YOUR phone calls are recorded 24/7. No tinfoil hat on this one.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master

TraderDan

Master
    Do you realize how much manpower and computer it would take to record all phone calls in the US?? I have to call BS on ALL calls. But I don't know much about politics and government stupidity.

Choppersled

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    I'll save them some time and effort. About to call the wife. We need dog food...

flyandscuba

Master
    It's all digital -- it can be done. Heard of the Federal Data Center? It's huge -- and out in the middle of nowhere.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Every thing is recorded, as technology advances more and more is recorded, as Scuba says it is all digital now. I was there at A data center, doing Security for them in '85, have no idea what the capabilities are now but it is huge!

flyandscuba

Master
    One way to find out -- make a phone call to a friend and throw out the words "bomb" "assassinate" "president" "you know who's name" and a few other "terrorist-like phrases" and see if you get a visit from the Secret Service...:bolt:

wildrider666

Master
    One way to find out -- make a phone call to a friend and throw out the words "bomb" "assassinate" "president" "you know who's name" and a few other "terrorist-like phrases" and see if you get a visit from the Secret Service...:bolt:

Only problem with this method of conformation is that the person who does it will no be avail to confirm the result for awhile. LOl

TraderDan

Master
    Well it still boggles my mind, but I admit it really don't take much these days! I can see targeting some selected, but All calls WOW. I find it hard to believe.

Hunkyfish

Master
    Side of the Highway under the bridge near Freeport
    It's all based on keywords just like FnS said,,, if you avoid the words then it is irrelevant to them & ignored

wildrider666

Master
    It's all based on keywords just like FnS said,,, if you avoid the words then it is irrelevant to them & ignored

I agree with this to a point. It will move content with those key words to a higher level screening, But: If that is truly the trigger and the content (plot) is discussed for hours and key words only used at the end; then only the end of the plot would be recorded. So the entire content must be recorded in order to capture the information from the beginning.

Boston was a surprise to all US intell gathering as far as the public has been told. So the Bombers conversations (with Exwife) never never got any attention. NOW these conversations are "available and being reviewed". I'm not talking about TEXT MSG or pic's, Specifically PAST and PRIOR unimportant conversations! So when you consider asking what your romantic interest is wearing while on the phone, know that some Gov pervert may enjoy it too.

TURTLE

Marksman
    There is not a computer in the world that could store or monitor every phone call made and to save all of them?? No way.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    They are not listening, they are recording so if you come up in an investigation they can look for your communications, unless you are already being looked at the key wording is used.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    NSA was one of my Main clients when i was in Wash DC, you would not believe some of the stories I could tell! (unclassified ones of course). We did all their perimeter "outside" of the building security.

Zeus

Banned For Life
    It's not just phone calls, it is also all tweets, txt's, and emails inside the borders of the US. This was admitted to by a retired top CIA official last Sunday on one of the political talk shows. He stated that at the time of his retirement the Gov. was grabbing and storing 1.7 Billion separate communications per day. And that they were not using "a" computer, they were using banks of computers located at each telecom center and internet hub location to accomplish it. Then transferring the data to several massive US database complexes that have been constructed.

Check out the link below about ECHELON and you will see this is all very old news. It started out as military use only in the 60’s but by the early 90's the US had converted / were converting it over to be aimed directly at US citizens. I tried bringing the ramifications of this to peoples attention back then to no avail so none of this "new" news is a surprise to me.

The only surprise to me was that last Sunday it was publicly confirmed for the very first time.

And they most certainly have advance the technology 1000 fold since the 60's

LINK :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echelon_(signals_intelligence)

Last edited:

kendive

Master
    I bet walmart's Server packs and PC's alone could do that...

There is not a computer in the world that could store or monitor every phone call made and to save all of them?? No way.

wildrider666

Master

Who says its "one" computer?

a. All calls go through a company computer for routing. Who says the application isn't in those computers. The only minor issue is storage but in the grand scheme of things the Gov buys and does it is but a drop of water in a big ocean.

b. Just look at what Google collects, sorts and sells all your info! The got busted a few months ago for collecting wireless addresses while driving around taking pictures for Google Maps!!! Google told the Court "It was an unintentional gathering of information" (by a program and application Google designed and installed Google as an addition to what the mapping vehicle had been doing for years). Look at all the crap that Google does on the Net and the info they have no problem sorting and storing. Anybody really think the Gov can't do the same thing with all the phones?

c. Remember The post on here about the Gov installing a computer in some States DMV as they handled the CWP. Gov then required additional information also be submitted on THEIR Computer. Suit filed and GOV and State Lost. Now look at the big picture: How many DMV in that state? Gov put Computers in all of them. Now Do you think that this was only done in one state? Surely the Gov has or is putting those computers in whatever state agency handles the CWP or CCW for each State.

d. Gov has an unlimited amount of YOUR money to spend!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Just because you have never seen a server/storage and computing room does not mean the don't exist I saw them in the mid 80's and that was nothing to what the capabilities are now. There is never just one and redundancy is the norm.

Top Bottom