• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
    I am going to spend my Christmas money on a shotgun for myself. If I can find a good deal on a good, used shotgun I will consider it, if not I will probably end up buying an 870 express new. I live in Mobile, but can travel for it. Looking for something that is a jack of all trades: skeet, deer, ducks, etc. I am the same username on PFF and have over 1200 posts and multiple people know me, so my lack of posts on here shouldn't be a trust issue. Let me know what you have, I'd like to spend less than $500.

Thanks! Jonathan

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    I dare you. LOL... can/will they let you shoot it at a 4' square target? My best friend has a supernova that he had to "bend" ... yes. bend the barrel to make it shoot straight. See if you can arrange a demo.

Really? Dang I had only heard great reviews of the nova, and it shot fine when I tried it. But hey, there's a bad egg in every bunch. I just don't have much faith in finding a good, used shotgun that has all the interchangeable chokes. I'd love it if I could.

tonyd

Shooter
    I dare you. LOL... can/will they let you shoot it at a 4' square target? My best friend has a supernova that he had to "bend" ... yes. bend the barrel to make it shoot straight. See if you can arrange a demo.
    4 in sq at how far ?bend the barrel ? yes i have read this before but if you bend it for 25 yds then it will be off at 40 to fit a stock is a different thing . the nova may have shims to fit the butt stock reciver conection for drop and cast!if it was me tho i would be looking at that 1100

4 in sq at how far ?bend the barrel ? yes i have read this before but if you bend it for 25 yds then it will be off at 40 to fit a stock is a different thing . the nova may have shims to fit the butt stock reciver conection for drop and cast!if it was me tho i would be looking at that 1100

It has a built in choke, I'd prefer adjustable or interchangeable to be able to hunt a variety of game with it.

tonyd

Shooter
    barrels are avalable get the barrel threaded with a tube or two less than 300 but with a mod choke and the right load you can shoot any game you want if you do your part. an 1100 for 550 is fair depending on condition the last one i bought a .410 sporting was way more than that. see what he has or save a bunch of cash and buy a stoger there the same as benellie just cost a bunch less(how come?)

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    barrels are avalable get the barrel threaded with a tube or two less than 300

Way less than that. $90 - $120 to get a barrel threaded for choke tubes.

Colonial Arms in Bay Minette has done a couple of barrels for me. Link to installation charges are in the lower left corner of the web page.
    http://www.colonialarms.com/index.html

jpwalnuthill

Expert
    Way less than that. $90 - $120 to get a barrel threaded for choke tubes.

Colonial Arms in Bay Minette has done a couple of barrels for me. Link to installation charges are in the lower left corner of the web page.
    http://www.colonialarms.com/index.html

John, did they cut barrel for that price. I have a 870 magnum wingmaster, 30 inch full that I am considering put a choke in it.

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    John, did they cut barrel for that price. I have a 870 magnum wingmaster, 30 inch full that I am considering put a choke in it.

If you can get it done for less than 150, I wouldn't give it a 2nd thought. I've got a browning 2000 that had a 28" mod bbl that has been threaded. I love it.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter

Either their catalog or the web site says that they will shorten the barrel at the time of installation for no extra charge.

Hubbyandwife

Expert
    Hey SAS...I will get the 5500 info to you this afternoon

Latest posts

Top Bottom