Why do folks toss out challenges on the internet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    So many folks think it's something to challenge another member by demanding that they need to come to this range on this day to prove something that has already been attested to by other members of this forum. What makes these folks think that people are really going to change their schedules to accommodate these simplistic challenges? Would it be rude if I requested that every member that challenged me to spend time at a certain range on a certain day with them provide their scorecards from Fort Perry, not their scorecards from Fort Blanding that allowed them to participate at Fort Perry, prior to even considering? Would it be to much to ask that members offer other members invitations to shoot at ranges together cordially? How should this be at this range to prove what you post that other members of the forum have attested challenges be responded to without being considered rude? Awaiting Y'all's response.

Last edited:

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    don't take this the wrong way but... this is coming from a member that calls out a bunch of members in every other post in some fashion?! if you want to have a range day, call it that. don't start by calling out members saying they call others out. jmho, ymmv.

Just goes with the territory of being a larger-than-life, superhero type individual, with exceptional skills and talent. Just charge a large non-refundable appearance fee, and the offers will dwindle.

ABlaster

Master
    Probably because humans, especially men, tend to want to sort themselves out in hierarchies and internet forums tend to attract people prone to exaggeration. If someone puts themselves out there in an “I’m awesome” way, it tends to attract challengers and disbelivers.

Welldoya

Master
    I know better than to call anybody out. I’m a decent shot at best. I read about these guys on the internet that are putting all 6 shots in a 4” circle at 200 yards with their Super Blackhawk .44s and I know to back off.

Baddog 0302

Master
    Maybe, when someone that is a legion in his on mind make a statement like
    " A 300 BO MUST have a 1-7 twist no matter what weight bullet is used" then , I would say "put your money where your mouth is" Let me scope my 10" 30-20 T/C with a 1-10 T and $ 20.00 a shot on a 12" gong at 100 yds, I miss you win I hit, I win

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    i shot the left buttcheek off a gnat that was on the back of a horsefly perched on the back of a bull @ 300 yards with a 30-06 with iron sights and the winds at 30mph once..

the trick is to get someone to hold the gnat down on the fly while not getting kicked by the bull...i have not gotten a volunteer again ...

Snake-Eyes

Master
    i shot the left buttcheek off a gnat that was on the back of a horsefly perched on the back of a bull @ 300 yards with a 30-06 with iron sights and the winds at 30mph once..

the trick is to get someone to hold the gnat down on the fly while not getting kicked by the bull...i have not gotten a volunteer again ...

1671467968672.jpeg

Welldoya

Master
    I was in a local gunshop several years ago and the young guy behind the counter had a group of high school boys mesmerized with tales of his shooting exploits. Apparently, this kid could hit bullseyes at 1,000 yards with iron sights.
    I started to give him 10 to 1 odds if he would meet all of us at the range but figured I would let him have his day in the sun.

Last edited:

DAS HUGH!

Master

Lol, reminds me of a story I heard once. I'm gonna butcher it tho as my memory sucks...
    A Japanese swordsman was challenged to cut a gnat in mid air. He swings, and the gnat flies away. The young guy says hah! You missed and he got away. The swordsman said no son. I wasn't aiming for his body, let's just say he'll never have babies again!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I was in a local gunshop several years ago and the young guy behind the counter had a group of high boys mesmerized with tales of his shooting exploits. Apparently, this kid could hit bullseyes at 1,000 yards with iron sights.
    I started to give him 10 to 1 odds if he would meet all of us at the range but figured I would let him have his day in the sun.
    isn't the across the course at Camp Perry shot with open sights to 1K?

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom