• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adam007_99

Shooter
    So guys I took the plunge at the absolute worst time for reloading. It what can I say I got the itch And sometimes you just gotta scratch it right. So I’ve done a lot of research gained the equipment, I have the brass, Sierra Match bthp’s, and now all I need is the primers and powder. I was hoping to find a powder versatile enough for different projectiles. Say I want to try Hornady eldx’s, or sst’s, maybe even sierra’s gameking (I’ll be using this rifle to hunt and shoot “longer” range 500 +/- yards. Some powders would include h4895, cfe 223, varget, tac, win 748, imr 8208xbr, or imr 4895. Open to any suggestions, please remember I’m new to this. P.s. I may have a couple leads on primers but hey it never hurts to ask if anyone has some extra ones laying around does it lol.

oneshot

Master
    Got some bulk rifle power working up loads for 308 now and other ceb.. 243 270 30-06 and 6.5c. just for starters , May dec. to let some of it go. got more then 50. lbs. Got it for 30-06 for the M-1 it has a burn rate about that of 4350. jj

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    My 'go to' powder for .308 is IMR4895. I could help you get started with a pound of it & a couple hundred primers for a reasonable amount, if you can come to the Gulf Breeze/Midway area. I also have some Varget & H335, if you prefer either. PM me if interested.

Adam007_99

Shooter
    Got some bulk rifle power working up loads for 308 now and other ceb.. 243 270 30-06 and 6.5c. just for starters , May dec. to let some of it go. got more then 50. lbs. Got it for 30-06 for the M-1 it has a burn rate about that of 4350. jj
    Ok what powders do you have? Would you be willing to sell some?

Adam007_99

Shooter
    My 'go to' powder for .308 is IMR4895. I could help you get started with a pound of it & a couple hundred primers for a reasonable amount, if you can come to the Gulf Breeze/Midway area. I also have some Varget & H335, if you prefer either. PM me if interested.
    Sir I would drive to Alabama at this point lol!

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom