• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kaferhaus

Marksman
    She's decided she's going to start carrying so got to find her a smallish 9MM, she's very petite @ 4'11", so nothing resembling a Glock or any other double stack is going to work for her. Prefer something like a S&W Shield (kicking myself for selling one 6 months ago....)

FowlHunter13

Master
    Seems like someone had a Kahr CM9 on here not long ago. I have the PM9 and absolutely love it. Very small and concealable. Super accurate for such a small gun. I have heard a lot of good things about the Shield as well. I will keep an eye and an ear out for you.

kaferhaus

Marksman
    Thanks Dave! I never should have sold that Shield.... it shot great and was dead nutz reliable.

kaferhaus

Marksman
    You're too far away and I'd rather not pay the overhead and taxes...

Welldoya

Master
    I've got a CW9 and love it.
    Actually, I read a review where the author tested several different 9mms right out of the box and the Kahr was the only one that didn't have a malfunction. I believe the manual says the "break-in" period is 200 rounds but that's just lawyers talking. Mine has never failed from day one.

Ken232

Marksman
    I have the Walther PPS and love it thats not a hard gun to conceal either

NoEvo

Shooter
    Do have a sig p290 that I'm willing to sell , you can pm me if you're interested .

NoEvo

Shooter
    I don't believe it is , there is no "rs" on the side of the pistol .. Nice pistol though , goes bang every time ! It was for my wife , but she won't carry it , and she's more comfortable with my buddys full size xd.45 ... So .. Can't complain about that I guess , so now I'm on the hunt , but the wallet says one has to go to get another ... Economy is a drag !!

Last edited:

kaferhaus

Marksman
    if it won't "double strike" then it's not. If you have to reset the slide to get it to fire, it's not the RS which stands for "re-strike"

Sig made quite a few improvements to the original design as they had a lot of negative feedback on the trigger. In fact there is a "passive" recall on the pistol because of the crappy trigger they came with.

kaferhaus

Marksman
    Again, this pistol will be for my wife.... she's very petite and a 8lb long creepy trigger is not going to work for her. She will both carry this pistol on her person and in her purse depending on how she's dressed. She's been to Academy and Bass Pro (just to look) but neither of those places will let you "dry fire" the pistols to get a feel for the trigger.

She's not a "noob" by any stretch and wants a 9MM, NOT a 380. I appreciate guys trying to give advice, but that's not what I'm asking for.

NoEvo

Shooter
    I does not re strike ... It is DAO , long pull , not sure of the trigger weight , I believe I still have the warranty card I've not filled out , you think I could check Sigs website to check for a recall ?

kaferhaus

Marksman
    By "passive" it means you need to contact them and and ask for the trigger upgrade.

Note they will NOT upgrade it to the RS.... just fix the horrid trigger

NoEvo

Shooter
    Called sig , no recall on the trigger or optional upgrade from them , perhaps an aftermarket thing , they do claim it to be a 9lbs trigger though . Not sure what's bad about it , mine seems fine , but it doesn't sound like what you're looking for .. Thanks for the info on the trigger , I'll be looking to upgrade it if possible ..

Members online

Top Bottom