• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    It is a true brother-in-law scam, the relatives and associates make 6 figure incomes from the Charity and what little is left for the WW is sent to others as 3rd party providers...well not really as their cash reserves are enormous I stopped supporting them 2 years ago when I found out about the scam, it is truly a family business making a living on the back of our WW's. It is a sad and sickening situation. I have been passing this info on in posts and PM's from 2012.

Plus they are anti 2nd Amendment/guns as well as anti religion.

Last edited:

Aaronious45

Master
    I feel any large organized "charity" is that way. I support churches charity work and that's about it for me

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Fisher house and a few other put 100% back to the WW's, those are the ones I support.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    It's not new news Bill but it does need to be spread far and wide. I saw some of Franks comments in the past and started researching for myself. Very sad.

Centermass556

Expert
    I have felt the same way. I made a statement about WWP being worthless and a "self" cause around a few of friends and comrades that have spent time at either Walter Reed, San antonio, or Bethesda and I was quickly corrected. They said they have seen WWP do some genuine good for the wounded. I don't know. I have a good friend that is still in the WTU in Virginia and he champions their cause every chance he gets. The worst part is Samual knows and acknowledges the "charity" is getting off of donations for wounded vets, but because of the good he has seen them do he continues to support. I don't pressure him on it, Samual isn't the same he ised to be.

I don't support them at all anymore. The last thread of hope I had for them went out the window when they took their anti-firearm sponsor stance. Ranger Up used to donate sales to WWP, but I haven't the WWP emblem on their site in a while.

In my mind, even though they help a little, it is just a form of war profiteering

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    You will always have those that think they know how well they do, the proof is in following the money. Sure you can help a few who sing your praises for the commercials and evidently that is all you need to do. With all the founders relatives on the payroll and inlaws running the paid solicitors, then spending like a drunken sailor on TV people only know them by what they tell people. I am telling you they are rich off the backs of WW's and that is a very sad thing.

Last edited:

Marquezj16

Marksman
    This upsets me so much I don't know what to think. I will not be donating to their pockets and stop buying any of their products.

schavey

Expert
    Bravo for anything or anybody who exposes such criminal conning of the people of the USA, who want to help our wounded warriors. Much of the material on the internet alleges that this WWP is getting away with something called a "legal scam", but I do not understand how that is possible.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Dean Graham is a fellow Iraq War veteran and journalist. He writes for Western Journalism.com and he has summed up what the Wounded Warriors Project really is. He says it best in his own words, so I give them to you now:

The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) pays millions of dollars for commercials showing injured service members. Many were forced to sign non-disclosure agreements (why?). I have talked to many Veterans who were promised many things from WWP and did not receive anything in return for the use of their likeness in commercials and print ads.

The commercials do not mention anything WWP does to help the injured service members. Listen closely to the commercials as they parade an injured veteran around like an injured animal. They pay famous actors and musicians to pull on the nation’s heart strings. Fox News takes millions in commercial revenue from WWP, along with A&E and other T.V. networks. I have written to Fox and others begging them to investigate for themselves. I imagine they too are blocked by a non-disclosure agreement.

WWP has many paid board members; this is not legal, according to their own company bylaws. WWP claims that only one board member is compensated. In addition, they have multiple board members and employees who are former Veterans Administration employees, including the former head of the Veterans Administration. This allows the WWP to tap into federal grants that may not otherwise be available. WWP has made sure to hire board members from high places to give credence to their claims. I beg to differ and believe most people will too.

WWP has twelve or more offices in seven states employing thousands of civilian employees and very few former veterans. These employees should be volunteers. Yet every dime they collect for their paycheck is on the back of an actual injured veteran who needs assistance. I called and talked with six different paid civilian employees, and all stated that WWP does not award any type of financial assistance. Injured Veterans do not want to go on trips very often; however, they do need financial assistance while going through their recovery.

WWP uses other non-profits and organizations to provide trips and special events. Why are they not using their own donations? I believe they have so many employees working on collecting donations and soliciting help from other organizations that the actual help to veterans is minimal in comparison to donations.

WWP uses Non-Disclosure agreements with actors and employees to keep them from telling the truth about where the money actually goes. One pilot who used to do Air Shows with them shared this information with me; he said the WWP wanted them to exit the room with donors so they could be in complete control of donations. He refused to sign a non-disclosure agreement because they were taking all the credit for the air shows he and others were performing.

WWP is a for profit business, working under the umbrella of a non-profit. I believe they should be exposed for what they really are; many caring people are duped into donating to WWP, believing their donations will really help injured veterans. No financial donations, no homes built, no material donations; and according to their own website and commercials, it is not clear exactly what they do. I know they help a handful of veterans by showing up at hospitals, throwing their logo on a veteran’s chest, and snapping a picture to look like they are helping wounded warriors.

WWP is a fraud created by former military members and former Veterans Administration employees that needs to be investigated immediately. They will not go quietly and have an army of lawyers on staff to punish all those who try to expose them. I leave it up to every American to investigate on your own; do not take my word for it. Tell your friends and relatives not to donate to WWP; just help a veteran directly.

Article Appeared First on Free Patriot

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    LewRockwell.com ANTI-STATE•ANTI-WAR•PRO-MARKET
    The Wounded Warriors Project Is a Scam
    Laurence M. Vance

According to Veterans Today, “As far as I can determine, WWP does little, if any, direct support of wounded warriors and wounded warrior programs.” It turns out that “compensation for the top ten WWP employees runs from $150K to $333K per officer annually.” Gee, just think of the writing I could do every year with a salary of just 20 percent of the the lowest figure. One woman in the comments section says to a wounded veteran who also commented: “Thank you for your service, without you we would be nothing

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom