Who the heck is Captain Ron and what the heck is wrong with him?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Stagman

Master
    Never took his class but I did buy a gun from him once. He had me meet him at a Waffle House and wanted to make the transaction in the bathroom. Wtf? He spent the next 30 mins staring at himself in the bathroom mirror drawing his gun and "instructing " me what to do in different situations. (Never asked to be "instructed" ) I finally had enough and said I had to run threw my cash on the bathroom sink , grabbed the gun and left. Fukkin weirdo if you ask me (that's a fact)

GSftuQ5.gif

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Lemme get this straight. You and Ron was in the bathroom in a WH together for 30 minutes. Was the door locked ?? The the handle ever jiggle ?? Did ya'll walk in at the same time ?? Did ya'll walk out at the same time ?? (Remember ....facts only or you will be banished to Jax.)

Weird .... JUST WEIRD !! --- SAWMAN
    Well.... shit I got nothing. F#$k you guys

John B.

Master
    Not gonna lie, I took a basic pistol class with El Capitan when I turned 21... he taught my buddy and I better form than our "diehard" form... not saying he isn't a whacko, but he was professional during our course, and we got to shoot a bunch of stuff a lot cheaper than we could anywhere else.

oneshot

Master
    I was one his instructors in a class he was in, he started to trying to run the class, the head inst. had to have a set down with him, as to who was in charge , or he could leave. When I called him out later about some of his claims , he call me, to say did I need him to (((come and see me))). This is just part of what went down, If you will pay me what he says he gets for a class I will gave you lot too.. With out the BS. If this is the kind of training you want, then go for it. just my 5 cents jj I'm going to get band for this one.

Dan1612

Master
    I went to Rons, it all went in one ear and out the other, then I went to see JJ.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Then I went to see JJ again and took my wife and stepdaughter with me. 'Nuff said.

MAXman

Master
    I'll say I've never gotten instruction where I didn't take something away, and I try to gain something everytime I shoot. Beermunder handed me a glock and when I did what he said I was knocking down plates at 25 yards like I knew what onward doing. At that point I viewed 25 yards as "this is why pistols are close range weapons".

I'm not saying he's a bad instructor, and he was teaching the ccw guys point shooting(which actually impressed me). But I learned more from don bass and blakely(that's how it sounds not how it's spelled) insisted on a night fire(which not only did I learn from, but was also a blast). Both of those guys also have street time and you can learn a whole lot more than just stance and grip if you listen(and don't deal with the ego). If your like me, and have to requal for your g license, beermunder isn't even an option anymore.

oneshot

Master
    If you go to his Web site and read ((about your Inst.))) the first then he say's is (( Former State Instructor ).. Just my 5 cents jj

flyandscuba

Master
    Slightly off topic but maybe someone can clear it up, In the marines our riggers went through jump school, is that so in the navy?

No, I don't believe that navy parachute riggers do any jumps. The Navy doesn't really "jump" - they eject...

Their riggers are responsible for maintaining and inspecting all the goodies contained in the seat pans, harnesses, G-suits, oxygen masks, helmets, chutes, etc. as far as I'm aware. I'm sure some of the Naval Aviators or Naval Flight Officers on here can confirm.

He did learn how to be quite the seamstress I'm told though. ;)

Dan1612

Master
    I went to Navy flight school, and I can confirm that riggers do not go to jump school. The guys I knew in the Navy who go their jump wings did so through the Army. YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAXman

Master
    Dante, that's because every is service man who goes to jump school goes through the army, they run the jump school.
    In the marines, riggers go to jump school at benning. I had the chance when I got to mos school, my swim qual and pft and asvab were enough that they were confident I could run a first class army pft, get swim qual 1 and learn how to pack a chute. They sold it to me as a backdoor to marsoc/recon, get my feet wet with a unit. I decided I had enough running and student status.(little did I know).

That sounds like what the marines call life support systems. My bil does that as a trade, managed to get japan as a station three times, work with marine corps one. I fully subscribe to one team one fight, and no job is unimportant. Of course, in the marines everyone gets a chance to eat crap and catch trench foot. If all else fails, b billet embassy gaurd.

Jaxon1023

Marksman
    When I moved here from Alabama 8 years ago I couldn't transfer my ccl since you don't need a gun safety course in Alabama. My father paid for his class as a Christmas gift after I found his website. The website seemed very legit and I was more looking forward to the classroom setting to learn the laws in Florida which there never was a classroom setting. As soon as he arrived he handed my certificate. We went into his storage container that he open the wall on to see the targets. He corrected my grip and showed me how to clear jams and rack the slide one handed. He used .22 slides on his flocks and we shot quite a bit of ammo. He did slap me on my bare leg with his "don't ride the slide" paddle.

Dan1612

Master
    Dante, that's because every is service man who goes to jump school goes through the army, they run the jump school.
    Right, those are the pewter wings.
    Where do the gold wings come from? I must be getting old to be forgetting this stuff. Regardless, I can guarantee that El Capitan had neither.

Last edited:

MAXman

Master
    I believe it goes by number of jumps. Don't take that as gospel

Edit to add: the ranger says it goes by who wears it. Marines wear gold, army wears subdued. I would guess that means sailors are gold and Air Force is pewter, but it's entirly possible he made that up to make me look like a jackass.

Last edited:

TK5o

Master
    I was forced to do a requal with him for g license one time. The first 45 minutes I was there he was on the internet talking about how the boston bombing was fake, and the injured people were paid actors and amputees.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I'm pretty sure OP's question has been answered between the posts here and on other threads. No sense in beating a dead horse, so I'm closing this thread.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Just wanted to mention how nice it is that I won't be receiving the "I'm gonna sue if you don't stop talking about me" emails from him :D.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom