• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

toma

Expert
    SOLD

This is a Winchester 1885 High Wall 45-70 with a 28" barrel. I no longer have a need for it. I used to use it during the Mississippi "Primitive Weapons Season" but now you can use "Weapon of Choice". It is an awesome gun and very well made. It does have a few minor scratches from use but nothing significant. I can't prove it but I believe the wood is Grade III. Bore is perfect. I really hate to sell this but I can't see myself ever using it again.

SOLD

Only asking $1000 without scope, $1150 with scope.
    No trades. Reducing my collection. Firm on price.

SOLD

Scope is a Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40. Bases included with rifle.

SOLD

Last edited:

brasshog

Marksman
    If I didn't already have one and had the extra bank atm...very nice. I really like mine. GLWS

toma

Expert
    Thanks guys. I guess it won't hurt my feelings if it doesn't sell but I hope someone that will use it will find it. I also have a couple of low walls that I may sell in the near future.

ford

Expert
    That is one fine looking rifle and the wood (It has great characteristics & markings) appears to be at a minimum of a Grade 3! Soooo tempting. I sure hope someone buys this fine deer slayer soon. GLWS

toma

Expert
    That is one fine looking rifle and the wood (It has great characteristics & markings) appears to be at a minimum of a Grade 3! Soooo tempting. I sure hope someone buys this fine deer slayer soon. GLWS

Me too :)

toma

Expert
    Did you add that recoil pad to it are did it come from Browning with it?
    The recoil pad is factory installed. Manufacturer is Winchester not Browning. I had a Browning before this one but opted for the Winchester because I didn't like the empty dovetail slot when the iron sights were removed on the Browning.

Marksman
    Another question or two. How much does gun weigh and what is the barrel length at end of forearm? I figured right at 14 inches. And is this a Miroku built rifle? Thanks

Last edited:

toma

Expert
    Another question or two. How much does gun weigh and what is the barrel length at end of forearm? I figured right at 14 inches. And is this a Miroku built rifle? Thanks

Just under 10# with scope/mounts/rings. 15" from end of forearm to end of barrel so 13" from the other end. 12" from receiver to end of barrel (1" inside receiver).

Attachments

• IMG_3619.JPG
      IMG_3619.JPG
      42.1 KB · Views: 340
    • IMG_3620.JPG
      IMG_3620.JPG
      36.7 KB · Views: 340

toma

Expert
    Forgot to answer this question. Yes made by Miroku.

Attachments

• IMG_4769.jpeg
      IMG_4769.jpeg
      121.6 KB · Views: 188

brasshog

Marksman
    I stand corrected. Mine is a Browning made by Miroku with the murderous curved butt plate. I have owned two Miroku's and they were both nice. Did this come with iron sights ? If you change your mind on trades let us know. Free bump for a nice rifle.

BamaFaninMilton

Emeritus
    I have two of the Browning single shots, one a Model 78 30-06 and the other is an 1885 .270, both great rifles! Wish I had the money for this one, GLWS!

toma

Expert
    I have two of the Browning single shots, one a Model 78 30-06 and the other is an 1885 .270, both great rifles! Wish I had the money for this one, GLWS!

Me too :smile:
    I really like the 1885 action too. I also have a couple of low walls, they are the ultimate in a lightweight hunting rifle. Next year we may only be allowed to have single shots. Great investments.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom