WTS Ruger Single Six Three Screw 22LR/22Mag - Robertsdale, AL but Florida Resident

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

FowlHunter13

Master
    ItemSOLD! Ruger Single Six Three Screw 22LR/22Mag SOLD!

Location Robertsdale, AL(Stationed) but I am a Florida resident

Contact Info PM if interested

Price $275

Item Description 1972 Ruger Single Six Three Screw with both 22LR and 22Mag cylinders. It is in original condition and has not had the safety upgrade done. good bore and internally very sound and in great condition. It does has some holster wear on the end of the barrel and a spot on the crane just forward of the cylinder. I held on to this with the intention of having Ruger refinish it. Just never got around to it and now have other things I would rather do.

Attachments

• Ruger Barrel.jpg
      Ruger Barrel.jpg
      96.5 KB · Views: 307
    • Ruger Crane.jpg
      Ruger Crane.jpg
      112.3 KB · Views: 305
    • Ruger Single Six.jpg
      Ruger Single Six.jpg
      92.9 KB · Views: 307
    Last edited:

ccc

Master
    Be careful in buying a cylinder from another gun for your Ruger, they are usually "Matched" to the gun it came with and allot of times will not work with another gun.

Marksman
    Be careful in buying a cylinder from another gun for your Ruger, they are usually "Matched" to the gun it came with and allot of times will not work with another gun.

Yeah Ive got a new model that didnt have the mag cyl and would like one too. Ive read that they are "factory fitted" but cost is minimal for the fitting so it cant be too involved. Im thinking the factory smiths just verify that all cylinders line up, if not try another one. I think most will drop right in but I dont think Ruger will sell them to a gunsmith much less anyone else for fear of the potential legal issues involved.

Well called Ruger yesterday and they quoted like $68 for a new cylinder but 80 to install, plus shipping, way more than Im willing to pay for no more use Id get out of the extra cylinder.

Last edited:

FowlHunter13

Master
    Yeah Ive got a new model that didnt have the mag cyl and would like one too. Ive read that they are "factory fitted" but cost is minimal for the fitting so it cant be too involved. Im thinking the factory smiths just verify that all cylinders line up, if not try another one. I think most will drop right in but I dont think Ruger will sell them to a gunsmith much less anyone else for fear of the potential legal issues involved.

I am not certain about this whole can of worms to be honest. Since it is a mass produced item, I can't imagine much difference between cylinders and they should all technically be the same, but I do know that most if not all manufactures require you to send in the gun when purchasing a new or replacement cylinder. There has to be some sort of "fitting" envolved however slight. The .22 Magnum and .22 LR cylinders for this gun are factory and have part of the serial number engraved on the front face,

Ken232

Marksman
    I can tell you from experience that the cylinders Need to be timed for that gun...I bought one and found an extra cylinder at a flea market when I put the mag cylinder in and looked down the bbl with a borescope u could definately tell they did NOT line up, took it to a gunsmith and timed it and didnt cost alot but if I would have just slapped it in and shot it there would have been BAD issues. better to be safe than sorry

flightmedic

Shooter
    A quality gunsmith can time a cylinder to your firearm. No absolute need to send it back to the factory.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom