found out he was not involved. Prayers to those that were....

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    working at the plaza bldg, on fairfield....my boss barely escaped being locked down on the navy base, i was in the office, within 15 min, the phones went silent...

when i saw the 2nd plane hit..i knew something was up...

bac3996

Marksman
    Did a midnight shift and was in bed till my phone, pager and nextel radio all started to go off all at once. I was informed of what was happening. I put out an alert to all my patrol supervisors and began to setup security by all buildings we serviced as I was en route to my office.

I was the Head Field Supervisor for Pinkerton Security and Detective Division in New England area. We provided security for all the government & federal building as well as all Pratt & Whitney , Sikorsky Aircraft, & Hamilton Standard, as well as many other business and private companies.

I made arrangements to double up security on most sites.

At noon I met with the then Governor John Rowland and his top aid and his driver who also served as his security agent.

From noon on Sept 11 2001 till 6pm Sept 13th I spent traveling with the governor and his 2 other people. I had the security codes to every building be it state or federal government.

From noon till 8pm that night we traveled around Connecticut stopping by all government building assuring that everything was ok, we also stopped at various emergency management locations and made sure everything was going ok.

At 7pm the governor received a call from both NY mayor Rudy Giuliani and NY Governor George Pataki they asked for a meeting and press conference.

Most roads leading into and out of NY were either blocked or a traffic nightmare.

We made arrangements to convoy into the city with both the national guard and over 75 fire apparatus that were responding to help from the New England area.

Roads were opened up so we could pass thru. We made it to with in 10 miles of ground zero.

It was about 3-4 AM. We could go no father by our vehicle. The Governor and his aid went on ahead to the press conference with the NY state police and national guard.

It was so very aerie you could only hear the howl of fire and emergency vehicles, the air was full of ash and smoke and it was very hard to breathe.

By 8am we were back in Connecticut doing as we had been doing stopping around the state reassuring everyone the governor could.

I never again want to relive those long 72hrs and I have never again set foot in the city.

I found out afterwards my company had lost over 14 people. Three of them I knew personally and had trained in the use of firearms.

Americans need to never forget this day or the many that lost their lives and loved ones. We need to stay vigilant at all times especially the way things are today.

shadeogray

Master
    I was off the east coast of Africa on the USS Enterprise. We did a U-turn back to the Gulf and extracted revenge.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Working in Tallahassee. I knew that people would panic about the subsequent economy - so, within the week I negotiated a killer deal on a new truck and waterfront townhouse. Sometimes, when things look the worst - it's best to invest.

I knew the world as we knew it would never be the same - but I was determined to live life rather than worry and fret. We got caught with our pants down after the Clinton administration. It will be interesting to see what might occur after the even worse Obama administration.

My current practice when the market drops - continues to be to invest rather than panic and sell. It hasn't served me wrong yet.

"Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own." Baron Rothschild

moron1

Expert
    I was working in a factory and one of the mechanics told me he heard something about a plane hitting the world trade center. Word was spreading among the 150 employees but the bosses were instructed to keep production going. They were actually telling people "Keep working, you can watch it on the news when you get home!" I lost all respect for that company that day. I really didn't know what happened until noon when I went out to my car for lunch.

MarkS

Master
    At home drinking coffee with the wife when the first footage started airing, watched it happen on television and waited for word of more attacks.
    I will never forget the images from that morning or the silence in the sky afterwards.

Hwy 95 south bound to tampa. When I was in Tampa a small plane ran in to one of the tall buildings. Not related to my knowledge.

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    I was in home room my sophomore year of high school when the first plane hit, we thought it was an accident. By 3rd period biology we knew what was happening. Spent the rest of the day watching the tv, not really understanding the severity of the situation. It wasent until I saw my dads face and demeanor when I got home that I understood.

Seanpcola

I was in Warrington Hardware checking out when the girl at the register said a small airplane had hit the world Trade center. All I could figure was a showboating sightseer in a 172 got too close and didn't figure wind direction into his course. She had a TV on watching the news and I stood there with her when the second one hit. I immediately called my daughter that works at Pensacola Regional (name at the time) and told her to get clear of that place, then got on the road rounding up family. Got my girlfriend from her work and we went to my house. I lived directly across from the NAS golf course and later in the day we decided to take the boat out just to relax. About the time I started dropping it in the water it occured to me that driving a boat near the base or through that pass might get my ass blown out of the water.

Top Bottom