• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 5lima30ret

Master
    A neighbor bought a LCP 22. I took him to the range with it twice. Couldn't get it to go through a full mag w/o a FTF or double feed with (4) different brands of ammo including the "industry standard" CCI Mini Mags. I highly recommend the Smith & Wesson M&P 22 Compact instead! It will shoot most any ammo including cheap bulk Federal or Remington!

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    I had the original LCP and sold it and bought the LCP II and I love it. I've never had one single problem with it. It's my go anywhere gun. Nothing at all wrong with getting a LCP II.

5lima30ret

Master
    I had the original LCP and sold it and bought the LCP II and I love it. I've never had one single problem with it. It's my go anywhere gun. Nothing at all wrong with getting a LCP II.
    My buddy has a LCP II and it shoots fine as does my LCP Gen 2. The LCP .380's in general seem to be fine... but I would definitely avoid the .22 LR models!

wvfatboy

Master
    Sorry. I didnt know you were in Alabama. We would have to run it through an FFl and it would put me having more in it than buying a new one. I appreciate it though !!!!

Wintergreen Mtn

Shooter
    You are very welcome. Is a new rule in place in FL that I am not aware about? Should be like buying anything else at a gun show. I’ll be happy to do a bill of sale. I’m the original owner. No FFL needed. Can others chime in so we can learn from each other please?

Wintergreen Mtn

Shooter
    Sorry. I didnt know you were in Alabama. We would have to run it through an FFl and it would put me having more in it than buying a new one. I appreciate it
    You are very welcome. Is a new rule in place in FL that I am not aware about? Should be like buying anything else at a gun show. I’ll be happy to do a bill of sale. I’m the original owner. No FFL needed. Can others chime in so we can learn from each other please?
    Please inquire. I have a CWP too. Only rule that I know of is you can’t sell a weapon to someone with a felony. That would be a criminal act on the seller too. A simple bill of sale should be all that is needed. I was going to be out near the Orange Beach express way tomorrow or Weds evening.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Only long guns and then even some say it should go through FFL. Best bet is swap weapons with people that have the same state ID.

Dan1612

Master

Incorrect.
    This rule you’re not aware of is not an FL thing, it’s a federal thing called The Gun Control Act.

“A person may transfer a firearm to an unlicensed resident of their state, provided the transferor does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the transferee is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under federal law. There may be state laws that regulate intrastate firearm transactions. A person considering transferring a firearm should contact their State Attorney General’s Office to inquire about the laws and possible state or local restrictions.

Generally, for a person to lawfully transfer a firearm to an unlicensed person who resides out of state, the firearm must be shipped to a federal firearms licensee (FFL) within the transferee’s state of residence. The transferee may then receive the firearm from the FFL upon completion of an ATF Form 4473 and a NICS background check.”

Wintergreen Mtn

Shooter
    I a
    Incorrect.
    This rule you’re not aware of is not an FL thing, it’s a federal thing called The Gun Control Act.

“A person may transfer a firearm to an unlicensed resident of their state, provided the transferor does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the transferee is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under federal law. There may be state laws that regulate intrastate firearm transactions. A person considering transferring a firearm should contact their State Attorney General’s Office to inquire about the laws and possible state or local restrictions.

Generally, for a person to lawfully transfer a firearm to an unlicensed person who resides out of state, the firearm must be shipped to a federal firearms licensee (FFL) within the transferee’s state of residence. The transferee may then receive the firearm from the FFL upon completion of an ATF Form 4473 and a NICS background check.

SAWMAN

Master
    I now carry (EDC) a Ruger LCP MAX.
    Got about 150rds thru the gun now for both training and break in.
    Accurate at the "normal" gunfighting distances so would not really classify this a "belly gun".
    Ergonomically great for my Med/ Larger hands. Light weight even with 12+1 carried.
    I highly reccomend you take a look at this model. --- SAWMAN

Latest posts

Top Bottom