• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gibbi

Shooter
    I'm in the market for a couple surefire lights. One for a new AR build and one for my wife's vehicle I'm trying to phase out my maglights all together. lemme know if y'all have anything!

DrifterFisher

Expert
    I have one I never use anymore, I use streamlight stingers only now. It takes 2 of the 123 batterys,LED emitter. Bought at Lowes a few years ago,plastic body. Its a G2 I think.

Last edited:

DrifterFisher

Expert
    Rechargeable. I was tired of buying battery's all the time,and those lil 123's are the high end. The battery's in the stingers last for several years, and for about 20$ to replace one just seems more economical. Yes the light is bigger than a 2 cell 123 light but you also get longer run times. And 1" scope mounts fit the LED Stinger,the xenon bulb version has a bigger body so the mounts have to be filed out some. They take the same battery. The switch went out in one of my LED stingers, 5$ to ship it to Streamlight, and was it sent back in a week and a half later,brand new everything including a new battery.
    I have chargers mounted everywhere,my boat,trucks, and several in the house.

They also make a smaller rechargeable light similar in size to the Surefire G2
    http://www.streamlight.com/en-us/product/class.html?cid=1

Good luck in your search, I went through many many lights. I have found that a rechargeable is a must have for me now.

gibbi

Shooter
    I appreciate the feedback its gone from a side project to a complete overhaul of all my lights. Just getting rid of old tech for brighter and smaller. You are right though there are so many companies out there now making lights its hard to separate the good from the bad. I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. But it sounds like you've had great luck with those and for the price I think I am going to buy one and see what I think. I also do very much like the idea of rechargeable that would be a heck of a convenience.

thanks again happy hunting DrifterFisher!!

DrifterFisher

Expert
    Sure thing man. The stingers have done me well for several years now. I remember a few years ago being in Mikes Sports store on 29 and there was a guy trying to sell china lights. When I brought my new LED stinger in and threw it across the store and he wouldn't I like to think that might have played a roll in them getting the stingers instore. Probably not.
    PM replied.

Welldoya

Master
    My sister gave me a light for Christmas called an Ultra Fire. A guy on EBay sells them for $25. It's rechargeable and is the brightest small light I've ever seen. After seeing mine, everybody in my hunting club ordered 1 or 2.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Surefire and and most lights are made from China components, they do it cheaper and as good as we have right now. I can pick up a clone of your $100 or more light for $15-25. They have the same bodies, the same orings the same LED's, everything. Should not call them clones as they are the original MFG.

All my lights use the 18650 batteries, rechargeable, 3000 to 5000 MaH, they are cheap and run as long as anything out there. My kill lights are 130-750 lumens and my flashlights are 700-3000 lumens, even my headlamps are 1700 lumens.

Last edited:

DrifterFisher

Expert
    Frank I have heard about the china lights, I have never bought anything from ebay,and never will. I deal in cash only on everything. How do they hold up? I have ran over one of my stingers in a shop and it scratched the finish. What kind of warranty do they have?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I deal in cash to thru paypal. Have a problem and you can send them back, I buy them so cheap I don't care about the warranty. The only light I have had go bad is a well known maker in the states, none of the china lights. What you need to know is all the cree led's, most batteries and the bodys of the lights come from China anyway, you are just getting them much cheaper without the high dollar name on them, I have probably 12 now and the finish, orings, cree's and batteries all work and don't give me any problems...should have given you the tour while you were here...Locally I don't know anyone that carry them, they cannot compete w the price.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Good deal, let me know.

SAWMAN

Master
    When I got my $7000. thermal that is totally made in the USA,it came with three 123batts...........made in China. The purpose of my lights is not to be thrown accross a room or have my truck run over them. I carry them for hunting either in my backpack or in my pocket. I have some of the exact same lights and batts that Frank has and they have never failed me. I buy my 123 batts from China for $.82 and $.90 apiece. A single 123 batt at CVS is $6.00.

I WILL NEVER buy another flashlight or batteries from the USA ever again. If they cannot find a way to compete with the Chinese then.............? --- SAWMAN

DrifterFisher

Expert
    The running over was an accident, the throwing was on purpose. And I hate having to buy battery's. And I think paypal and ebay is a scam. I'm sure there are plenty of people who have done well using them,I have several friends who have been ripped off by them and then told that the "site " was a fake. Several thousand on a few deals. So no thanks.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    easy to get ripped off on ebay, these Chinese co's live and die on their ratings there, I have used several and always got what I ordered...Paypal is like your online bank, I have done thousands of $$ in business thru them and never had an issue, that is all I can tell you my personal experience...just have a friend or business order for you and pay them cash

gibbi

Shooter
    I'd love some direction from you guys frank sawman would you mind providing examples before I spend a grand on lights? Lol. I also don't do eBay, or at least have not before.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    It really all depends on what you are using you light for but here are some sites and links I have put together for others, hope all the links still work...let me know after you take a look.

I ordered the lightmalls kill light. Got in it today and it is the very same light as my Elusive Wildlife XL250 Kill light and for $26 instead of $149 or more you cannot beat the deal. The extra inserts for red and white which I got along w the green in my light are $10 more ea and blue for blood tracking is available. This IS the best deal I have found, Attach a QD 30mm ring to it and put on any rail...

http://www.lightmalls.com/uniquefire...hlight-1-18650

http://www.lightmalls.com/uniquefire-hs-802-cree-green-light-long-range-led-flashlight-1-18650

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-18650-3...ight-Torch-Rechargeable-Battery-/160754954312

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2PCS-18650-...US_Rechargeable_Batteries&hash=item3f1c9d7917

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8pcs-18650-...US_Rechargeable_Batteries&hash=item416b2c520c

head lamp
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1800Lm-Zoom...314?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27cea414fa

non zoom headlamp
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1800Lm-CREE...263?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d3d3a3c6f

Top Bottom