• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    I was sitting in one of my Grandmothers old chairs at the home place in Alabama...Just sitting there looking out the front door at the huge oak trees that I had helped my Grandfather plant when I was about 8 yrs old back in 1959....Thinking about life...When my Sister in law came running in the front door screaming we are under attack !!! I turned the TV on and watched it unfold....I never said a word.

After a few minutes I stood up...never spoke ...buttoned my shirt....looked in the mirror to check my tie.... I walked out and got in my car and left.....because it was time to go to the funeral home to Bury My Mother. So....it's a double meaning day for me and my siblings...........I silently prayed all day for my Mother.... for all those people and their families..... and Our Country.

Last edited:

Viking1204

Master
    I was working at Network Telephone in downtown Pensacola, once news of it reached us in the IT department we turned on the TV's and starting reading about it online. Soon they sent us home, no work was going to get done. Went home and watched the towers fall, the wife and I both couldn't hold the tears back. A day I'll never forget as long as I live.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I was in math class during my sophomore year in high school. We pulled TV's into as many classrooms as we could, then piled in and watched for most of the day.

plparsons23

Shooter
    I was working in Atlanta, about 6 blocks from the CDC buildings. We went on lockdown, was able to make it to the motel, I-75 was a parking lot for the next 4 hours. I called most of my family, made sure everyone was OK, then sat in front of the TV and watched the buildings come down in real-time.

beeritself

Shooter
    I was in my dorm room in McVoy Hall at LSU when my roommate came running in yelling when the first plane hit. We flipped on CNN (I think) and stayed glued to the TV for the next several hours.

Little Jack

Master
    North stair well of the boq at best lakes. Had must come back from a hail and farewell for some of the ntc staff. I had a ham and cheese omlette. Made my way to the HT school house to watch the rest of the day.

Top Bottom