• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Good info. No big surprise. Greed has taken over this country.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    This is why the gun shows suck and I have stopped going to them. These people put on the same shows, same vendors, same over priced merchandise, I will not give them my entrance $$ That is how to make them change! The show promoter is the worst I have ever seen. These shows should include, seasonal types of merchandise, like deer products, turkey, hog, stands, blinds, trail cams and such to make them much better. This promoter is too shallow and closed minded.

Gunslinger82

Expert
    http://thegunwriter.blogs.heraldtribune.com/15795/the-gun-writer-floridas-gun-show-mafia/

That's why I love doing the Milton gun show, and the Mobile Abba shrine show.

I go to a lot of gunshows in south fl and they are pretty good. Way better variety and prices than we have in the Panhandle. Local shows are always the same people with the same over priced junk. I won't be attending any more of the Suncoast sponsored shows after reading this article. F 'em!!!!

Welldoya

Master
    I thought it was the Bean family who had the monopoly on gun shows in Florida ?

TraderDan

Master
    sunds like a stupid move out of desperation, and borderline sueable, I dought if they had an exclusive clause on sign up form.

Viking1204

Master
    This is why the gun shows suck and I have stopped going to them. These people put on the same shows, same vendors, same over priced merchandise, I will not give them my entrance $$ That is how to make them change! The show promoter is the worst I have ever seen. These shows should include, seasonal types of merchandise, like deer products, turkey, hog, stands, blinds, trail cams and such to make them much better. This promoter is too shallow and closed minded.

I go to a lot of gunshows in south fl and they are pretty good. Way better variety and prices than we have in the Panhandle. Local shows are always the same people with the same over priced junk. I won't be attending any more of the Suncoast sponsored shows after reading this article. F 'em!!!!

+1 on both of your comments. Hell, for me and my oldest son to walk in the door it's $14 so why throw away money there I can spend on ammo. There is a show in FWB this weekend and I'm not going, I'll go to my local dealer stores instead if I need anything. I already have plans to check out that Tactical store in Destin this weekend.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I been saying that for 2 years, stop going and supporting the promoters, it will teach all of them a hard lesson. Go to the Milton show and non promoter shows.

1956_4x4

Expert
    I've never been to the Milton show. I might just need to check it out.

Smitty

Medic

Marksman
    I'm all for any gun show that isn't full of beef jerky vendors and extremist groups. I just want to see guns and ammo and may be some surplus stuff.

wareagle50

Master
    As a guy that does gun shows, one or so a month, you are limited to which ones you can do. I sell mainly holsters, so I can sell them at the shows in Alabama, Mississippi, and elsewhere, but if you sell guns you are limited to your state. I use to do the Victor Beans shows, but they screwed me around trying to get a table at the Pensacola show, so I quit doing their FWB and PCB shows. I only do the Milton and Mobile and sometimes Robertsdale. All three of those shows have great promoters who appreciate their vendors. After expenses, I make a little $, but I enjoy the shows and talking to gun folk the most. I do it as a hobby, it would be a hard way to make a living if you did it full time.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Now that is what we need to know, Thanks WE

All the local VB shows are $75 a table. I didn't want to turndown Billy for the last Milton show, but family trumps business

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    The real rip off to me is the entry fee, we are customers, they need us to come and buy or there is no show! I refuse to pay them unless it is an independent show and I am not happy about that either. They would get double the people if the fee was $2-3 instead of 7

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    I been saying that for 2 years, stop going and supporting the promoters, it will teach all of them a hard lesson. Go to the Milton show and non promoter shows.

Ive been to the Milton show, its where I bought my first firearm ever in 2005. What/where are the non-promoter shows?

Is the Milton show at Santa Rosa Auditorium?

Yes. Its a pretty decent show, but in a very small venue.

Top Bottom